U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-14-2016, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Reputation: 9950

Advertisements

This is so incredible! More than 2,000 people submitted digital files of themselves singing the chorus from Handel's "Messiah." Their voices are blended with the actual Tabernacle Choir and video boxes with their faces are seen surrounding the choir in the video.

This is a brand new virtual recording of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and people throughout the world who have always dreamed of singing this masterpiece with the Choir. (The fun begins 31 seconds into the recording.)

Enjoy!

Last edited by Katzpur; 03-14-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2016, 07:10 PM
 
32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Reputation: 32238
WOW! Thank you so much for sharing that, Katzpur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2016, 07:29 PM
 
6,814 posts, read 3,132,486 times
Reputation: 2373
My Kingdom for a Rep, or seven. That was awesome.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2016, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Eastern UP of Michigan
1,202 posts, read 636,336 times
Reputation: 1271
Many years ago, while in a music camp far far away(Interlochen 1969/70) I experienced the choir. I still can recall the majesty of its voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2016, 10:57 PM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
That was amazing. It had to have taken some doing to put all that together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2016, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Reputation: 9950
I'm genuinely surprised that so few people have found this video to be worthwhile. Why was that? Did you guys even watch it from beginning to end?

Read what Huffpost Religion had to say about the making of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2016, 12:48 PM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm genuinely surprised that so few people have found this video to be worthwhile. Why was that? Did you guys even watch it from beginning to end?

Read what Huffpost Religion had to say about the making of it.
Twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2016, 01:05 PM
 
1,286 posts, read 2,166,932 times
Reputation: 670
Way cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2017, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Constitutional USA, zn.8A
685 posts, read 265,661 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
This is so incredible! More than 2,000 people submitted digital files of themselves singing the chorus from Handel's "Messiah." Their voices are blended with the actual Tabernacle Choir and video boxes with their faces are seen surrounding the choir in the video.

This is a brand new virtual recording of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and people throughout the world who have always dreamed of singing this masterpiece with the Choir. (The fun begins 31 seconds into the recording.)

Enjoy!
When my good friend recommended this, did not understand what precisely to do, so we thought
I just sing... with the site itself. Computers frustrate me endlessly.
But
Yes, I have sung the entire score in a 60+ voice choir with orchestra, for years. My fav. solos are: "And the angel said unto them fear Not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great JOY, which shall be unto all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
etc. etc.
Truth be told, I sing parts of the Messiah just about anytime, be it on ice, or gardening inside & out, & with friends.
It is such a magnificent work. Our MESSIAH just moves one to tears, tears of honest joy, such deep, moving, eternal JOY...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Reputation: 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
When my good friend recommended this, did not understand what precisely to do, so we thought
I just sing... with the site itself. Computers frustrate me endlessly.
But
Yes, I have sung the entire score in a 60+ voice choir with orchestra, for years. My fav. solos are: "And the angel said unto them fear Not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great JOY, which shall be unto all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
etc. etc.
Truth be told, I sing parts of the Messiah just about anytime, be it on ice, or gardening inside & out, & with friends.
It is such a magnificent work. Our MESSIAH just moves one to tears, tears of honest joy, such deep, moving, eternal JOY...
I had forgotten all about this thread. I'm glad somebody new discovered it. I could watch that recording over and over and over again. Well, actually, I have. And I just did. Unfortunately I don't even try to sing along. My voice would ruin the entire thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top