Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 PM

23 posts, read 36,579 times

Advertisements

One of the classic religious/spiritual topic's with a twist. I don't want this to be a debate, but rather an open arena for those who believe in angel's and what an angel is to them. Maybe a description or an experience you had in the presence of one.

I believe an angel is a human being who transcends a power greater than themself, which to me is the spirit of love & connectivity OR what I choose to call God. one Love, One Life One chance to live with each other for each other until the end of time.

I am not sure what else you would or could call a person who is truly blessed or has been saved from becoming one of the walking dead, but I like angels. God is everything or nothing ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 12:39 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinhighrN13 View Post
Do you believe in angel's and if so, what is an angel to you?
No.
Angels are mythological beings like unicorns and fairies.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:54 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Yes I do believe in them, even though today, angels no longer appear visibly to humans.
But God’s powerful angels still protect his people, especially from anything spiritually harmful. There are millions of angels in heaven. All of them are “mighty in power, carrying out his word.” These spirit sons of God have personality, divine qualities, and free will. They are superbly organized and have high positions in God’s arrangement, the archangel being Michael (Jesus’ heavenly name). This “firstborn of all creation” is “the Word,” or Spokesman, of God and was used by God in making all other things.

Under the archangel are the seraphs, who declare God’s holiness and help to keep his people clean spiritually. There are also the cherubs, who serve as upholders of his majesty. Other angels, or messengers, have various duties in carrying out God’s will.—Heb 12:22,23.

All the angels rejoiced at the ‘founding of the earth’ and shared with delight in their assigned work as this unique jewel in space developed into mankind’s home. God created man “a little lower than angels” but in His “image,” thus enabling humans to reflect the Creator’s lofty qualities. (Heb. 2:7; Gen. 1:26) By exercising the gift of free will properly, Adam and Eve and we, their descendants, could have enjoyed life in a paradise home on earth, not heaven, as part of God’s universal family of intelligent creatures.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,850 times
Yes.

They are eternal spirit beings and are sexless. They do not procreate. Whenever they did appear in the Bible, they always took the form of a male. I don't know why this is, but it doesn't matter.

A third of the angels fell with Satan and are called demons. Before becoming a believer, I was in contact with these demons and they are no joke. They are actively deceiving billions of people. Those who deny their existence are presently giving into their lies.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 AM

522 posts, read 622,785 times
Yes. I say the guardian angel prayer pretty much every night. Angels are servants of God.

The Catholic guardian angel prayer is as followed.

Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this night be at my side to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
That was Catholic. An Eastern Orthodox one I find is

O angel of God, my holy guardian, given to me from heaven, enlighten me this day, and save me from all evil. Instruct me in doing good deeds, and set me on the path of salvation. Amen.

http://www.stmarysuoc.org/prayer_6.html

From a non-specific cultural view angels are significant to several religions. The Archangel Gabriel, specifically, plays a noteworthy role in the Gospel of Luke and the Qur'an. Angels also occur in Judaism, Zoroastrianism, and apparently Sikhism.

Last edited by TAJR; 02-17-2013 at 05:37 AM..

Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinhighrN13 View Post
One of the classic religious/spiritual topic's with a twist. I don't want this to be a debate, but rather an open arena for those who believe in angel's and what an angel is to them. Maybe a description or an experience you had in the presence of one.

I believe an angel is a human being who transcends a power greater than themself, which to me is the spirit of love & connectivity OR what I choose to call God. one Love, One Life One chance to live with each other for each other until the end of time.

I am not sure what else you would or could call a person who is truly blessed or has been saved from becoming one of the walking dead, but I like angels. God is everything or nothing ~
An angel is a messenger created by God. It is not a human. They deliver messages, and do special things. There was an angel guarding the entrance to the garden of Eden after Adam and Eve were expelled. They are also used in Revelation to carry out judgment on the Earth.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Absolutely!

To me, angels come in all forms be they human or spirit. They lift the souls of the downhearted, give hugs to those who are saddened, kiss away the tears of the heartbroken and love without condition. They are humans and former humans who have transcended the material world and live by the will of God without religion or dogmas. They live fully for Love and are Love.

There are many today that walk the earth and billions more in spirit yet too many hearts are heardened by religion and the blind cannot see what God has given us in the way of help to rise about the negatives and briing our world into Light and Life. To be an angel, one must be willing to love the same as God loves. Unconditionally.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
They are eternal spirit beings and are sexless.
Where are we told that they are sexless?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM

476 posts, read 466,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No.
Angels are mythological beings like unicorns and fairies.
That's just your opinion.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
I believe in angels as I've seen mine. Many years ago when I was in great peril I called out for divine intervention and there out of the mist came a beautiful woman with giant wings who reached out and pulled me from my predicatament. While on all fours and struggling for breath, I leaped out and grabbed her by her ankles. She whacked me over the head with a baton-like thing and floated up to just out of my reach. She waited until I was able to stand on my own and then flapped away after first giving me a dirty look. I catch glimpses of her every now and again but fortunately haven't been in too big of trouble since. I just hope if I need her again she won't still hold a grudge over that earlier grabbing incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality