Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 06:49 PM

950 posts, read 692,665 times

Advertisements

In Mark chapter five is an account of a demon-possessed man. In the Exorcism, in response to Jesus, the Possessed identifies himself,or should I say, themselves, as "Legion," meaning that the man is possessed by a large multitude of demons.
My question is-- does this explain the strange phenomenon of the Multiple Personality, such as the famous Eve White or other MPs who have up to twenty or more separate personalities?

Also, now that the television series, The Exorcist, premiered on tv last week, I want to know if the original 1973 movie was factually based? It is said to be based on an actual true-life case of Exorcism. Of course, there some embellishments, as usually happens in most movies. So in the movie, what were the embellishments and which aspects were true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 06:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
It does to me, but it depends on who you talk to, obviously.

You'd have to read about it online, I can't tell you what embellishments were added, but I remember reading that it was actually a boy and not a girl.

I've participated in them (not Catholic ones) and I can tell you that real possessions DO happen, usually as a result of dabbling in some form of the occult, or their paren'ts dabbling in it. I've seen little girls raised up two feet off the floor, and a man whose eye pupils changed to snake like slits, and another man whose previously flat stomach swelled instantly like he had swallowed a basketball, and a woman who slithered across the floor without using her arms or legs. These things were witnessed by several people, and it's no joke. Peace

Old 10-01-2016, 07:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
since the satan character is imaginary, it highly probable that any kind of possession is also imaginary. Unless you count "addiction" and that too is all in he mind...

Old 10-01-2016, 07:11 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
since the satan character is imaginary, it highly probable that any kind of possession is also imaginary. Unless you count "addiction" and that too is all in he mind...

Yeah, no doubt Yeshua missed out on knowing that, as did the disciples He sent out who came back shocked that even the devils were subject to them, as did the admonition that these things follow them that believe, they SHALL cast out devils. In fact, Yeshua saying that today and tomorrow (two 1000 year days) He (in believers) would do cures and cast out devils, was probably just another error on His part, as was Him rebuking Satan who managed to get Peter to agree with him and spoke out of his mouth what Satan wanted said.

If you take out just one part, everything falls apart and you have an incomplete picture devoid of the whole truth. Peace

Old 10-01-2016, 08:27 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Do you think Elisha showing men a spiritual army was literal?

Skip..

Don't answer.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yeah, no doubt Yeshua missed out on knowing that, as did the disciples He sent out who came back shocked that even the devils were subject to them, as did the admonition that these things follow them that believe, they SHALL cast out devils. In fact, Yeshua saying that today and tomorrow (two 1000 year days) He (in believers) would do cures and cast out devils, was probably just another error on His part, as was Him rebuking Satan who managed to get Peter to agree with him and spoke out of his mouth what Satan wanted said.

If you take out just one part, everything falls apart and you have an incomplete picture devoid of the whole truth. Peace
If one takes the mythological bible as absolute truth, one had better beat a few plowshares into swords ans start looking for giant locusts in the sky.

And they have probably had a few conversations with snakes and donkeys as well like a real life Dr, Doolittle...

Old 10-01-2016, 09:47 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
If one takes the mythological bible as absolute truth, one had better beat a few plowshares into swords ans start looking for giant locusts in the sky.

And they have probably had a few conversations with snakes and donkeys as well like a real life Dr, Doolittle...
You ready?

Old 10-02-2016, 03:46 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Schizophrenia disorder does have demonic attraction as people are susceptible to the manipulation of these spirits ...... Jesus said these demons will only come up with prayer and fasting , as these people need to confess Jesus and ask Jesus to cleanse them of these spirits , where some may be so loony they cannot not ask Jesus , or the demons in these people will deny Jesus where faith is lost to help .....

Old 10-02-2016, 03:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
In Mark chapter five is an account of a demon-possessed man. In the Exorcism, in response to Jesus, the Possessed identifies himself,or should I say, themselves, as "Legion," meaning that the man is possessed by a large multitude of demons.
My question is-- does this explain the strange phenomenon of the Multiple Personality, such as the famous Eve White or other MPs who have up to twenty or more separate personalities?

Also, now that the television series, The Exorcist, premiered on tv last week, I want to know if the original 1973 movie was factually based? It is said to be based on an actual true-life case of Exorcism. Of course, there some embellishments, as usually happens in most movies. So in the movie, what were the embellishments and which aspects were true?
its a broken brain. Can we fix a broken brain? maybe yes, maybe no. Can a brain fix itself? Not likely, but people get better all the time and doctors have no idea why.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You ready?
always..If God is for us, who can be against us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity