Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:04 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

I'm not tolerant at all of sin. I try to avoid it at all costs. But I've got this problem. You see, I have this beam in my eye and it's making it really hard to help get those motes out of everybody else's. Most of the time, I feel more comfortable just leaving the judging to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 08:13 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
All [willful] sin is damnable.

Romans 6
[20] For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
[21] What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Amen, scgraham, sin is sin regardless ! Ppl will reap what they sow !

And no I haven't seen a trend of .... "Are conservative Christians growing more tolerant of sins other than homosexuality?" nor condemning homosexuality in my part of the world . Matter of fact I rarely or never hear Christians discussing the LGBT and their problems . LGBT community is not that important on my or ppl I know list of things to discuss . I [we] have a lot of better things to discuss then the subject at hand !

Yet, when I come here all I see and can read is thread after thread of those such as the OP making, well, what we use to call a troublemaker gossiping lies about the community of Christians and to see others following along with them and then getting a kick out of starting threads too create a dissention in trying their hardest to get ppl all worked up and fighting against one another .
Now to me that is sad when ppl who love drama can't live without it and need to start something to get their fix !!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
All [willful] sin is damnable.

Romans 6
[20] For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
[21] What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
More bigoted biblical blather.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:27 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm not tolerant at all of sin. I try to avoid it at all costs. But I've got this problem. You see, I have this beam in my eye and it's making it really hard to help get those motes out of everybody else's. Most of the time, I feel more comfortable just leaving the judging to God.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:28 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
LOL, TroutDude, that may be the most appropriate title for a group committed to pointing at other people that I have ever heard.
I'm gonna steal it and make it my own!!
Teflon Christians. And Jesus wept.
Rep I.O.U. to you.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:40 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,227,511 times
Im a conservative christian. But Im not like these guys. Its the Evangelics. I worked in a company of 400 people and the vast majority of them were evangelic. They even had their own church. They would have these daily morning required meetings at work which bordered on a sermon which all revolved around putting your all to the company, being honest and hard working, being faithful and understanding of others problems. BUt they were the coldest, cheating, robbing evil people I ever met...
THe CEO was arrested and sent to jail for fraud, One of the VP's was constantly accused of fondling women and there was just a general environment of cheating on everything including their spouses. Nothing ever happened to these guys in the company but if any lacky did something as small as use a light 4 letter word they were embarrassed at the next meeting and fired...

Old 05-15-2016, 06:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Im a conservative christian. But Im not like these guys. Its the Evangelics. I worked in a company of 400 people and the vast majority of them were evangelic. They even had their own church. They would have these daily morning required meetings at work which bordered on a sermon which all revolved around putting your all to the company, being honest and hard working, being faithful and understanding of others problems. BUt they were the coldest, cheating, robbing evil people I ever met...
THe CEO was arrested and sent to jail for fraud, One of the VP's was constantly accused of fondling women and there was just a general environment of cheating on everything including their spouses. Nothing ever happened to these guys in the company but if any lacky did something as small as use a light 4 letter word they were embarrassed at the next meeting and fired...
Although a light year and a half from a biblical scholar, I believe Jesus wasn't fond of such folks and labeled them Pharisees.

Many today consider consumerism and wealth to be gods worthy of worship. And they dupe as many sheep as possible into thinking that's what their bible god wants too -- almost as much as hating gays.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
These guys do sound like they fit the role of the Pharisees.

Christ will deal with them as He sees fit. It won't be pretty if they don't clean up their act.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:21 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
I'm one of those fundies as it were, and there is definitely no denying that this is an issue. I long to hear a Sunday sermon that is just as convicting about gossip, idolatry, or covetousness. I'm growing tired of the same old thing, primarily because I find it so generic and watered down.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah the double standard most fundies have regarding homosexuality is mind boggling. Their theology also falls apart when dealing with this issue. Most fundamentalists believe in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone. If you are homosexual however, you must either convert to heterosexual (not possible but in the fundie mind its as simple as attending a three week camp) or commit to a lifetime of celibacy in addition to having faith in Jesus Christ. If that is the case, then either...

1. The sin of homosexality is the ONLY sin that is not covered by faith alone in Jesus Christ

2. Homosexuality is the unforgivable sin

3. Their theology is completely wrong, in which case those throwing these stones will be in for a big surprise on judgment day

I think reality is fundies has such deep hatred towards the LGBT community that their religion is morphing into nothing more than an organization dedicated to hating these people and making themselves feel superior because they aren't gay.
We can sum this whole issue up right here.
Is Gay marriage or LGBT lifestyle backed by scriptures? NO
Is Gay marriage or LGBT lifestyle a sin according to scriptures? YES

Does God recognize marriage between anything other than a man and woman? NO
Is sex outside of marriage a sin according to scriptures? YES

Is homosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES
Is heterosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES

Does the bible say sexual immorality is a sin in the OT and NT? YES
Does the bible say people who practice sexual immorality will not go to heaven? YES
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity