Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 03:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You just twisted what I said. Other people saw it too. The person was unaware. In His mercy He often just has them sort of blank out, because the fear of what is happening to them would consume them. Peace
I didn't twist anything.

You said:

Quote:
They are capable of taking form and have the strength of ten men. My first "perception" tried to possess my best friend. I saw it. The reason most people don't is because it takes Him to open your spiritual eyes to see spiritual things, and in His mercy, He spares people seeing what is all around until they are either in deep trouble from entertaining them and their thoughts, or they are spiritually mature enough to deal with them for the benefit of others are not.
So, now you're saying other people CAN see these things and yet most of us have not, and still you claim that it's going on all around us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 03:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I didn't twist anything.

You said:

So, now you're saying other people CAN see these things and yet most of us have not, and still you claim that it's going on all around us.

Absolutely. The spiritual realm is real, but usually unseen. Peace

Old 10-18-2016, 03:23 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Absolutely. The spiritual realm is real, but usually unseen. Peace

These crazy things are going on around us all the time, and they CAN be seen ... but they aren't.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
These crazy things are going on around us all the time, and they CAN be seen ... but they aren't.

What I am saying is, there are things around us all the time, but you cannot see them unless He chooses that you do. That is His mercy, because man would go mad from fear if he saw the true condition of this realm without His Spirit to buffer the blow.

Obviously, when someone is battling demonic possession, the battle is seen, sometimes the entity itself is seen and not just heard or experienced in some other way, but there are also spiritual things that can be seen besides that, if He permits it for His reasons. It's still always about Him, He is sovereign, and it should not be anyone's focus, but rather a reaction from your walk with Him as He leads you. Peace

Old 10-18-2016, 08:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
What I am saying is, there are things around us all the time, but you cannot see them unless He chooses that you do. That is His mercy, because man would go mad from fear if he saw the true condition of this realm without His Spirit to buffer the blow.

Obviously, when someone is battling demonic possession, the battle is seen, sometimes the entity itself is seen and not just heard or experienced in some other way, but there are also spiritual things that can be seen besides that, if He permits it for His reasons. It's still always about Him, He is sovereign, and it should not be anyone's focus, but rather a reaction from your walk with Him as He leads you. Peace
Poor, sad, deluded little person trying to puff herself up.

May you one day awaken and find the fortitude to face yourself and all the wrong that you have done.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:00 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor, sad, deluded little person trying to puff herself up.

May you one day awaken and find the fortitude to face yourself and all the wrong that you have done.
wait Rib is a girl?

Old 10-18-2016, 09:24 PM

In the flesh, lol....Peace

Old 10-18-2016, 11:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
In the flesh, lol....Peace
Can I tell?

Old 10-19-2016, 12:38 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Quote:
First of all, you mistakenly think I'm lifting MYSELF up by having special knowledge. There is nothing special about me. What I have is wisdom from His Spirit, given by His Spirit, and since I have been freely given, I freely give. It glorifies HIM, not me, I did nothing to earn it, save diligently search as instructed to do so. You were not sent by G-d to me, that is exalting YOURSELF. And I am not in biblical idolatry and if I was, believe me when I tell you He would make it known to me, as I have always been on a short leash, because to whom much is given, much is expected.

When I read for the first time, that He gives wisdom LIBERALLY to all those that ask Him for it, I asked. And the first thing I did was acknowledge that I knew NOTHING, laid down all preconceived ideas and asked His Spirit to teach me, also another scripture I believed, and then I devoted every waking minute of the first 2 years to study in both languages, asking His SPIRIT to guide me. It took about 3 months of dogged diligence before I realized, HE WAS.

Your problem is, you don't believe He teaches anyone, and you think by searching the writings of pseudo Christian philosophers you can make yourself wise. Well, it doesn't work that way. The way up with G-d is the way down, and the way down is the way up. Until you humble yourself to receive Him AND HIS WORD, on HIS TERMS, you will remain as a pup chasing it's tail. Start by being baptized in His Spirit. Peace
You prayed (past tense) for wisdom. I pray each night for an opportunity to help someone else in any way I can. That's praying to be God's servant alive and living in the world. You prayed for what you think exalts YOU. That is why you have all the "secret" "deep" mysticism of Scripture.

Yet all you need to do is learn to Love God and Love others. That's what he taught me after spending years trying to find the secrets in Scripture. Whatever "mysticism" there is in Scripture is simply a method of avoiding the two Great Commandments. Because to accomplish both of those should take all your heart, mind, and soul. If you really love God and others like that you couldn't have time left over for "figuring" out "deep" thoughts of Scripture. It's simply a fundamentalist attempt to control others because YOU have a "secret" source unavailable to anyone else.

If you think God gave YOU special wisdom, what is to prevent Him from burdening me with enlightening you about your abandonment of what He calls the two Great Commandments--because you have. It is completely hypocritical in your post to brag that He gave you wisdom and at the same time deny He would speak to me or anyone else.

Your claim is that God speaks to you, but He would never speak to Bonhoeffer or Bultmann, or Barth, or Kierkegaard. That god is certainly very exclusive. Mine is inclusive. And I don't wave hubris around stating God speaks to no one else. I listen because God is just as willing to speak through someone else as me--and especially those who spent their entire lives studying Jesus.
Quote:
“When reason has followed its road to the end, the point of crisis is reached and man is brought to the great question mark over his own existence.”
Rudolf Karl Bultmann, Faith and Understanding
Quote:
It is always the case that when the Christian looks back, he is looking for the forgiveness of sins.
Karl Barth Quotes - BrainyQuote
Quote:
“I am convinced that God is love, this thought has for me a primitive lyrical validity. When it is present to me, I am unspeakably blissful, when it is absent, I long for it more vehemently than does the lover for his object.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling
Quote:
"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUy3yaSd9b0

Old 10-19-2016, 04:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
Quote:
You ever have a "perception" grab your wrist or your leg, or scratch your leg, or pull all the spark plug wires off your car while you're driving it? Or see 2 kids levitate 2 feet off the ground, or a woman move like a snake with no bones across the floor? I have and worse, and so have many of my friends who were engaged by the Lord to deal with them. They are real "supernatural" beings who have an agenda; kill, steal and destroy, just like their master.

They are capable of taking form and have the strength of ten men. My first "perception" tried to possess my best friend. I saw it. The reason most people don't is because it takes Him to open your spiritual eyes to see spiritual things, and in His mercy, He spares people seeing what is all around until they are either in deep trouble from entertaining them and their thoughts, or they are spiritually mature enough to deal with them for the benefit of others who are not.

There has always been a war going on, the reason we are given spiritual armor is because of that war. Peace
One day I want to go to a psilocybin party.

You have a fascinating life there mlady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity