Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 09:47 PM

23 posts, read 20,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
So you are willing to commit suicide over this?
I have thought about it, and ultimately have never attempted it because I do fear God. I do believe that Satan and Hell exist, and I have no desire to become acquainted with either!

It is very tough to keep going certian days, but I ultimately trudge on in my quiet desperation.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramidcenter2 View Post
I have thought about it, and ultimately have never attempted it because I do fear God. I do believe that Satan and Hell exist, and I have no desire to become acquainted with either!

It is very tough to keep going certian days, but I ultimately trudge on in my quiet desperation.
Sorry you are suffering...I highly encourage you to see a doctor.

Perhaps change religions to one that does not have you fearing god. There is nothing spiritual or enlightening about fearing a god. This might be the source of your suffering. I know it would be for me.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-22-2016 at 09:58 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry you are suffering...I highly encourage you to see a doctor.

Perhaps change religions to a one that does not have you fearing god.
Thanks for your kind words.

I fear God as in; RESPECT HIM. I have a fear/respect of God, as one should have for their parents, teachers, or pastor. Out of fear/respect of our Lord I take the sixth commandment; "Thou shall not kill" seriously. That is why I have not already ended my life.

The thought of other couples being intimate w/one another fills me first with anger, and later sadness....

I ultimately do not feel that God considers any one of his Children better than the other. This is why I do believe that, someone should step up and work to put a stop to this intimacy since NOT ALL (namely myself) have experienced the euphoria of being romantically intimate with another. Why should only those blessed with attractive physical features experince the God given blessing of Sex?? Does God love some more than others?

These feelings are why I am trying to remove/reduce my libido-the anger and frustration I have over this is only growing!

Last edited by pyramidcenter2; 03-22-2016 at 10:09 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 10:25 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Thanks for your kind words.

I fear God as in; RESPECT HIM. I have a fear/respect of God, as one should have for their parents, teachers, or pastor. Out of fear/respect of our Lord I take the sixth commandment; "Thou shall not kill" seriously. That is why I have not already ended my life.
Sorry but fear is not the same as respect. Fear will destroy you and cause your entire immune system to weaken.

Your religion has indoctrinated you with some very unhealthy views. I don't feel fear when I respect others.

I also disagree with the words "you should". I only respect those who are respectable. You don't just bow down and blindly respect something just because you are told to. That's not healthy at all.
Quote:
The thought of other couples being intimate w/one another fills me first with anger, and later sadness....
This is not normal at all. I highly urge you to see a Psychiatrist who is also holds a medical degree.
Quote:
I ultimately do not feel that God considers any one of his Children better than the other. This is why I do believe that, someone should step up and work to put a stop to this intimacy since NOT ALL (namely myself) have experienced the euphoria of being romantically intimate with another.
Now you are scaring me. Do you hear yourself? This is so selfish and just abnormal to the core. This shines a light on why girls are not attracted to you. I am certain that they sense something is not right.
Quote:
Why should only those blessed with attractive physical features experience the God given blessing of Sex?? Does God love some more than others?
Have you forgot that your phenotype is determined by your genotype and has nothing to do with god? Also you seem to think that only pretty people get to experience intimacy. Take a good look around...you will see plenty of unattractive folks with partners. It is not all based on looks. Also being pretty can be a curse...you constantly have guys hitting on you if your a pretty girl. It is not enjoyable that every time you step outside you are being hit on.
Quote:
These feelings are why I am trying to remove/reduce my libido-the anger and frustration I have over this is only growing!
You need to see a Psychiatrist ASAP. They can help you tremendously.

Also I as I suggested before ditch that religion and find a better path that will help you to develop yourself spiritually. Perhaps learn how to meditate. There are some really good Eastern Philosophy books that will help you find inner peace and compassion.

Do something...you have to work on yourself. It's not going to just fix itself no matter how much you pray.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default From a Christian point of view would seeking to reduce my libido be disobeying God?

::Sigh:: What you aren't saying comes through loud and clear. You are complaining about something you are guilty of yourself. You are seeking "attractive" women and are discouraged that they are seeking "attractive" men and NOT you because you are "unattractive" but have a good personality. What is wrong with this picture??? Where do the "unattractive" women who have a good personality fit into your situation? Trust me, personality lasts longer than physical attractiveness.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
This is not normal at all. I highly urge you to see a Psychiatrist who is also holds a medical degree.
. .
Contray to what you may believe this feeling is VERY normal to one who has never experinced romantic intimacy or even CASUAL INTEREST FROM ANYONE! Remember I am not the only one who was born with unfourtunate physical features, many others have felt and do feel the way I do...

Try to imagine if you had never had even one guy show interest in you (I assume you are a woman based on your profile)- How would that feel!!?? Imagine being at the height of your libido- I don't think it gets much worse than age 22 libido wise!!!

BTW- Thanks for the articles. It make even more sense why I feel this way from a physical standpoint!

Old 03-22-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: What you aren't saying comes through loud and clear. You are complaining about something you are guilty of yourself. You are seeking "attractive" women and are discouraged that they are seeking "attractive" men and NOT you because you are "unattractive" but have a good personality. What is wrong with this picture??? Where do the "unattractive" women who have a good personality fit into your situation? Trust me, personality lasts longer than physical attractiveness.
I never said I was seeking "attractive woman". I stated that I would love to be in a romantic relationship where mutual attraction existed. I am not hard to please- I find MANY women attractive personality wise and physically.

A woman DOES NOT have to be "hot" to be appealing to me. My problem is the fact that I cannot find any women who can stomach my appearance enough to show even casual interest! Average and below average women are all turned off by me- This is where my feelings of anger and frustration stem from!!!

Last edited by pyramidcenter2; 03-22-2016 at 10:50 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 11:01 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
<snip>
Now you are scaring me. Do you hear yourself? This is so selfish and just abnormal to the core. This shines a light on why girls are not attracted to you. I am certain that they sense something is not right.
<snip>
You need to see a Psychiatrist ASAP. They can help you tremendously.
I similarly suspect the problem is not physical attractiveness, too, Matadora. If that is his profile picture, there is no apparent abnormality in sight. Excellent suggestion. This seems to be a disturbed individual reacting badly to religious indoctrination and raging hormones.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This seems to be a disturbed individual reacting badly to religious indoctrination and raging hormones.
My religion has done nothing but prevented me from taking my own life-it has guided me through these dark times, and given me someting to hope for.

I concur with you where raging hormones are concerned- THIS is exactly why I wish to seek a prescription antidepressant which would also have the wonderful side-effect of reducing my libido. However my Mother claims that to seak this relief, would be for me to; "sell my soul"!!! I disagreed with her but posted here, to see what other Christains thought about this!

Old 03-22-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:

Do something...you have to work on yourself. It's not going to just fix itself no matter how much you pray.
Believe me, I have tried. For starters I eliminated ALL fried foods from my diet (I used to love fast food, but haven't touched it for almost three years now!)- This greatly improved by acne problems which improved my overall physical appearance only slightly in the perpetually picky eyes of women all around me!!

Now instead of being outright replusive to women, I am considered halfway presentable looking enough to finally walk the same streets and breathe the same air as them without getting continual looks of horror and disgust. Perhaps they should offer "Homely Persons ONLY Restroom and water fountains" at the shopping centers,resturants, and sports arenas?? I'm sure this would make the women more comfortable who find me (and other poorly looking guys) to be such a turn off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity