Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:13 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times

Advertisements

The Bible is not a science book, yet it is scientifically accurate. Scripture/the Bible does not oppose or compete with science for the truth, but, reveals it as a Biblical roadmap for mankind. Medicine, Anthropology, Archaeology, Government, Law, the origin of mankind and the universe -- are all firmly rooted in Bible Truth! Another compelling 'proof' that Scripture/the Bible is the inspired Word of God is that the best available human science consistently affirms God's creation and inspiration:

2). SCIENCE CONSISTENTLY AFFIRMS THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE
• Science is still ‘discovering’ truths that God revealed in scripture thousands of years ago.
• Nature, the human body, life and the universe affirm God’s creation and inspiration
• Scripture and 150-years of critical research agree: evolution remains only an ‘unproven theory’

The more I study science, the more I believe in God.” -Albert Einstein

Science repeatedly 'discovers' truths revealed in Scripture long before: (3 of 100 examples)

Issue: Shape of Earth (* Heb. Chuwg: Spherical)
World's Belief: The Ancients believed earth was flat -and center of universe (Aristotle said otherwise, but, not widely accepted
Scripture: 700 BC -Isaiah 40:22 – “It is he that sits upon the circle* of the earth”
Science: 400 BC –Aristotle suggested earth might be round; 1615 AD Galileo claimed the earth was not center of universe. 1492 AD–Columbus first sailed beyond the ‘edge of the flat world’

Issue: Wind patterns/ currents
World's Belief: wind blows straight; source unknown
Scripture: 950 BC - Eccl. 1:6 “The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course.
Science: 1900’s - Meteorologists discovered and began to calculate the path of of Jet streams (35-50,000 feet above the earth).

Issue: Earth's Water Recirculation patterns
World's Belief: Water and rivers were largely a result of rain, with oceans & rivers flowing into oceans
Scripture: 950 BC - Eccl. 1:7 –“All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again.
Science: Late 1900’s – Thermohaline circulation, sometimes called the ocean conveyor belt, recycles the earth’s water [7]

Human Body - Intelligent Design - (2 of 50 system examples)

The Human Brain:
The human brain is ‘ …the most complex and orderly arrangement of matter in the universe’. Isaac Asimov. “The brain is the most influential organ of the body, enabling one to think, remember, feel, reason, imagine, and analyze. The brain controls hearing, sight, smell, speech, eating, resting, learning and everything else that influences ones behavior. The average brain weighs about 3 pounds and contains 12 billion cells, each of which is connected to 10,000 other brain cells, making 120 trillion connections! If the human brain were a computer, it could perform 38 thousand-trillion operations per second. The world's most powerful supercomputer, BlueGene, can manage only .002% of that.[#13).]

The brain stores so much long-term memory data that by age 40, it would take the Empire State building full of computers to store the same amount of information. [#10).] In a lifetime, the brain’s long-term memory can hold a quadrillion (million-billion) separate bits of data. [#15).] – Science doesn’t really understand where all of this memory is stored or how short and long-term memory are retrieved.

The human brain...process more than a million messages per second. It simultaneously processes an amazing range of information: colors, objects one sees, the ambient temperature, the pressure of one’s feet against the floor, sounds all around one, the dryness of the mouth, even the texture of a keyboard. The brain holds and processes all of one’s emotions, thoughts and memories and keeps track of the body functions like breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands.

The brain also screens and prioritizes data, allowing one to make situation- based decisions and interact with other people and the world. The brain has its own ‘intelligence’ unlike any other organ. This allows humans to reason, produce feelings, dream and plan, plan and take action, and relate to other people. [#9).] – Mod 6 The human brain uses 20% of the body’s entire oxygen, blood and calorie intake, yet, accounts for only about 2% of the adult body mass. [#13).] M5

DNA Code:
“The DNA code informs, programs a cell's behavior. All instruction, all teaching, all training comes with intent. Someone who writes an instruction manual does so with purpose. In every cell of the human body, there is a very detailed instruction code, much like a miniature computer program. The DNA code in each cell is made up of four chemicals that scientists abbreviate as A, T, G, and C. There are three billion of these lettered program/instructions in every human cell that tell people to act in a specific way! These are not just chemicals. They are codes that instruct the development of the entire human body. – Except for God’s creation, how they got into each cell, is unknown. There is no known natural, biological cause that can produce precise programmed information. DNA has been intentionally constructed! [#10).], [#9).] – M 4

The Planets - Intelligent Design (1 of 25 examples)

Size of the Moon:
Size of the Moon: If the moon were slightly bigger, then it’s gravitational effect on the earth would be greatly increased. This would result in massive tides and ferocious winds that would wipe out life on earth. But if the moon were slightly smaller, then the tides and winds would be too small and the earth would overheat. Again life could not exist. And it just so happens that our moon is 100 times larger than the average sized moon in our solar system. This is important because if we had an average sized moon, our evenings would be 20 times darker. Why is the moon so exactly positioned in the sky overhead? It surely did not rush by like a speeding train, then decide to pause, and carefully enter that balanced orbit. If it did at any time, life could not exist. So the question is, “Who placed it there?” [#10).] m2

The evolutionary fairy tale
The ‘evolution fairy tale’ is that, given sufficient time, ‘nothing’, will become swamp gas, that will then spring forth living organisms, that will evolve into sea life, lizards and birds, … and ultimately into apes --- and human beings. This fairy tale has no basis in reality! Time and repetitious promotional rhetoric does not make impossible things possible! Time will never produce life out of nothing or make princes out of frogs!

God’s creation, as revealed in God’s inspired Word Scripture/the Bible is true:
• God created the universe, heavens, earth and mankind
• God created fully formed humans in His own image (the hypothetical ‘missing link’ will always remain ‘missing’ because it doesn’t exist).
• Every species will always reproduce after its own kind
• God’s “Intelligent design” is evident in every facet of His creation.

An always growing number of scientists, scholars, historians, world leaders and people from every walk of life, fully embrace the ‘scientifically supported fact’ of Biblical creation – and reject the fictitious, unproven ‘theory of evolution.’ Human approval, support, agreement or belief are not necessary to prove or support GOD'S TRUTH --- but, since many seem to regard human opinion and theory as equal to God's Word of Truth .... here are a few examples that contradict the false "theory" of evolution.

• "The fossil record simply does not support the evolutionary theory, which claims there once existed a series of successive forms leading to the present-day organism. The theory states that infinitesimal changes within each generation evolve into a new species, but the scientific fact remains. They don't.
Fossils prove the sudden emergence of a new species out of nowhere, complete with characteristics unknown in any other species. The fossil record has no intermediate or transitional forms. This is popularly known as the "missing link" problem, and it exists in all species. The missing link problem is getting worse, not better, with the discovery of more fossils.

The missing links are not being discovered, which proves they never existed. Darwin assumed transitional forms would be discovered in the fossil record over time, but that has not been the case. The fossil record, or lack thereof, is a major embarrassment to evolutionists.” Professor Steve Jay Gould, Harvard Professor

• “The fossil record is a serious rebuke of the Theory of Evolution. New species explode onto the scene out of nowhere. New fossil discoveries continue to prove evolution to be wrong. “Evolution itself is accepted by zoologists not because it has been observed to occur or can be proven by logical coherent evidence, but because the only other alternative, special creation, is clearly incredible. If a world view is created where the possibility of God is ruled out, then He becomes incredible. When people so blind their minds to the fact that they will not conceivably accept the fact of God, then any theory of evolution will do.” Professor D. M. S. Watson, Zoologist, Harvard Professor

• "The theory of evolution suffers from grave defects, which are more and more apparent as time advances. It can no longer square with practical scientific knowledge. The Darwinian theory of descent has not a single fact to confirm it in the realm of nature. It is not the result of scientific research, but purely the product of imagination." Dr. Albert Fleischmann, Zoologist,
University of Erlangen Professor

• “The proof in favor of an intelligent God as the author of creation stood as infinity to one against any other hypothesis of ultimate causation; that it was infinitely more probable that a set of writing implements thrown promiscuously against parchment would produce a composition of Homer’s Iliad, than that creation was originated by any other cause than God. Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace - French scholar mathematician, statististician and astronomer. His work led to advanced processes in geometry, calculus and astronomy.

• “Despite the tremendous increase in geological activity in every corner of the globe, and despite the discovery of many strange and hitherto unknown forms, the infinitude of connecting links has still not been discovered and the fossil record is about as discontinuous as it was when Darwin was writing ‘The Origin.’
Michael Denton, ‘Evolution, A Theory in Crisis’

• “The more I look out into the cosmos, the more I examine the vast expanses of space and the tremendous complexity of these things, the more the universe seems to be one gigantic thought of a pure mathematician. - Sir James Jeans, (1877-1946) British astronomer, physicist, and mathematician

• "Why, if species have descended from other species by fine graduation, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion, instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?" Charles Darwin, “Origin Of The Species”:

• “The question of whether there exists a Creator and Ruler of the Universe has been answered in the affirmative by some of the highest intellects that have ever existed.” Charles Darwin, Descent of Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:23 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Despite the quote mining efforts, science is the quickest way to refute the Bible.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Sorry, this is a big yawn, not to mention untrue in virtually every aspect.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
I'd deal with these individually if I had the time and thought I'd be listened to. In fact you folks can google each one - debunked - and see the explanation.

There is no science in the Bible - not beyond what they could work out for themselves. They believed that the world was a flat circle with a dome over it (1).
There is no really good evidence for a designer. While a creator cannot be disproved or ruled out, there is no valid reason to claim that this could not all have come about naturally.

I can understand that many simply cannot imagine that all this wonder came about without a divine planner. For myself, the idea of postulating a huge invisible human (that didn't itself need to come from anywhere) to design and manufacture all this, shows simply a mentally parochial failure of imagination.

Evolution, so far from being a 'Fairy tale' is one of the best attested and independently verified (DNA, animal Morphology, fossils and geological radiometric dating) scientific theories there are. And I would remind you that the mechanism - evolutionary change through natural selection of suitable mutations - is accepted by Creationism. They only deny (absurdly) that the changes cannot add up over time to such a degree of change that the animal species looks so different that it is assigned a new species -name.

They try to make this work by claiming that there is a genetic barrier between species. It is true that different species cannot interbreed but inter- species interbreeding is NOT how evolution works. Change within species is how it works. They already know this. And they sometimes postulate a genetic barrier preventing such a degree of change within species. There is no such genetic barrier.

Ps. I must mention particularly the crafty lie of quotemining. our pal jghorton probably just picked these up and so does not realize that they are missing context. Darwin particularly predicted transitional forms that were not available in his day. Now many are known but of course are denied by creationists.

Einstein is out of context because his idea of god was a very different one from the god of the Bible or any other religion. He regarded religions and their gods as childish myths.

(1) ok..just this once..the Hebrew for a flat circle is 'Chwg' (there is usage of this root -word in describing a pair of compasses for scribing a flat circle) and that is what Genesis, Psalms and Job etc. is talking about - a flat circle. A sphere - like a ball - would be Hebrew 'dwr' (as found in Isaiah). The 'circle of the earth is a flat one, not a globe. No science: Bronze age cosmological fallacy.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-17-2015 at 10:02 AM..

Old 11-17-2015, 09:45 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I'd deal with these individually if I had the time and thought I'd be listened to. In fact you folks can google each one - debunked - and see the explanation.

There is no science in the Bible - not beyond what they could work out for themselves. They believed that the world was a flat circle with a dome over it.
There is no really good evidence for a designer. While a creator cannot be disproved or ruled out, there is no valid reason to claim that this could not all have come about naturally.

I can understand that many simply cannot imagine that all this wonder came about without a divine planner. For myself, the idea of postulating a huge invisible human (that didn't itself need to come from anywhere) to design and manufacture all this, shows simply a mentally parochial failure of imagination.

Evolution, so far from being a 'Fairy tale' is one of the best attested and independently verified (DNA, animal Morphology, fossils and geological radiometric dating) scientific theories there are. And I would remind you that the mechanism - evolutionary change through natural selection of suitable mutations - is accepted by Creationism. They only deny (absurdly) that the changes cannot add up over time to such a degree of change that the animal species looks so different that it is assigned a new species -name.

They try to make this work by claiming that there is a genetic barrier between species. It is true that different species cannot interbreed but inter- species interbreeding is NOT how evolution works. Change within species is how it works. They already know this. And they sometimes postulate a genetic barrier preventing such a degree of change within species. There is no such genetic barrier.
It appear jg is on a mission to outpaste every secularist on the board. I don't if he thinks anybody is going to actually read all that---I certainly didn't get past a passing glance, but then I already know what on there because it's been thrown out and refuted thousands of times recently by every scientist of respect in the field.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:24 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
... And so the typical responses from the Bible and God-haters continues.

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For who has known the mind o the Lord, that he will Instruct Him? But, we have the mind of Christ. (2 Corinthians 14-15 - NIV)

Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. (1 Corinthians 1:27 NLT)

Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For who has known the mind o the Lord, that he will Instruct Him? But, we have the mind of Christ. (2 Corinthians 14-15 - NIV)

Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. (1 Corinthians 1:27 NLT)
And so your best defense continues to be words from a tired flawed errant worn-out musty two-thousand year old book that has little or no relevance in today's word. This is so sad. I feel like crying. In fact I think I will.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
And so your best defense continues to be words from a tired flawed errant worn-out musty two-thousand year old book that has little or no relevance in today's word. This is so sad. I feel like crying. In fact I think I will.
The Bible is just as relevant today as it was 2000 years ago. Amazing relevant. Just look at how many people out there who could have avoided financial stress in our modern day if they had read these verses:

The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender. Proverbs 22:7

Be not one of those who give pledges, who put up security for debts. If you have nothing with which to pay, why should your bed be taken from under you? Proverbs 22:26-27

Yet in all our modern technology wisdom, people still stupidly go into debt buying things that they can not pay for, putting up security like being a cosigner on loans which can really get you in trouble.

The wisdom in the Bible is vast. You can degrade it all you want with your moldly oldly dusty terminalogy, but that doesn't change the truth one bit.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:02 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

See how much fun it is to spend a little time here again. Nothing much changed.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:14 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Read Revelation 6:13 and then tell me how science supports scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity