Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times

Advertisements

1 Corinthians 6:12 [ Sexual Immorality ]
“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial.
“I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything."

That is the good news when it comes to sexual immorality, God said it is not so powerful that it can't be mastered.

What is sexual immorality? God's Word defines it as
  • anything that is something which goes beyond a the natural creation of man \ woman who are married
And how can one be not mastered by sexual perversion \ immorality?
" ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! ' " Ezekiel 14:6

" Submit yourselves, then, to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. " James 4:7

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. "
1 Corinthians 10:13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
The good news is that nothing is declared "sin" but that which is harmful to man, his relations with his felllow and/or is relationship with God. Everything is subject to review with all the knowledge thatcan be brought to bear and the spirit of concern for all who are involved that is agape.

The most revolutionary statement in the Bible was that Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The good news is that nothing is declared "sin" but that which is harmful to man, his relations with his felllow and/or is relationship with God. Everything is subject to review with all the knowledge thatcan be brought to bear and the spirit of concern for all who are involved that is agape.

The most revolutionary statement in the Bible was that Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
Sexual perversion \ immorality is declared "sin" thus it is harmful to man, his relations with his fellow and/or is relationship with God.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:34 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sexual perversion \ immorality is declared "sin" thus it is harmful to man, his relations with his fellow and/or is relationship with God.
Absolutely. Now let's talk about what constitutes sexual perversion in terms of what Paul said about all things being lawful but not all things beneficial.....

Old 08-31-2013, 11:44 AM

670 posts, read 815,718 times
What classifies as Sexual Immorality?

Don't qoute John or Romans those are not in my Bible.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:48 AM

796 posts, read 859,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

Just because you reject them does not mean they are not as true today as the day God had them written for us.

You don't get to tell God what is and is not. God tells you and you will be held accountable to His standard, not yours.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:55 AM

796 posts, read 859,156 times
Quote:
1 Corinthians 6:12 [ Sexual Immorality ]
“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial.
“I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything."

That is the good news when it comes to sexual immorality, God said it is not so powerful that it can't be mastered.

What is sexual immorality? God's Word defines it as
  • anything that is something which goes beyond a the natural creation of man \ woman who are married
And how can one be not mastered by sexual perversion \ immorality?
Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! ' " Ezekiel 14:6

" Submit yourselves, then, to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. " James 4:7

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. "
1 Corinthians 10:13
You know I am so grateful that God loved me enough to provide a means for me to be free from my sin. To overcome that which He say's is wrong. God loved me enough to lift me up from that bondage. I hurt for those who do not believe God will do the same for them or teach others that God won't do it for them. And even sadder are those who believe and teach that God want's you to remain in bondage to your sin. While I am not the judge of any man I cannot accept that anyone who believes God want's people to sin know Him.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

Probably they aren't in "your Bible" because they would probably expose more than you care admit to.

However, God still did even in the OT define it

One of the detestable practice God says to turn from is (keeping with the topic of the OP)
Leviticus 18:22
“ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Leviticus 20:13
“ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.' "

Old 08-31-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
You know I am so grateful that God loved me enough to provide a means for me to be free from my sin. To overcome that which He say's is wrong. God loved me enough to lift me up from that bondage. I hurt for those who do not believe God will do the same for them or teach others that God won't do it for them. And even sadder are those who believe and teach that God want's you to remain in bondage to your sin. While I am not the judge of any man I cannot accept that anyone who believes God want's people to sin know Him.

I too am grateful that through relying on God's strength and mercy, there is no sin that is powerful enough to keep one in bondage.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Probably they aren't in "your Bible" because they would probably expose more than you care admit to.

However, God still did even in the OT define it

One of the detestable practice God says to turn from is (keeping with the topic of the OP)
Leviticus 18:22
“ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Leviticus 20:13
“ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.' "
And I'm sure that you follow ALL of the laws of the OT.

Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity