Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
I'm guessing that Prince was one of the garden variety JWs; viz: not one of the elite 144,000 spirit-born Witnesses.

It's both tragic and ironic that the Watch Tower Society's garden variety missionaries go worldwide advertising a kingdom that they themselves will not be allowed to enter. Here's why.

At John 3:3-12, Christ and a Jewish rabbi named Nicodemus discussed what Christ labeled "earthly things". The primary earthly thing discussed was the kingdom of God. The other earthly thing discussed was the spirit-birth requirement to enter it. In other words: the kingdom of God on earth, and the spirit-birth requirement to enter it, are joined at the hip.

Garden variety Watch Tower Society missionaries (a.k.a. the earthly class) are not spirit-born now, nor do they ever expect to be-- not in this life, nor in the next; yet they hope to enter the kingdom of God on earth. However, seeing as how the spirit-birth requirement to enter it is a must rather than an option; they will not succeed.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You don't know what has happened to anyone, especially seeing how you don't know what the kingdom of heaven is. Do you know that the temple shadows the kingdom and there are 3 sections?

But speaking of somebody after death is certainly not appropriate and people were warned from doing such a thing even of Satan, how much worse is it with a person who loves God?

Whatever Prince was, he made reading and studying the bible a cool thing and he has effected millions of people with his spirit, I miss him as if he were a part of my own family and people are discussing his fate as if such a thing could be known, or if such a thing should be done.

It shouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 05:49 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
But speaking of somebody after death is certainly not appropriate and people were warned from doing such a thing even of Satan, how much worse is it with a person who loves God? ...people are discussing his fate as if such a thing could be known, or if such a thing should be done.
Some people just have no class. It's as simple as that.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:48 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Anyone remember Oskar Schindler ala Schindler's List?

"[Oskar Schindler] was named Righteous Among the Nations (and therefore Ger toshav) by the Israeli government in 1963. He died on 9 October 1974 in Hildesheim, Germany, and was buried in Jerusalem on Mount Zion, the only member of the Nazi Party to be honoured in this way."

So a non-Jew was honored by the Jews posthumously. Where's the outrage? Where's all the people saying, "How dare those self-righteous arrogant Jews presume to honor somebody who didn't believe in their religion?!?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Many Jews might be quite bothered by that.
To be perfectly honest, that's exactly the point. Any idiot gets it. The Jews and the nation of Israel are honoring Schindler posthumously. Declaring him Ger Toshav is the best they can do to reverence, respect and honor any non-Jewish person. I don't have a problem with it. You probably don't either. The Jews posthumously declared Oskar Schindler as one of their own and offered their best possible Jewish assurance of salvation in the next life.

Then you have Mormonism doing more or less the same thing and people are just hellbent on getting offended by it. Why would anyone be offended? "How dare you baptize me and try to save my soul!!" How on earth does that make any sense? More importantly, how is it that everyone just gets it when the Jews do essentially the same thing, but they whine and complain about Mormonism doing it?

Quote:
I honestly don't care what rituals someone does for me while I'm dead or alive. You want to "baptize" me? Knock yourself out. The things the Apostle Paul said about sacrifices to idols comes to mind when I consider that.
LOL! Yeah I think I can 100% promise to not baptize you Vizio. If a member of the Mormon church does it, then I can't do much to stop them.

But your apparent nonchalance seems false since you seem to want to equate baptism "In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit" to sacrifices to idols. That's a very strange correlation. Do you find baptism that offensive? Do you think God is offended by it? Or is your contempt for baptism reserved only for LDS baptism? The fact that you felt the need to add that little jab there makes it clear to me that the notion of proxy baptism by the LDS really does bother you on some level. Would you likewise take offense if the Jews declared you Ger Toshav?

Old 05-01-2016, 01:29 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,590 times
Prince's spirit left his body @ the time he died in the elevator. His spirit is hovering around and would be ready for a new assignment as soon as his mortal body is laid to rest.

He can appear to anyone in his spirit state as he is omnipresent as a spirit.

When he comes back to the earth (born) in a new incarnation, he will suffer based on the sins he committed in his previous advent.

That is why Paul advised his followers not to worry about deceased family members as they will also incarnate with Christ. 1The 4:13-18

Our Lord Jesus Christ has incarnated physically with a new name, so will he cause believers to incarnate physically as well. When they incarnate, you will not know that he was Prince as he will be given a new name.

Matter of fact, there is no death. The man went on spiritual transfer. Until God wipes out the angel of death, we cannot easily know who we were in our former existence.

Clear?

Old 05-01-2016, 08:40 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
-
Prince started out in life as a Seventh Day Adventist. Sometime around 2001 he joined the Jehovah's Witnesses; which is the missionary arm of the Watchtower Society.

According to the Society's theology, human life is entirely physical. In other words; people experience no conscious existence beyond the demise of their bodies; and if there is no conscious existence beyond the demise of one's body, then of course there is no hell.

But supposing the Society is mistaken? If so, then that poor man crossed over the river Styx totally unprepared to run headlong into his worst nightmare.

Up here on the surface, Prince was a celebrity. But down there, if he's down there, Prince is just another skull among the myriads of forgotten souls who no longer matter.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Salvation is relational. It is based upon a relationship with Jesus Christ - nothing less and nothing more.

No one can bribe God.

Ticketmaster does not sell admission to heaven. Mastercard cannot process charges to the Bank of Heaven. No celebrity ever born on earth ever got into heaven based upon fame and fortune.

Those who enter heaven's gates are admitted because they have a relationship with Jesus Christ - because they've been born again. Unless a man is born again he cannot enter heaven.

I don't know where Prince is at this moment. Judgment of his time on the earth is above my pay grade.

But I do know that unless the reader is born again, he or she will never hope to see anything or anyone after death visits. Death comes and darkness falls. There is no knowing or feeling or hearing or seeing in the grave. Those that die apart from Christ know nothing any more. For them, death is the end of the story.

For those who know Jesus, death is the beginning.....

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 05-01-2016, 10:11 AM

1,879 posts, read 2,028,006 times
Well obviously, he wouldn't let the elevator bring him down.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:35 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
-
Prince started out in life as a Seventh Day Adventist. Sometime around 2001 he joined the Jehovah's Witnesses; which is the missionary arm of the Watchtower Society.
According to the Society's theology, human life is entirely physical. In other words; people experience no conscious existence beyond the demise of their bodies; and if there is no conscious existence beyond the demise of one's body, then of course there is no hell.
But supposing the Society is mistaken? If so, then that poor man crossed over the river Styx totally unprepared to run headlong into his worst nightmare.
Up here on the surface, Prince was a celebrity. But down there, if he's down there, Prince is just another skull among the myriads of forgotten souls who no longer matter.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Of course there is hell. Didn't the day Jesus died, didn't the dead Jesus go to hell ? ______ - Acts 2:27
Jesus did Not go to a 'religious-myth hell ' of permanent burning but went to the Bible's temporary hell ( grave )
God resurrected the dead Jesus out of biblical hell ( grave ) - Acts 13:30,37
So, if hell was a permanent place Jesus would still be in hell.
Jesus taught ' sleep in death ' - John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach unconscious ' sleep in death '
- References: Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, the 'Bible's hell ' is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead until resurrected.
Just as we are Not aware of the passing of time while asleep, that is true of the dead.

The Bible teaches Jesus will govern over Earth for a thousand years.
Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
For the majority of mankind there will be a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth.
Jesus resurrected No one to heaven. All of Jesus' resurrections brought people back to healthy physical earthly life.
Jesus was giving us a preview, or coming attraction, of what Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale during his millennium-long day of governing over earth when 'enemy death 'will be No more on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
So, we can look forward to ' Resurrection Day ' ( 1,000-year day ) when Prince will once again live on Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth in perfect health as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Burger King in Kalamazoo Michigan with Elvis and Jim Morrison...

Old 05-01-2016, 06:52 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Prince's spirit left his body @ the time he died in the elevator. His spirit is hovering around and would be ready for a new assignment as soon as his mortal body is laid to rest.
He can appear to anyone in his spirit state as he is omnipresent as a spirit.
When he comes back to the earth (born) in a new incarnation, he will suffer based on the sins he committed in his previous advent.
That is why Paul advised his followers not to worry about deceased family members as they will also incarnate with Christ. 1The 4:13-18
Our Lord Jesus Christ has incarnated physically with a new name, so will he cause believers to incarnate physically as well. When they incarnate, you will not know that he was Prince as he will be given a new name.
Matter of fact, there is no death. The man went on spiritual transfer. Until God wipes out the angel of death, we cannot easily know who we were in our former existence.
Clear?
Since Romans 6:7 says the dead are freed or acquitted from sins, then how can Prince suffer what he previously committed ?
Romans 6:7 is Not talking about a person being innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges do Not stick. So, a person will be judged on what they do ' after ' they are resurrected.

1st Thess. 4:13-18 is in connection to Jesus' spiritual ' brothers ' who are called to heaven to rule with Christ for a thousand years over Earth - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10. They are the saints or holy ones of Daniel 7:18. - Luke 22:28-30
The majority of mankind ( including King David - Acts 2:34 ) will have a perfectly healthy physical resurrection on Earth.
That resurrection will take place during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when 'enemy death ' will be No more - 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 21:4-5

There is nothing in Genesis 3:19 saying Adam had a separate spirit, but all of Adam returned to the dust of the ground.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
As a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but ' returns ' to the owner, one's spirit ' returns ' to God in that God will give us back our life's spirit when we are resurrected from death's deep sleep - Psalms 115:17; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5

Old 05-01-2016, 07:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Burger King in Kalamazoo Michigan with Elvis and Jim Morrison...
Elvis was spotted at the Hilton in Kalamazoo in 1980. (This despite the fact the coroner in Memphis had declared him dead three years earlier.) I know this because I was there about three days later and, having heard the rumors he was in town, kept my eyes open in hopes he'd drop by the piano bar (which was a pretty big deal in Kalamazoo in 1980) and sing a few of his hits. A couple of days later an F3 tornado hit Kalamazoo and damaged part of the Hilton.

Coincidence? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity