Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 04:52 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Rosh Hashana, otherwise known as the feast of Trumpets is the Jewish New Year. It comes and goes once a year and has nothing to do with the reported sounds heard in various places around the world.
That would be my point, the sounds heard all over the world have nothing to do with the Trumpets sounding on Rosh Hashanah in the book of Revelation. Those trumpets are blown on Rosh Hashanah in Revelation and there is no mistaking the day. Revelation is a book that begins on Rosh Hashanah and everything said in Revelation is pertaining to what happens on Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and the feast of Tabernacles but the Trumpets, the seals, the bowls all take place on Rosh Hashanah and there is overwhelming evidence to this fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 05:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Here in Detroit, we have been hearing that sound since 1970s....

Old 09-12-2016, 05:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
You sure have a lot of faith in those Left Behind books!
He sure does....

Old 09-12-2016, 09:26 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
When the church has been raptured or caught up (1 Thess. 4:17) you will know the church-age is over.

As for the sky sounds that have been reported, they have natural and/or manmade origins, and many of the reports are probably hoaxes.
Quote:
I've never read the Left Behind Books. The rapture or catching up of the church is a Biblically taught doctrine. God's plan is dispensational. The age of Israel has been put on hold for the duration of the Church-age. The Church-age will terminate with the rapture of the Church after which, and probably after some short period of time, the age of Israel will resume with the seven year Tribulation. The Tribulation, also referred to as the time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7) is the last seven literal years remaining in Daniel's seventy weeks (weeks of years for 490 years) prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27). The first 69 weeks of years were completed just before Jesus was crucified. Between the 69th week and the 70th week is the entire period of the Church-age.

No one knows when the rapture of the church will occur. There are no signs or prophecies which must be fulfilled before it occurs, and it could have occurred at any time since the beginning of this dispensation, and could occur at any time. On the other hand, it may not occur for quite some time. But it will occur when God gives the go ahead.

Paul referred to the rapture or catching up of the church, so either believe him or don't believe him.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I've never read the Left Behind Books. The rapture or catching up of the church is a Biblically taught doctrine. God's plan is dispensational. The age of Israel has been put on hold for the duration of the Church-age. The Church-age will terminate with the rapture of the Church after which, and probably after some short period of time, the age of Israel will resume with the seven year Tribulation. The Tribulation, also referred to as the time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7) is the last seven literal years remaining in Daniel's seventy weeks (weeks of years for 490 years) prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27). The first 69 weeks of years were completed just before Jesus was crucified. Between the 69th week and the 70th week is the entire period of the Church-age.

No one knows when the rapture of the church will occur. There are no signs or prophecies which must be fulfilled before it occurs, and it could have occurred at any time since the beginning of this dispensation, and could occur at any time. On the other hand, it may not occur for quite some time. But it will occur when God gives the go ahead.

Paul referred to the rapture or catching up of the church, so either believe him or don't believe him.
Actually, the "RAPTURE" is a recent phenomena...

The origin of Rapture False doctrine: John Darby 1830 AD

The famous “rapture” passage is found in 1 Thessalonians 4.15-17 and reads:

According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

This passage, when placed in the larger context of the chapter, is answering questions that Christians in Thessalonica had concerning death. What has happened to our loved ones who have died before the return of Christ to earth? What is theirs and our ultimate destiny?

Paul’s answer: bodily resurrection at the return of Christ to earth! Not an escape into the sky.

In this passage, Paul borrows two specific images from the Old Testament that would have been familiar to Jewish converts and Gentiles who were familiarizing themselves with the Hebrew tradition. The first of these that Paul employs in the text has to do with Moses who comes down from Mount Sinai with the Law with the great blast of the trumpet.

Why the Rapture isn’t Biblical… And Why it Matters

#1 Hell is empty. All the devils are here.

Saint Prospero states in V Corinthians that in the End Days leading up to the Rapture Hell will be emptied of devils and attend the Republican National Convention held on July 18-21 in Cleveland, Ohio.

#2 But for my sport and profit.

I hate the Moor, And it is thought abroad that ‘twixt my sheets. He has done my office. I know not if ‘t be true, but I, for mere suspicion in that kind, will do as if for surety.
Pope Iago III clearly states in the famous Papal Bull Dundum ad nostram audientiam that irrational hatred for Obama can be classified under “Fun” and a sign of imminent rapturing.

#3 Come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, and fill me from the crown to the toe topful of direst cruelty!

Mother Macbeth, the famous 20th-century lady who spoke to the hearts and minds of Christians everywhere, prophecises on how the LGBT movement will “unsex” womanhood and fill souls with the Women’s National Basketball League and fast pitch softball games. The “Great Unsexing” will herald the biblical apocalypse.

#4 And thus I clothe my naked villainy.

With odd old ends stol’n out of holy writ, And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Bishop Richard III of York in the late 15th century saw deep into the future, and that American Presidential elections will be dominated by charlatans and cheats that wrap themselves in the Bible only to gorge themselves on ill-gotten gains at the expense of the public good. What no one could predict was that Donald J. Trump would need such a thin veneer of holy writ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HPr...ature=youtu.be

Old 09-12-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Actually, the "RAPTURE" is a recent phenomena...

The famous “rapture†passage is found in 1 Thessalonians 4.15-17 and reads:

According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

This passage, when placed in the larger context of the chapter, is answering questions that Christians in Thessalonica had concerning death. What has happened to our loved ones who have died before the return of Christ to earth? What is theirs and our ultimate destiny? Paul’s answer: bodily resurrection at the return of Christ to earth! Not an escape into the sky [see appendix below!].

In this passage, Paul borrows two specific images from the Old Testament that would have been familiar to Jewish converts and Gentiles who were familiarizing themselves with the Hebrew tradition. The first of these that Paul employs in the text has to do with Moses who comes down from Mount Sinai with the Law with the great blast of the trumpet.

Why the Rapture isn’t Biblical… And Why it Matters

#1 Hell is empty. All the devils are here.

Saint Prospero states in V Corinthians that in the End Days leading up to the Rapture Hell will be emptied of devils and attend the Republican National Convention held on July 18-21 in Cleveland, Ohio.

#2 But for my sport and profit.

I hate the Moor, And it is thought abroad that ‘twixt my sheets. He has done my office. I know not if ‘t be true, but I, for mere suspicion in that kind, will do as if for surety.
Pope Iago III clearly states in the famous Papal Bull Dundum ad nostram audientiam that irrational hatred for Obama can be classified under “Fun†and a sign of imminent rapturing.

#3 Come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, and fill me from the crown to the toe topful of direst cruelty!

Mother Macbeth, the famous 20th-century lady who spoke to the hearts and minds of Christians everywhere, prophecises on how the LGBT movement will “unsex†womanhood and fill souls with the Women’s National Basketball League and fast pitch softball games. The “Great Unsexing†will herald the biblical apocalypse.

#4 And thus I clothe my naked villainy.

With odd old ends stol’n out of holy writ, And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Bishop Richard III of York in the late 15th century saw deep into the future, and that American Presidential elections will be dominated by charlatans and cheats that wrap themselves in the Bible only to gorge themselves on ill-gotten gains at the expense of the public good. What no one could predict was that Donald J. Trump would need such a thin veneer of holy writ.
No, the rapture or catching up of the church is not a recent phenomena. The rapture and resurrection of the church are spoken of in 1 Thessalonians within the context of day of the Lord, with Paul's assurance that the church is not destined for God's wrath which occurs during the Tribulation.

Beginning with 1 Thess. 1:10 Paul encourages the Thessalonians to wait for Jesus who rescues us (the Church) from the wrath to come. In chapter 5:9 Paul again states that God has not destined us (the church) for wrath, but for obtaining salvation (deliverance) though Jesus. In beween those two statements Paul had been talking about the day of the Lord, and that is the wrath of which Paul speaks. In Revelation 6:16-17 the wrath of Him who sits on the throne (God the Father) and the wrath of the Lamb (Jesus) is mentioned in connection with the sixth seal judgment. The Tribulation is the great day of their wrath (God the Father and Jesus).

And the Church will not go through the Tribulation because it will have been raptured and taken up into heaven where it will remain during the Tribulation, and then return to the earth with Jesus at the end of the Tribulation. The entire raptured church is seen in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where after having undergone the judgment seat of Christ the church (the bride) has been made ready for the marriage of the Lamb.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:05 AM

Really, it is NEW..

D. Rapture doctrine invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830:

1. John Nelson Darby invented the false doctrine of the Rapture 1830-1833 AD and popularized it in 1850 to which it infected us today. While Morgan Edwards had also invented the doctrine in a college essay in 1744 AD, his work was isolated, forgotten and irrelevant as an etiology of the modern popularity of pre-tribulation Rapture doctrine. Darby invented the doctrine without any influence or reliance on Edwards.

2. Morgan Edwards wrote this short essay as a paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744. After he immigrated to the USA, the essay was published in Philadelphia in 1788. It is clear that his school paper went as unnoticed as his formal publication in 1788 AD. While Edwards may in fact be the earliest person on earth to invent the pre-tribulation rapture, it is equally clear that Darby invented the same doctrine in 1830 AD and made it popular 100 years later in 1850 AD. "The distance between the first and second resurrection will be somewhat more than a thousand years.: I say, somewhat more; because the dead saints will be raised, and the living changed at Christ's " appearing in the air" (1 Thes. iv, 17); and this will be about three years and a half before the millennium, as we shall see hereafter: but will he and they abide in the air all that time? No: they will ascend to paradise, or to some one of those many " mansions in the father's house of God" (John xiv: 2), and to disappear during the foresaid period of time. ... V. That spot of earth which. Christ will make the seat of his governments Mount Zion, in Jerusalem. Jerusalem and the temple will be rebuilt, as we shall prove by and by and that temple will be the house of Christ kingdom. ... VI. The risen and changed saints shall reign with Christ on earth a thousand years. I do not mean that all will be kings; for some are to be Christ' s priests, some judges, some rulers over cities, some over his household, some over his goods, (as wee shall see anon) and some his special chorister and musicians. (Two Academical Exercises on Subjects Bearing the following Titles; Millennium, Last-Novelties, Morgan Edwards, 1744 AD, 1788 AD)
3. Darby notes that the doctrine "popped into his head" in 1830 AD. Before this, no one had ever heard of a secret rapture doctrine.

4. Darby is one of the founders of the "Plymouth Brethren" movement at the same time he first conceived his rapture theology. Therefore the Plymouth Brethren are inseparable from Rapture theology and always will be and should be avoided.

5. Modern influences of Darby include Dallas Theological Seminary, Bob Jones University, Hal Lindsey, Tim LaHaye, Jack Van Impe and Harold Camping, the Scofield Reference Bible.

6. Darby's Rapture theology has infected almost every conservative protestant church, except for a few groups like the Churches of Christ, who rejected it as a non-Biblical doctrine and have denounced it ever since like all other man made doctrines.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
No, the rapture or catching up of the church is not a recent phenomena. The rapture and resurrection of the church are spoken of in 1 Thessalonians within the context of day of the Lord, with Paul's assurance that the church is not destined for God's wrath which occurs during the Tribulation.

Beginning with 1 Thess. 1:10 Paul encourages the Thessalonians to wait for Jesus who rescues us (the Church) from the wrath to come. In chapter 5:9 Paul again states that God has not destined us (the church) for wrath, but for obtaining salvation (deliverance) though Jesus. In beween those two statements Paul had been talking about the day of the Lord, and that is the wrath of which Paul speaks. In Revelation 6:16-17 the wrath of Him who sits on the throne (God the Father) and the wrath of the Lamb (Jesus) is mentioned in connection with the sixth seal judgment. The Tribulation is the great day of their wrath (God the Father and Jesus).

And the Church will not go through the Tribulation because it will have been raptured and taken up into heaven where it will remain during the Tribulation, and then return to the earth with Jesus at the end of the Tribulation. The entire raptured church is seen in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where after having undergone the judgment seat of Christ the church (the bride) has been made ready for the marriage of the Lamb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Really, it is NEW..

D. Rapture doctrine invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830:

1. John Nelson Darby invented the false doctrine of the Rapture 1830-1833 AD and popularized it in 1850 to which it infected us today. While Morgan Edwards had also invented the doctrine in a college essay in 1744 AD, his work was isolated, forgotten and irrelevant as an etiology of the modern popularity of pre-tribulation Rapture doctrine. Darby invented the doctrine without any influence or reliance on Edwards.

2. Morgan Edwards wrote this short essay as a paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744. After he immigrated to the USA, the essay was published in Philadelphia in 1788. It is clear that his school paper went as unnoticed as his formal publication in 1788 AD. While Edwards may in fact be the earliest person on earth to invent the pre-tribulation rapture, it is equally clear that Darby invented the same doctrine in 1830 AD and made it popular 100 years later in 1850 AD. "The distance between the first and second resurrection will be somewhat more than a thousand years.: I say, somewhat more; because the dead saints will be raised, and the living changed at Christ's " appearing in the air" (1 Thes. iv, 17); and this will be about three years and a half before the millennium, as we shall see hereafter: but will he and they abide in the air all that time? No: they will ascend to paradise, or to some one of those many " mansions in the father's house of God" (John xiv: 2), and to disappear during the foresaid period of time. ... V. That spot of earth which. Christ will make the seat of his governments Mount Zion, in Jerusalem. Jerusalem and the temple will be rebuilt, as we shall prove by and by and that temple will be the house of Christ kingdom. ... VI. The risen and changed saints shall reign with Christ on earth a thousand years. I do not mean that all will be kings; for some are to be Christ' s priests, some judges, some rulers over cities, some over his household, some over his goods, (as wee shall see anon) and some his special chorister and musicians. (Two Academical Exercises on Subjects Bearing the following Titles; Millennium, Last-Novelties, Morgan Edwards, 1744 AD, 1788 AD)
3. Darby notes that the doctrine "popped into his head" in 1830 AD. Before this, no one had ever heard of a secret rapture doctrine.

4. Darby is one of the founders of the "Plymouth Brethren" movement at the same time he first conceived his rapture theology. Therefore the Plymouth Brethren are inseparable from Rapture theology and always will be and should be avoided.

5. Modern influences of Darby include Dallas Theological Seminary, Bob Jones University, Hal Lindsey, Tim LaHaye, Jack Van Impe and Harold Camping, the Scofield Reference Bible.

6. Darby's Rapture theology has infected almost every conservative protestant church, except for a few groups like the Churches of Christ, who rejected it as a non-Biblical doctrine and have denounced it ever since like all other man made doctrines.
Since Paul wrote about the rapture of the Church, it is obviously not a new teaching. I've already explained the context in which Paul wrote of the rapture. I've already stated that the raptured church is seen in heaven during the Tribulation.

Darby didn't invent the rapture. He simply recognized what is stated in the Scriptures concerning the rapture and popularized its teaching.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

The Bema judgment comes first and this is the judging of the congregation of believers in Christ.

When Paul says,'' The we who are left alive.''

What just happened?

The rapture theory is new and it began with a Catholic nun trying to explain why the beast was ruling over 7 mountains, and it was rationalized that all the saints just suddenly dissappeard and then the 7 mountains became evil.

Judgment begins at the house of God and it is called the Bema judgment. Zechariah 14 also insinuates this same occurrence and Paul was quoting Zechariah when everyone left alive will then keep the feast of Tabernacles.

EVERYONE will stand in the fire.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:06 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
You mean the ones that have Christians killing people to stay alive even though they believe the must die to join Jesus????? Stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity