Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:26 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,287 times

Advertisements

We are called to "change," and one constant that we all have in common is being affected by change. But have you, or essentially your beliefs--as distinct from your faith--changed lately? Have they changed at all, from your public confession? You might just go and ask those close to you, but this is a difficult conversation. I suggest that you should, and do, get indications from your peers when/if you have changed, although these may be subtle; and that a lack of these should be examined.

Do you even need to change?
Why do you need to change?
How do you need to change?
How have you changed in the last year?
Has this change been remarked upon, even if the remark was non-verbal?

I guess i should insert an appropriate verse here, but a search of "change" in the NT

Bible Search: change NT

is really too rich to just pick one imo, even though i'm going to anyway

For you know that even when he afterward desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for a change of mind though he sought it.

They never change, who don't fear God.
(OT)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 01:14 PM

i meant "...since your public confession."

Old 10-12-2016, 01:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
A transformation by the continual renewal of the mind is how i see change brought about. What is a renewed mind ? ...... someone who confesses the bible is the inerrant infallible word of God?..... i think not. Even abiding in the love is does not mean we arrived, because i personally do not think we have scratched the surface of the love of God.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:23 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,049,328 times
I used to care.. but things have changed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo

But seriously actually I have changed, the Lord has changed me so much over the past 4-5 years.. it's truly one of the greatest proofs of His ressurection, so many renewed lives over all the centuries. He completely renewed my life and heart from the inside aswell as the outside.. I am one that used to love all kinds of sin and chased it with vigour and the Lord graciously has molded me into a person that hates sin and chases after Jesus Christ as much as my weak heart can carry me and the Lord gives me strength for. And I think Bob Dylan came to faith in 1978 or something aswell by the way - just as a irrelevant sidenote - I think he subtly warns people for the coming destruction in his music.. though sadly not nearly as clear and open in sharing the Gospel as he was at one time.. guess things have changed

Old 10-13-2016, 12:59 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
We are called to "change," and one constant that we all have in common is being affected by change. But have you, or essentially your beliefs--as distinct from your faith--changed lately? Have they changed at all, from your public confession? You might just go and ask those close to you, but this is a difficult conversation. I suggest that you should, and do, get indications from your peers when/if you have changed, although these may be subtle; and that a lack of these should be examined.

I guess i should insert an appropriate verse here, but a search of "change" in the NT

For you know that even when he afterward desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for a change of mind though he sought it.

(OT)
Why not post all of the Chapter in its richness.
How long shall the believers suffer the synagogue of Satan that temps the believers to blasphemy?

And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

9 Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.

10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.

11 Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.

12 And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,

13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:

14 For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.

15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:16 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:

(OT)
Yes

Old 10-13-2016, 01:29 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:

(OT)
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake.

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
I had an astounding spiritual conversion experience, and I literally changed overnight. It was so dramatic that my immediate family members were also converted within 6 weeks, because they KNEW something had happened. And I have continued to walk with Him, and changing is part of growth, so yes. Peace

Old 10-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I used to care.. but things have changed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo

But seriously actually I have changed, the Lord has changed me so much over the past 4-5 years.. it's truly one of the greatest proofs of His ressurection, so many renewed lives over all the centuries. He completely renewed my life and heart from the inside aswell as the outside.. I am one that used to love all kinds of sin and chased it with vigour and the Lord graciously has molded me into a person that hates sin and chases after Jesus Christ as much as my weak heart can carry me and the Lord gives me strength for. And I think Bob Dylan came to faith in 1978 or something aswell by the way - just as a irrelevant sidenote - I think he subtly warns people for the coming destruction in his music.. though sadly not nearly as clear and open in sharing the Gospel as he was at one time.. guess things have changed
ha, well to be fair there, it is easy to judge, but perhaps that change led him to a much wider audience, that those might discover his already amply recorded belief in train a'comin, who knows.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I had an astounding spiritual conversion experience, and I literally changed overnight. It was so dramatic that my immediate family members were also converted within 6 weeks, because they KNEW something had happened. And I have continued to walk with Him, and changing is part of growth, so yes. Peace
how long ago was that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity