Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 03:03 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Now, be fruitful and multiply.
To put that in perspective, when Paul wrote the epistle to Galatians in the first century AD the Earth's total population was somewhere around 170 million people (170,000,000). Today that number is around 7.1 billion (7,100,000,000). Paul might have a different take today. Source: World Population Growth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 03:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
I know we are to follow the Lord's orders, but with the way the economy is going + the headache of raising them and dealing with their erratic habits, kids are very expensive. Of course I don't plan on having kids before marriage (I'm abstinent until marriage, hopefully) but when I get married I don't think I'll still want kids. But with the scripture I mentioned does that mean that 2 people who are married and totally healthy and able to procreate yet don't out of choice are committing a sin?
One of the many dead ends you find yourself in taking the bible literally. The scriptures are our about our union with God, when viewed from this pace they make sense.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:56 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
This world is over populated so people not have too many children.

No one should have children unless they are wanted and can love and care for them properly. One of my sisters has never wanted kids, either did her husband, so they never had any, in spite of my mother trying to encourage them to reproduce, silly woman!

Old 11-21-2015, 02:29 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
One of the many dead ends you find yourself in taking the bible literally. The scriptures are our about our union with God, when viewed from this place they make sense.
The problem is taking the Bible carnally instead of spiritually. Our ancestors, who were terrified of spirits, were not capable of understanding anything spiritually. But the admonishment is in the Bible for when we acquired the ability to do so. Regrettably, religious leaders have NOT understood the admonishment for over 2000+years. So here we are in the 21st century with the majority apostate anti-Christ churches still interpreting carnally as a sign of faith in God. Ironically, they have twisted the admonishment so that they think that their convoluted and confused "precepts and doctrines of men" that go against all reason, are the "spiritually discerned!" They actually think our God wants us to believe absurdities as a sign of our faith in His existence!! If you want to understand Eusebius, Vizio, et al., THIS is the reason for their unreasoning credulity.

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 (King James Version)
13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15But He that is spiritual (Christ) judgeth all things, yet He himself is judged of no man.
16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity