Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 02:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
People here don't seem to realize that they are talking past each other on "why" homosexual activity is a "sin" simply because of two different views on why anything would be considered "sin:" one side thinks "God said so and that settles it," and the other side thinks that God would not "say so" without a reason, in other words, is God an arbitrary authoritarian setting up hoops to jump through at a whim, or does He tell us things for our own good? And I don't mean "our own good" as a way out of punishment for doing something God set up arbitrarily because He could.

Two different concepts of the nature of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well here's my concept of G-d. He can do what He wants, with who He wants, anytime He wants, and He doesn't need our permission to do so. Clay, meet Potter. Peace
Well, yes, that was my point. Basically, you worship POWER and the kind of love THAT engenders is known as "Stockholm Syndrome."

People who believe in a God of love don't think He just likes to set up hoops to watch us jump through, but tells us not to do things that are actually harmful to us and others because He loves us with a concern for our well-being and spiritual development.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:06 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Interesting word choice in that last sentence.

Every time you go there, I lose more respect from your posts. Drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

What you state in the first sentence as if it's an absolute is not something everyone agrees with. That sort of thing is thrown in by you as a grenade, Jeff, and that attitude is exactly what sets off the negative responses that you complain about all the time. If you want more rational and less inflammatory responses, why not stop doing that?
If you have nothing to counter my argument, why do you post? I'm not going to sugar coat the truth.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:15 PM

204 posts, read 145,499 times
Gay people have asked if it is possible for a man or a woman to live a sincere Christian life as a homosexual. To these gay people I say, yes, it is. No one decides your sincerity for you. It is true that, while on earth, your visible behavior will invite others to weigh in about you, but there are too many verses and too much obscure context in the Bible for any one human being to sift through, and so everybody keeps arguing the Bible. Memorize Ephesians 2:8-9 from the New Testament. It will carry you. Be warned: people who like to play the boastful game of "Your sin is bigger than mine" will not want to acknowledge that verse.

If that's still not practical enough, ask the millions of Christian unmarried-yet-practicing heterosexuals how do they keep God out of their heads when they have sex. Hear their reply and ask them if they will stand next to you at church as you watch them proudly present that reply to their Elders. Also ask married heterosexual Christians if they had premarital sex and how did they manage God while they did it. It is way past time for all people to quit dancing around the sexual hypocrisy that exists among us, that allows the blessed heterosexuals to kick God out of the bedroom when convenient and then ask gay people, "Where is YOUR good fruit? Can't you see mine? Isn't mine so pretty?"

Old 05-23-2016, 03:22 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Every time you go there, I lose more respect from your posts. Drop it.

If you have nothing to counter my argument, why do you post? I'm not going to sugar coat the truth.
Oh grow up. Again, you post what you post to get a reaction and then complain when the reaction comes. Geez. For a minute I thought you had a sense of humor.

Have no idea what you mean by "Every time you go there". Go WHERE?

You don't have an argument. You just keep stating your opinions as if they are indisputable facts.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:40 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Well here's my concept of G-d. He can do what He wants, with who He wants, anytime He wants, and He doesn't need our permission to do so. Clay, meet Potter. Peace
then you call the "pot" sinfull? really?
so why do you tell us the "pot" stinks"? the potter made it as it is.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:05 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, yes, that was my point. Basically, you worship POWER and the kind of love THAT engenders is known as "Stockholm Syndrome."
People who believe in a God of love don't think He just likes to set up hoops to watch us jump through, but tells us not to do things that are actually harmful to us and others because He loves us with a concern for our well-being and spiritual development.
Amen,nate! Keep preaching the Word of God - Jesus the Christ.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:31 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
You want to engage?

1Tim 1:8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
Since the word "homosexuality" wasn't even invented until the nineteenth century, you have a crappy bible that has been rewritten to fit your lifestyle.

Quote:
The first known use of homosexual in English is in Charles Gilbert Chaddock's 1892 translation of Richard von Krafft-Ebing's Psychopathia Sexualis, a study on sexual practices.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin..._homosexuality

That's all Pharisees ever do is to REWRITE the bible to fit the current cultural trends. Elsewhere you stated that Jesus "fulfilled" the law, yet you are unable to biblically resolve where Jesus REJECTED God's words in the Old Testament:

Exodus 21:25 "burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."
Leviticus 24:20 "fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth;---"
Deuteronomy 19:21 "Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth,----"

But Jesus said: You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also;…"

Now you have no biblical evidence to indicate this is not a complete rejection of GOD HIMSELF speaking in the Old Testament verses quoted above. Instead you use creative fiction to devise a story that helps you hang on to the fact that Jesus is as ugly as your god in the OT.

You allow that Satanic spirit to whisper lies to your heart so you can relegate Jesus to a "get out of jail" free card. To you its all about obeying laws, never about following Jesus. For the one thing Jesus always was-with every single sinner except Pharisees--was compassionate. Perhaps not always righteous in the eyes of some, perhaps not always just to others--but always compassionate UNTIL He would hear people quoting the bible or their interpretation of it to disparage others.

You are exactly like those Pharisees. You use the Bible, particularly the OT, and then revise the NT to fit that OT, to destroy other lives, make them feel worthless, show them up as "less than you."

Many of us feel like Jesus in the wilderness with Satan whispering what is "written in the law" in our ears to get us to be as ugly as the one who mouths it and refuses to accept the myriad of alternate interpretations. Who won't even believe what right wing, gay-hating theologians say about Sodom and Gomorrah--that the Genesis account has nothing to do with homosexuality.

I can't wish you peace because I know it is impossible for you to have it with such bitter anti-Christ thoughts running through your mind and dominating your heart.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:34 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
Gay people have asked if it is possible for a man or a woman to live a sincere Christian life as a homosexual. To these gay people I say, yes, it is. No one decides your sincerity for you. It is true that, while on earth, your visible behavior will invite others to weigh in about you, but there are too many verses and too much obscure context in the Bible for any one human being to sift through, and so everybody keeps arguing the Bible. Memorize Ephesians 2:8-9 from the New Testament. It will carry you. Be warned: people who like to play the boastful game of "Your sin is bigger than mine" will not want to acknowledge that verse.

If that's still not practical enough, ask the millions of Christian unmarried-yet-practicing heterosexuals how do they keep God out of their heads when they have sex. Hear their reply and ask them if they will stand next to you at church as you watch them proudly present that reply to their Elders. Also ask married heterosexual Christians if they had premarital sex and how did they manage God while they did it. It is way past time for all people to quit dancing around the sexual hypocrisy that exists among us, that allows the blessed heterosexuals to kick God out of the bedroom when convenient and then ask gay people, "Where is YOUR good fruit? Can't you see mine? Isn't mine so pretty?"
One of the better posts I've seen in a long time. God bless you further than He already has.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:47 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Since the word "homosexuality" wasn't even invented until the nineteenth century, you have a crappy bible that has been rewritten to fit your lifestyle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin..._homosexuality

That's all Pharisees ever do is to REWRITE the bible to fit the current cultural trends. Elsewhere you stated that Jesus "fulfilled" the law, yet you are unable to biblically resolve where Jesus REJECTED God's words in the Old Testament:

Exodus 21:25 "burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."
Leviticus 24:20 "fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth;---"
Deuteronomy 19:21 "Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth,----"

But Jesus said: You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also;…"

Now you have no biblical evidence to indicate this is not a complete rejection of GOD HIMSELF speaking in the Old Testament verses quoted above. Instead you use creative fiction to devise a story that helps you hang on to the fact that Jesus is as ugly as your god in the OT.

You allow that Satanic spirit to whisper lies to your heart so you can relegate Jesus to a "get out of jail" free card. To you its all about obeying laws, never about following Jesus. For the one thing Jesus always was-with every single sinner except Pharisees--was compassionate. Perhaps not always righteous in the eyes of some, perhaps not always just to others--but always compassionate UNTIL He would hear people quoting the bible or their interpretation of it to disparage others.

You are exactly like those Pharisees. You use the Bible, particularly the OT, and then revise the NT to fit that OT, to destroy other lives, make them feel worthless, show them up as "less than you."

Many of us feel like Jesus in the wilderness with Satan whispering what is "written in the law" in our ears to get us to be as ugly as the one who mouths it and refuses to accept the myriad of alternate interpretations. Who won't even believe what right wing, gay-hating theologians say about Sodom and Gomorrah--that the Genesis account has nothing to do with homosexuality.

I can't wish you peace because I know it is impossible for you to have it with such bitter anti-Christ thoughts running through your mind and dominating your heart.
Preach it, brother!! God continue to bless you, Warden.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:15 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Why do you do that which is bolded . Do you really think you're satan ?

Did you somehow forget what you wrote in response to my post, Cyber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Realizing this will surely start a dueling bible quote fest, still I gotta do it...

"God will keep him/her in perfect peace whose mind is focused on God [love]." ~ the bible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
<snipped for brevity>
Rbbi1,

What I found interesting that scripture that is being quoted if you google it (because there is no scripture reference to find it in the Bible ) and the way it is posted it comes up "no results," and that is because it is being quoted incorrectly .
Just like something satan would do, twist, turn scripture anyway he can to give ppl the wrong message and deflect from God's truth !

The Holy Spirit caught my attention and brought back to my remembrance when satan did the same to Jesus when He was led into the wilderness to be tempted . He (satan) misrepresented the scripture and even quoted it incorrectly just as was done in that post .
I also noticed that the end of the scripture was left out, "because he trusteth in thee" and not quoted . Just as satan did in verse 6 in Matthew

<etc.>...
As Mystic said, it's what you think of me, not what I think of myself. But, what you did was a sneak attack... Since you couldn't say it directly to me, I assumed it may have come from a place of fear within you, so I offered a hug and a bit of humor to hopefully lighten that load a bit.

Pleroo, aka satan, aka the devil (tongue firmly in cheek).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity