Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 03:31 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times

Advertisements

Scripture says that the Lord is the source of living water. Jesus said that whoever drinks the water of the son of man will possess eternal life. If the Lord is spirit as Jesus said and the words of the son of man are spirit then the living water is the word of God by definition.

Jesus said that those who believe in Him will have living water flowing from their hearts. So it is by definition that the word of God flows from the believers heart.

This is why one must accept the word of God and use it. This is why one must abide in the word of God.

IE;

Jeremiah 2:13 NRS

" for my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and dug out cisterns for themselves, cracked cisterns that can hold no water."

Jeremiah 17:13 NRS

O hope of Israel! O Lord! All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord

John 7:38 NRS
"and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water.' "

Can I get an Amen ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 04:08 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Jesus said from John 7:38.....``He that believes on me , as the scripture has said , out of his belly will flow rivers of living waters ``..............See this is Christ by the blood of Jesus as people labor in the Spirit praying for others than a flow of living water blessing will come out of the belly of people praying and then this flow will bless people who are in the meetings , and the more people pray this living water blessing than people will be stronger in the spirit and many can endure to the end with more ease , and other blessing of gifts of Holy Spirit can come to bless others , but people need to receive and have a word of God to confirm any gifts for faith ......... Every church is called to have a few people in labor praying in the spirit , and only God can call these people ...........An other name for labor in the spirit is Travailing in the spirit for God`s blessing , which is the living waters .............Then there is the river of God which God will bring His blessing for selflessness beyond the ideas of ministry is from Ezekiel 47:1-12

Old 02-27-2016, 04:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
The source of living water?

Eat, drink and be merry, for out of a gentle heart comes many good things.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
I give all the previous posts an AMEN.....peace.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:04 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Slinging scripture has NEVER provided SALVATION

Slinging scripture has NEVER changed the world

Tell me that your faith is big enough to take the first step into matching your Sundays and your weekdays.

Tell me that you are so committed to the teachings of Jesus that you will risk loving your enemy.

Tell me that the image of Christ is carved out in every face you see and that you could never sit idly by as politicians and big business conspire to step on the least of these.

Tell me that God’s love lives in you.

Tell me that in you, God’s love knows no bounds.

Tell me that in you, God’s love is bigger than any party loyalty.

Tell me that in you, God’s love is more valuable than anything wealth could ever bring you.

Calling christians to act like Christians...not like party PAWNS.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Slinging scripture has NEVER provided SALVATION

Slinging scripture has NEVER changed the world.
It's about to.

"I'm going to make right a measuring line and justice a level."

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."

"The man who loves me keeps my word."

"My brother's, mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it."

"The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it."

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"

"Turn to me all you ends of the earth and be safe for I am God there is no other."

That's the Lord who lives in me and I in Him.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Scripture says that the Lord is the source of living water. Jesus said that whoever drinks the water of the son of man will possess eternal life. If the Lord is spirit as Jesus said and the words of the son of man are spirit then the living water is the word of God by definition.

Jesus said that those who believe in Him will have living water flowing from their hearts. So it is by definition that the word of God flows from the believers heart.

This is why one must accept the word of God and use it. This is why one must abide in the word of God.

IE;

Jeremiah 2:13 NRS

" for my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and dug out cisterns for themselves, cracked cisterns that can hold no water."

Jeremiah 17:13 NRS

O hope of Israel! O Lord! All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord

John 7:38 NRS
"and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water.' "

Can I get an Amen ?
Amen.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Amen.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:23 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default The source of living water!!!

Your symbolic and magical thinking about living water emanates from a complete ignorance of the source of emotional maturity and self-control - the fluid around our brains. It is truly a water of life and is enhanced by every act of self-control over our lifetimes. It is through self-control that we receive the benefits of this water of life within us, NOT through magic or any other process.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your symbolic and magical thinking about living water emanates from a complete ignorance of the source of emotional maturity and self-control - the fluid around our brains. It is truly a water of life and is enhanced by every act of self-control over our lifetimes. It is through self-control that we receive the benefits of this water of life within us, NOT through magic or any other process.
The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity