Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 11:15 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,355,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Vote right or your children will be gay and you will endure poverty for the rest of your life.
Ken Copeland is reportedly worth three quarters of a billion dollars. He's going to have some serious 'splaining to do himself when the time comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 12:06 AM

23,226 posts, read 10,508,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Ken Copeland is reportedly worth three quarters of a billion dollars. He's going to have some serious 'splaining to do himself when the time comes.
Not as far as his millions of followers would say, they would say that he is the ultimate example of how to be and this is sheer truth.

You should either go one way all the way, or go the other way, all the way.

Anyone in between is silly.

If I didn't believe in God, I would be so wealthy, just like my father.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:47 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
He says he is a christian, who am I or you to judge?
Get out there like Samuel.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:49 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God is opposed to great wealth and it will be as a camel going through the eye of a needle for a wealthy man, ESPECIALLY for a man who has gained his wealth by being a priest and is no father or priest.

Abraham's wealth was gathering 1000's of people loyal to him, millions now, tens of millions and billions.

If a man had wealth, let him boast of being the great father to all under his control as he deals wisely in their benefit, and this is what Abraham did.

He had become a father to nations upon nations, but his wealth is in loyalty, not riches, he is a the great shepherd and the father to all like any great king.

A king of kings as it were, he was a nomad upon the earth having no home, and there are billions and billions of family now.

Kenneth Copeland is the opposite, he has his tens of millions but he is a tyrant against his own people.

Amen brother.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
We can sincerely hope..

Old 08-14-2016, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He preaches the prosperity gospel, and likes to spice it up with political activism.
and a whole lot of dead presidents...

Old 08-14-2016, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The link isn't working for me.
It seems to be back on line...

Old 08-14-2016, 09:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
If God were ''opposed to great wealth '', as said above....I don't get it...
why would Abraham and Solomon and a bunch of others have so much and
there did not seem to be a problem for God?
If that were true...why didn't Joseph and Mary donate the gold and the
other valuable gifts to others?
Why would Jesus say he came for us to be abundant (in many ways, of course)...or
ask your Father and imagine
with all His riches what He will give us...

It doesn't compute in my head...sure, rich men get attached to $$, thus, lose
sight of what matters more, ie, love, charity, God Himself....but...it is not a blanket statement
that He is opposed to wealth, at all.

Even when Jesus told that one guy to sell all of his stuff...it was to 'him alone'...why?
Because Jesus knew 'he' was so attached...the attachment to anything takes one away from what 'matters'....and it isn't matter, haha.

My take on riches/wealth/money.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Why would Jesus say he came for us to be abundant (in many ways, of course)...or

sight of what matters more, ie, love, charity, God Himself....but...it is not a blanket statement

Even when Jesus told that one guy to sell all of his stuff...it was to 'him alone'...why?
Because Jesus knew 'he' was so attached...the attachment to anything takes one away from what 'matters'....and it isn't matter, haha.

It's not his wealth, but the way he came about it.
There is a difference between a thief; and a giver.

Unfortunately, many are gullible.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:51 AM

23,226 posts, read 10,508,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

I say he is opposed because of what Jesus and the disciples did, but let's make something clear. When Jesus says it is harder for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom, it is talking about the Zoe kingdom in my opinion.

3 sections of heaven.

But yeah, I would say God opposes great wealth to just anyone.

God blessed Solomon cause he didn't choose riches but he gave him riches because he also proved a point where Solomon was the wealthiest man on Earth and even this was nothing. He made a king as grand as any king could be, and the king learned that there was only the work of your hands. A king is a father to his people, he has to be rich, UNLESS.

You are the other type of king.

A king who has no place to rest his head.

Imagine that you have ten thousand children that you have to feed and clothe and marry off, this was Abraham. He alone with his people defeated ten kings and all their soldiers, that's how many people Abraham had in tow. Abraham and all his people lived commonly together and they moved where they moved. This isn't a man that goes and takes everyone's money to buy jets and Million dollar homes, Abraham did not own a home.

There is money
There is God.

A man cannot serve two masters, but this doesn't mean you have to give up your home, the people who sold everything to give to orphans and widows were seeking a better resurrection because there are 3 types.

You can live an humble life as Paul says, or you can amass all the wealth in the world.

The latter is where money is your God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity