Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 11:57 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You know it would be nice to come here and be able to read and learn good things then always having to read and deal with such things like above ^^^ all the time ! Being shamed, ridiculed, insulted, and falsely accused . No wonder the Christians gets so angry and there is nowhere in scripture does it teach we are to put up with it !!

And what is truly sad is these are ppl who claim they love God and their neighbor . Yet, they are always condemning and provoking and pushing the Christians into a state of anger and having to defend themselves against such nonsense !! And they use the excuse their not where Jesus would have them to be yet. LOL !
If one knows the difference they shouldn't be doing it !!
Often I do just that. You, Cyber Munchkin, have been quite the beneficiary of what I refrain from saying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 11:59 AM

741 posts, read 444,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
That is your god telling the disciples that he has the authority. Nothing to do with you.

'And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.'

That you don't see it is down to you.
Again, the disciples are being told to do something not you.

The command is directed to the disciples not you.
What did he tell the disciples to do? Teach people ALL his commandments. One of his commandments is to make more disciples.

Now your ignoring me on purpose which is why I don't stay in these conversations
"Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” Mat 28:18-20

Don't cut it up. Don't Cherry pick it. It doesn't say 'teach them ALL commandments EXCEPT this one'. All means just as it says, ALL including this one, "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations".

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 06-24-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 12:30 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
So, Quiverfull it is.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
So, Quiverfull it is.
Well, they are trying to show their proof. Which is what I wanted, so I can make a defense.
I try to stick close to the Bible and avoid using my own words as little as possible on purpose. Because the Bible is truth, the closer I am to it the better it is for everyone.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Well, they are trying to show their proof. Which is what I wanted, so I can make a defense.
Proof?

Does the Bible state women should be available for intimate relationships 24/7?

How about the part that says don't ask him to help around the house and care for his children?

Blanked training?

No education for women?

No birth control, so you must have children until your uterus fall out?

I would like to see a biblical defense for this.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Proof?

Does the Bible state women should be available for intimate relationships 24/7?

How about the part that says don't ask him to help around the house and care for his children?

Blanked training?

No education for women?

No birth control, so you must have children until your uterus fall out?

I would like to see a biblical defense for this.
Show the scriptures that are being used to put these things in place. All of these look like doctrines that people try to use the Bible to validate.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Show the scriptures that are being used to put these things in place. All of these look like doctrines that people tried to use the Bible to validate.
What I produced is Quiverfull. You said they were trying to show their proof.

I simply stated what they believe to be biblical.

I know you cannot defend the indefensible. Much like other biblical beliefs, like the ones that gave the end of the world dates. Or the ministers who claim LGBTQ should be put to death.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:50 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
OP here.

In this thread, those that claim to hold with a love driven, inclusive Christianity attacked every bit as sharply and shrilly as those who are Bible thumpers. I was told I wanted an excuse to be a nasty person, or not have any responsibility for my own life, or serve my husband like a slave.

For the first time, I'm tempted to say 'that says more about you than it does about me.' But I guess we all do this, when our hot button issues come up. So I'll remember this thread the next time I nearly fly off the handle online.

Thank you to those who listed denominations, or reached out personally, or asked thoughtful questions.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
What I produced is Quiverfull. You said they were trying to show their proof.

I simply stated what they believe to be biblical.
Yes exactly. I can defend if they are trying to use the Bible to make their point. But if I point to what the Bible actually says and they say 'that is not what people believe'. Well, what in the world can I do about that? I am showing them and they don't believe it either! LOL

Then I tell them I don't believe that way and they say 'yes you do'. Then I ask for proof and they come back with anything except the Bible as proof. They see themselves as this person with this majestic sword and like a white knight about to slay a dragon. But what their attack is that of a person with a cardboard box as armor and paper sword. Ah but they attempt to pick up the real sword, the Bible, now they are serious. Now I have something to work with.
Quote:
I know you cannot defend the indefensible. Much like other biblical beliefs, like the ones that gave the end of the world dates. Or the ministers who claim LGBTQ should be put to death.
Mistakes I can understand. But finding out it was a mistake and then not adjusting is just not being humble. Those that say anyone should be put to death though need to really think about what they are saying. If someone says one group should be judged so harshly then what about their own practices? Someone could be suggesting their own punishment should be death.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Yes exactly. I can defend if they are trying to use the Bible to make their point. But if I point to what the Bible actually says and they say 'that is not what people believe'. Well, what in the world can I do about that? I am showing them and they don't believe it either! LOL

Then I tell them I don't believe that way and they say 'yes you do'. Then I ask for proof and they come back with anything except the Bible as proof. They see themselves as this person with this majestic sword and like a white knight about to slay a dragon. But what their attack is that of a person with a cardboard box as armor and paper sword. Ah but they attempt to pick up the real sword, the Bible, now they are serious. Now I have something to work with.

Mistakes I can understand. But finding out it was a mistake and then not adjusting is just not being humble. Those that say anyone should be put to death though need to really think about what they are saying. If someone says one group should be judged so harshly then what about their own practices? Someone could be suggesting their own punishment should be death.
The problem is, they are using the Bible. I wish they would open it once in a while and read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity