Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Satan Speak the Truth?
No. Satan can't speak the truth 16 47.06%
Yes. Satan can speak the truth 18 52.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 07:09 AM

741 posts, read 445,105 times

Advertisements

Both of these statements were made by the same person. Which one is true and which one is a lie?

Genesis 3:4, "You certainly will not die." (speaking of eating from the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge)

Luke 4:6, "“I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." (speaking of all the kingdoms of the world)

I ask this because someone once said that Satan always lies yet that person believes that a person's spirit lives forever. It seems to me that a person can't say Satan always lies if Genesis 3:4 is true but then say that Satan is lying in Luke 4:6.

It seems to me that Genesis 3:4 is the lie and in Luke 4:6 Satan is speaking the truth. So can Satan say something that is true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 07:49 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Both of these statements were made by the same person. Which one is true and which one is a lie?

Genesis 3:4, "You certainly will not die." (speaking of eating from the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge)

Luke 4:6, "“I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." (speaking of all the kingdoms of the world)

I ask this because someone once said that Satan always lies yet that person believes that a person's spirit lives forever. It seems to me that a person can't say Satan always lies if Genesis 3:4 is true but then say that Satan is lying in Luke 4:6.

It seems to me that Genesis 3:4 is the lie and in Luke 4:6 Satan is speaking the truth. So can Satan say something that is true?
Satan lies because he does not speak the truth which is the word of God. Saying an intentional falsehood is not lying according to the word of God.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:03 AM

33,295 posts, read 26,494,624 times
Quote:

Jesus said that there is no truth in Satan and that when he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature.
John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Concerning Genesis 3:4, that of course was a lie. The moment Adam and the woman disobeyed God's command to not eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they died spiritually with physical death being a later result.

As far as Satan's offer to give Jesus the kingdoms of the world (Matthew 4:8-9; Luke 4:6) if Jesus would worship him, the offer was true enough as far as it went since at the moment Satan is the ruler of the world (John 12:31), but what Satan left unsaid was that Jesus' rule would have only been a temporal rule over unsaved mankind. Satan knew that in God's plan the cross had to come before the crown, and Satan therefore attempted to get Jesus to bypass the cross and take the crown. Without the cross there would have been no salvation for anyone, and no one to enter into the kingdom, and therefore no eternal rule. Satan's offer was a temptation to get Jesus to forsake His mission for which He had been sent by the Father.

Satan is a master at wrapping a lie in the truth, and by so doing, deceiving mankind.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-28-2016 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Removed a comma.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:10 PM

589 posts, read 331,827 times
Quote:

YES, it is possible.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:26 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,978,080 times
Quote:
Adam did Not have the spirit of life until God breathed the breath of life into life-less Adam - Gen. 2:7
At death Adam simply ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Gen. 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Adam had No spirit or spark of life before he received breath from God.
No more breath then meant No more life or spirit of life.
Jesus will destroy Satan - Hebrews 2:14 b
Satan ends up ( Not in life ) but in ' second death ' - Rev. 21:8
So, ' second death ' is a fitting term for: destruction.
ALL the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7 - so that includes sinner Satan.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:33 PM

128 posts, read 83,811 times
Big Satan can help with speak swedish if he wanted.

English Satan can **** his offer.

And he never speak anything.

Big Satan in swedish hell can hinder his offer.

One of these two are real Satan.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:36 PM

128 posts, read 83,811 times
Big Satan have monster voice when he speak.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:35 PM

9,692 posts, read 10,030,708 times
Adam lived for 900 years as he had eaten from the tree of life , but he rebelled and his soul died, but his spirit is still alive ..........................Where as Adam was not born again in the spirit of Christ , so there was no protection for his soul ................... Then Abraham came and had a covenant with God by the shadow of Jesus to come , and the rite that they be circumcised , God would protect this house of Isaac and their souls would be protected ,................. Just then are people who have the rebirth in the blood and water of Christ ,.......... as their souls will be protected ..........., and preserved after they have passed from this world ................ But still all the people of all time spirits are still alive , and if their souls have died then they is a poor state separated from God .................................................. ..................Then there is can satan tell the truth , well satan can tell the truth only to the point of trying to have favor with people so they will believe that he is god , and they can talk with him ....... See people cannot see satan unless Jesus spirit show people through God eyes in the spirit ..... So if Jesus Spirit cannot do anything then people will believe that a talking spirit may be God , as this evil spirit will go undiscerning ......

Old 01-28-2016, 02:51 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times
satan cannot speak...

Old 01-28-2016, 03:02 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,563,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
satan cannot speak...
Oh yes he can. He came up to me (dressed as a hot 50 year old) and said hey baby, want a drink?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity