Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 04:26 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Whose to say that you don't have to wrestle yourself beginning on Passover in order to be given a son, one year later?

Jacob Wrestles with Angel (1556 BCE)
"And Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until the break of dawn. When he saw that he could not prevail against him, he touched the socket of his hip, and the socket of Jacob's hip became dislocated as he wrestled with him. And he (the angel) said, 'Let me go, for dawn is breaking,' but he (Jacob) said, 'I will not let you go unless you have blessed me.' So he said to him, 'What is your name?' and he said, 'Jacob.' And he said, 'Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel; for you have contended with G-d and with men, and have prevailed'" (Genesis 32:25-29). It was the eve of Nissan 15.

On the 3rd day following his circumcision at age 99 ( Nissan 13) three angels visited Abraham: Rephael healed him, and Michael informed Abraham and Sarah that, in exactly one year, a son will be born to them.

Isaac Born (1713 BCE)
"G-d remembered Sarah as He had said; and G-d did to Sarah as He had spoken. And Sarah conceived, and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which G-d had spoken to him... Abraham was a hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born to him. And Sarah declared: 'G-d has made laughter for me, so that all that hear will laugh with me'" (Genesis 21:1-6).

God appeared to Moses on Passover in a burning bush exactly one year before the Exodus.

Daniel was cast into the lion's den on Passover.

Passover begins a solemn walk with God in trying to overcome the ways of the world and the desires of flesh, you search for leaven because you are looking for the sin in your life. Then you are given 7 weeks to count as if it was a countdown to Christmas because the gifts are given to those who count 7 times 7. What if there really is a plan, and it awaits a person to find the plan?

Jesus walked as the perfect example in a 3 and a half year walk. He began as a prophet and he walked an exact amount of days as being that prophet, and then he began walking as a priests for an exact amount of days until the day came for the coronation of the king which comes every single year, and he was ushered into Jerusalem after this walk.

We look at the designed plan that Moses HAD to walk in. He had to stay on the mountain going with out food and water for an exact amount of days and THEN he was ready, but when he came down, Moses says,'' WHAT? NOW I HAVE TO BEGIN AGAIN!'' He has to go right back up for the exact amount of days and then to try it again, and STILL the people failed, and Moses says, '' WHAT? I have to go back and begin again?"'

3 times through a set plan in order to achieve a goal.

What if your life is waiting on you to begin on Passover, to count the omer to Shavuot and to come up to the day no man knows? To make it from the spring to the fall, and then to receive the promise of the fall?

Revelation 1

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.

Revelation is about what must soon take place in your own walk when God has given you power in the water, and in the blood..

Just my opinions.

What if there really is a planned walk by walking in the feasts?

What if you tried it one year and it changes your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 03:47 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Here we do not celebrate any of the Jewish feast except a variation of the Passover many know as Easter , or the resurrection of Jesus day ...................., still Christians many not celebrate the particular day but , could still give God honor by worshiping God with His precepts in spirit and in in truth ,............................ like the feat Yon Kippur which would the most strange feast for Christians to celebrates as it expects redemption only once a year , where Christians would pray throughout the year in repentance and be redeemed of sin night and day all year as they live in a sin full earth ................................... Then the other feast Christians give honor by worshiping in spirit and in truth like : .......................feast of unleavened bread which is to recognize the sin of pride which is the leaven removed would give God honor .........................:feast of first fruits and Pentecost many be strange for Christians as God calls for burn offering..................... but part of the feast of Pentecost waves bread made of leaven before the Lord , which would be similar to calling sinners to be converted as leaven is sin , and at the day of Pentecost Father God gave His spirit for Jesus to converts sinners to God .......still Christans have their own covenant meal feast were they remember Jesus in a meal of communion

Old 12-29-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Here we do not celebrate any of the Jewish feast except a variation of the Passover many know as Easter , or the resurrection of Jesus day ...................., still Christians many not celebrate the particular day but , could still give God honor by worshiping God with His precepts in spirit and in in truth ,............................ like the feat Yon Kippur which would the most strange feast for Christians to celebrates as it expects redemption only once a year , where Christians would pray throughout the year in repentance and be redeemed of sin night and day all year as they live in a sin full earth ................................... Then the other feast Christians give honor by worshiping in spirit and in truth like : .......................feast of unleavened bread which is to recognize the sin of pride which is the leaven removed would give God honor .........................:feast of first fruits and Pentecost many be strange for Christians as God calls for burn offering..................... but part of the feast of Pentecost waves bread made of leaven before the Lord , which would be similar to calling sinners to be converted as leaven is sin , and at the day of Pentecost Father God gave His spirit for Jesus to converts sinners to God .......still Christans have their own covenant meal feast were they remember Jesus in a meal of communion
The first Christianity were converts to Judaism, they all kept the feasts. They didn't reject the feasts of Jesus till 100 years after Jesus died. Jesus and the disciples didn't come teaching the religion of Babylon, they came teaching the religion of Jerusalem. They kept all the feasts in truth and all the feasts were made for man, not just Jews.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal flavius View Post
whose to say that you don't have to wrestle yourself beginning on passover in order to be given a son, one year later?

jacob wrestles with angel (1556 bce)
"and jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until the break of dawn. When he saw that he could not prevail against him, he touched the socket of his hip, and the socket of jacob's hip became dislocated as he wrestled with him. And he (the angel) said, 'let me go, for dawn is breaking,' but he (jacob) said, 'i will not let you go unless you have blessed me.' so he said to him, 'what is your name?' and he said, 'jacob.' and he said, 'your name shall be called no more jacob, but israel; for you have contended with g-d and with men, and have prevailed'" (genesis 32:25-29). It was the eve of nissan 15.

On the 3rd day following his circumcision at age 99 ( nissan 13) three angels visited abraham: Rephael healed him, and michael informed abraham and sarah that, in exactly one year, a son will be born to them.

isaac born (1713 bce)
"g-d remembered sarah as he had said; and g-d did to sarah as he had spoken. And sarah conceived, and bore abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which g-d had spoken to him... Abraham was a hundred years old, when his son isaac was born to him. And sarah declared: 'g-d has made laughter for me, so that all that hear will laugh with me'" (genesis 21:1-6).

God appeared to moses on passover in a burning bush exactly one year before the exodus.

Daniel was cast into the lion's den on passover.

Passover begins a solemn walk with god in trying to overcome the ways of the world and the desires of flesh, you search for leaven because you are looking for the sin in your life. Then you are given 7 weeks to count as if it was a countdown to christmas because the gifts are given to those who count 7 times 7. What if there really is a plan, and it awaits a person to find the plan?

Jesus walked as the perfect example in a 3 and a half year walk. He began as a prophet and he walked an exact amount of days as being that prophet, and then he began walking as a priests for an exact amount of days until the day came for the coronation of the king which comes every single year, and he was ushered into jerusalem after this walk.

We look at the designed plan that moses had to walk in. He had to stay on the mountain going with out food and water for an exact amount of days and then he was ready, but when he came down, moses says,'' what? Now i have to begin again!'' he has to go right back up for the exact amount of days and then to try it again, and still the people failed, and moses says, '' what? I have to go back and begin again?"'

3 times through a set plan in order to achieve a goal.

What if your life is waiting on you to begin on passover, to count the omer to shavuot and to come up to the day no man knows? To make it from the spring to the fall, and then to receive the promise of the fall?

revelation 1

1the revelation of jesus christ, which god gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant john.

revelation is about what must soon take place in your own walk when god has given you power in the water, and in the blood..

just my opinions.

what if there really is a planned walk by walking in the feasts?

What if you tried it one year and it changes your life?

AMEN, we have to wrestle until the Daystar appears, and then the thigh (the place where the sword hangs/covenant) is struck and we are lame to the walk in the flesh. Peace

Old 03-02-2016, 02:41 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Circumcision, and rules and ordinances became obsolete with Jesus Christ As Apostle Paul taught this revelation from Jesus Christ , and no way from Babylon hundred years after the cross ,................. like in Colossians 2;14.....Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us , which was contrary to us , and took of the way , nailing it to his cross`` .............Colossians 2;16...``let no man therefore judge you in meat or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon , or of the Sabbath days , the seven yearly Sabbaths ......Colossians 2:17 ..``For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come ..And Christ himself is that reality ``...................See early Gentile Christians never celebrated Jewish feast through the covenant of Christian with God , as the feast of Israel represent Lord Jesus Christ , and Christians got the real deal instead of the shadow of Jesus to come

Old 03-02-2016, 03:41 PM

Did you catch the full import of verse 17 you quoted? Paul, a first century writer and a Jew, said all those things in verse 16, were shadows of THINGS TO COME. That means, THEY HADN'T COME YET.

Col. 2:17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

And yes, early "Christians" DID celebrate Jewish feasts, the apostles you claim are "Christians" did.

Look here at Paul....

Acts 24:11Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I WENT UP TO JERUSALEM FOR TO WORSHIP. 12And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city: 13Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. 14But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, SO WORSHIP I THE GOD OF MY FATHERS, BELIEVING ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAW and the prophets: 5And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. 16And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. 17Now after many years I came to BRING ALMS TO MY NATION, AND OFFERINGS. 18Whereupon certain Jews from Asia FOUND ME PURIFIED IN THE TEMPLE, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.

Just in case you don't know exactly what he said here, look at a few other translations of verse 18....

Holman Christian Standard Bible
and while I was doing this, some Jews from Asia found me RITUALLY PURIFIED in the temple, without a crowd and without any uproar.

International Standard Version
They found me in the Temple doing these things just as I HAD COMPLETED THE PURIFICATION CEREMONY. No crowd or noisy mob was present.

NET Bible
which I was doing when they found me in the temple, RITUALLY PURIFIED, without a crowd or a disturbance.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And these men found me in The Temple when I had been PURIFIED, not with the crowds, neither with a tumult.”

Paul was, as every other male Jew, going to Jerusalem to present himself and make offerings on one of the 3 main feasts which were a commandment FOREVER, according to Hashem. He did it literally because the temple was still standing, but taught about what was going to happen in advance by talking about the SAME THINGS spiritually and how we walk them out, before the temple was destroyed. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-02-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 03-02-2016, 04:04 PM

Acts 16 shows Paul taking Timothy to be circumcised, and of course, Timothy HAD TO BE CIRCUMCISED.

Why did Paul have Timothy Circumcised?

Old 03-02-2016, 04:14 PM

It is one thing for a boy to be circumcised at 8 days old, it is quite something else for a grown man to do it.

Why?

Is Paul two faced where he says one thing and does another? No, people were teaching that one must be circumcised to be saved and this is what Paul taught against. Did Paul have Timothy Circumcised to save his soul?

Certainly not, but circumcised he was.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-02-2016 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-02-2016, 04:26 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
Keep in mind that although the LORDS feasts were celebrated by Hebrews and many gentiles who recognized there place in their lives Constantine somewhere within 312-325 ad mandated that ALL Hebrew practices be terminated upon pain of death!! Constantine in spite of opening opportunity for Christianity remained a pagan and authored Sun Day ( worship of the sun god) .

Old 03-02-2016, 04:55 PM

This is true, but everything was shipwrecked way before 312. Constantine just put the finishing touches on it and prepared the way for the RCC. Still none of it caught Hashem by surprise. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity