Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 02:03 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
He is muslim . not christian.
Get thee behind me Satan.
Matt. 16:23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
He is muslim . not christian.
He is a hymn-singing Christian with a fine baritone voice.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:53 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The quiet impact of Obama

From December
An article talking about President Obama's deep rooted Christian convictions.

While I have heard all the lies and propaganda about Obama being a Muslim and who knows what else, I have always sensed that he has a spiritual connection.

Dear lkc,
He certainly has a spiritual connection. It is the demons of Rev 16:13-14, to gather the kings of the whole world for the "war of the great day of God". His wedding ring is the ring he wore in college which say Allah is God, and his prophet is Mohammad. He was initially raised a Muslim in Indonesia, a Unitarian in Hawaii, and a disciple of Reverend Wright of Chicago, and his black power theology.

Barry's followers, who mostly live on the coast and in the cities, will be in for a rude awakening when the mountains "were not found" and the "every island fled away". (Rev 16:20)

Old 01-15-2016, 02:56 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The answers of a sensible, sensitive, ethical man.

But it's no surprise that fundies view him through their distorted, spiritually fogged-up lens.
But he didn't round up the homosexuals into concentration camps! Therefore, he cannot be Christian!

Old 01-15-2016, 02:58 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The thing that I find interesting is that he sat in a blatantly racist church under a racist pastor for 20 years. I don't understand how a Christian could do that.

I don't believe he's a muslim--I'm not one of those guys that claims that. But I do believe he is agnostic or atheist. There is nothing about his policies or the things that he has supported that lead me to believe that he is a Christian. He has seemed to do everything he can to shut down or attack Christian's rights.
Fully agree!

Old 01-15-2016, 03:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Fully agree!
Why am I not surprised?

Old 01-15-2016, 03:35 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What's the difference... if in the end, it teaches to hate others based on specific actions?
The difference is that teaching hate assumes one is motivated by hate, while teaching hateful things -- which may very well inspire hateful thoughts, words and actions -- may not be motivated by hate

Old 01-15-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You really ought to learn to express yourself more clearly. [

Again, though....do you realize that some people can hold to beliefs that are much different than your own, have reasonable,thought out positions, and NOT be motivated by hate?
I did not claim you were motivated by hate (see previous response to drob). Much like you do with some bible passages, you read your own preconceptions into my posts.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
I believe hateful things are ignorantly taught in sincerity within the church. We are the God we believe in and the God of fundamentalism no matter how you cut it comes across to be hateful and vengeful unless of cause you have given your heart to following the bible after you have believed in Jesus. O foolish(Paul's words not mine :-) ) fundies who has bewitched you that you should stop following Christ to follow the bible?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe hateful things are ignorantly taught in sincerity within the church. We are the God we believe in and the God of fundamentalism no matter how you cut it comes across to be hateful and vengeful unless of cause you have given your heart to following the bible after you have believed in Jesus. O foolish(Paul's words not mine :-) ) fundies who has bewitched you that you should stop following Christ to follow the bible?
Precisely. They can't see them for what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity