Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,889 times

Advertisements

Does the bible say anything about man on the moon, or about sending space rovers to Mars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
No. I'm sorry. But that doesn't mean there might not be. I mean I've always speculated that maybe (a small maybe) he has life somewhere else in the universe with a completely different set of rules and such for them because they might have had a different history and we don't know about it because it's too far away. But more than likely, not. Because the bible mentions the moon and the sun plenty of times and would have mentioned life on other planets as well if they did in fact exist. That's what I think anyway. People like to get this "Are we alone?" type set of mind which really makes no sense to me. We are all together in this big planet...how could we be alone?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
It's quite possible that God has created beings on other planets who obeyed Him; life would be paradise for them. If Adam & Eve would have obeyed, this planet would still be paradise too. No death, no hurt, no pain, no tears -- just life everywhere.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death ...

Old 04-15-2010, 12:12 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
IMO, I don't think there is life on other planets.I think it's 'all about us'.That's just how special we are,how special God made us.
I do think that question was answered for us with the verses 'the heavens declare the glory of God,and the firmament showeth His handiwork'.IOW-I made all of this just to show you how Mighty I am and how much I love you.

I laugh whenever I see someone claim to be abducted by aliens... it just isn't true.Ex: Travis Walton and his cohorts had every reason to want to be released from that forestry contract they were nowhere near finishing. (and don't get me started with lie detector tests,I'm very familiar with true crime,and yes,I do think they all LIED.End of subject,I do not debate,thx ).

Old 04-15-2010, 12:19 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
While I very much believe in God, and an afterlife, I do think that there is life out there. And why not? After all the universe is a very big place. With the numerous other galaxies out there, it's hard to imagine that we are the only planet in the whole universe capable of supporting life. I guess I'm just more open minded when it comes to these things.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
I get ya no1brnfan,I just see the universe as (possibly) being a future plan for us...maybe we are all going to be given rule over our own planet or planets or solar system...etc.But not for the here n now.(and that's all I have to say about that).

Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I get ya no1brnfan,I just see the universe as (possibly) being a future plan for us...maybe we are all going to be given rule over our own planet or planets or solar system...etc.But not for the here n now.(and that's all I have to say about that).

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm pretty open minded about things. Well most of them anyway. I guess we won't have all the answers until we move on to the next life. There are so many things unanswered that I would love to know. Guess we'll just have to make the most of our lives here, which is what I'm trying to do, and we'll find out when we get to the other side.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Among the hundreds of billions of galaxies each filled with billions of stars, I believe there is life, intelligent life out there:

Eph 3:15 after Whom every kindred in the heavens and on earth is being named,

Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
In Revelations 12: 7 ...``.there was a war in Heaven Michael and his Angels fought against the dragon and his angels.....and prevailed not neither was their place found any more in Heaven..... the devil was caste out to the earth and his angles where caste out with him.``....... see there is not exterrestrial in space but a devil caste out to the earth... the devil and demons and fallen angels are stuck on the earth ..... and for the Lord Jesus Christ at this time in the history of the Lord God. .. Spiritually the earth is the center of the known universe and as long as Jesus has Children of God are here this will be of Great interest for Heaven.........

Old 04-16-2010, 07:57 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Revelations 12: 7 ...``.there was a war in Heaven Michael and his Angels fought against the dragon and his angels.....and prevailed not neither was their place found any more in Heaven..... the devil was caste out to the earth and his angles where caste out with him.``....... see there is not exterrestrial in space but a devil caste out to the earth... the devil and demons and fallen angels are stuck on the earth ..... and for the Lord Jesus Christ at this time in the history of the Lord God. .. Spiritually the earth is the center of the known universe and as long as Jesus has Children of God are here this will be of Great interest for Heaven.........
I thought we were talking about life existing in other planets. By that, I thought the OP was life like us humans.

Satan is a spirit being.

Kindreds are not spirit beings who have a common father like we have for Adam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity