Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 11:33 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times

Advertisements

Scripture says that the righteous walk in the ways of the Lord but sinners stumble. One must discover what the ways of the Lord are in order to walk in them. Jesus said that genuine worshipers worship in spirit and truth. He said that the word of God is spirit and life and that God's word is truth. He also said that those who act in truth come to the light but sinners do not come to the light so sinners must avoid the truth, God's word.

Walking in God's ways is walking in His word since scripture says God is righteous in His ways and holy in all His works which Jesus described as God's word. So sinners avoid God's word and in so doing they stumble but the righteous walk in God's word and it makes them holy and righteous.

Scripture reference;

"The ways of the Lord are straight. The righteous walk in them but sinners will stumble."

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and holy in all His works."

"The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works."

" And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil.
For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed. But those who act in truth come to the light, so their deeds are revealed as works of God."

Are those who lead others away from the word of God in the Bible evil sinners according to these verses ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 12:29 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,788 times
Typical cult defense mechanism.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Typical cult defense mechanism.
Typical of the wicked to lead man away from the word of God and salvation in the light.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:37 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Scripture says that the righteous walk in the ways of the Lord but sinners stumble. One must discover what the ways of the Lord are in order to walk in them. Jesus said that genuine worshipers worship in spirit and truth. He said that the word of God is spirit and life and that God's word is truth. He also said that those who act in truth come to the light but sinners do not come to the light so sinners must avoid the truth, God's word.

Walking in God's ways is walking in His word since scripture says God is righteous in His ways and holy in all His works which Jesus described as God's word. So sinners avoid God's word and in so doing they stumble but the righteous walk in God's word and it makes them holy and righteous.

Scripture reference;

"The ways of the Lord are straight. The righteous walk in them but sinners will stumble."

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and holy in all His works."

"The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works."

" And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil.
For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed. But those who act in truth come to the light, so their deeds are revealed as works of God."

Are those who lead others away from the word of God in the Bible evil sinners according to these verses ?
could you rephrase this last question? because i am having trouble with the syntax, "those who lead others away from the Word." i can't find any of these people identified. but never mind that if you don't want, could you just rephrase it, ty.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:35 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Jesus Christ said from Matthew 5:19 ..........``Whosoever therefore will break one of these commandments , and will teach men so, he will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven , but who so ever will do and teach them , the same will be called great in the Kingdom of heaven ``................ Still Jesus had a lot of things to say ......

Old 10-29-2016, 03:52 PM

hmm, funny, as that relates to that final question, i notice alla sudden evildoers are not being characterized as writhing in fiery agony, but "least in the kingdom of heaven," hmm.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
could you rephrase this last question? because i am having trouble with the syntax, "those who lead others away from the Word." i can't find any of these people identified. but never mind that if you don't want, could you just rephrase it, ty.
The question is; Do you think those who say that God's word from the bible is not needed are the evil ones Jesus describes in the OP?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The question is; Do you think those who say that God's word from the bible is not needed are the evil ones Jesus describes in the OP?
categorically no, because a literalist might be described as equally saying God's Word is not needed, in a spiritual sense. So, although i am using pidgeonholing in a different sense, the concept is hopefully illuminated. So yes, i agree in a spiritual sense, but no, i do not think your labels are going to be functional, they will end up excluding

A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision,

and including others who should be excluded imo.

Also, the gospel is proclaimed to all creation, and one does not need the Bible, imo, they will simply be at a big disadvantage, as the Bible is what they are going to end up...doing, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity