Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 08:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times

Advertisements

God says:
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, Ephesians 5:25
Imagine that!
The Church was the highest of priority and mattered the most to Jesus. In fact Jesus had nothing but agape love for the Church.

And you women are to be held in the same high regard by us men.

-------------------------------

God says:
Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Colossians 3:19
Imagine that!
Not only do you matter so much that we would show a self-sacrificing love, we are told to be gentile.

---------------------------------
And is God of the NT teaches the same in the OT? ABSOLUTLY !!

Read Proverbs 31.

You're more precious than jewels Proverbs 31:10
A man's heart trusts you Proverbs 31:11
You dress yourself in strength, your arms are strong Proverbs 31:17
"She opens her hand to the poor
and reaches out her hands to the needy.
" Proverbs 31:20
Because of you are the Christian man is known Proverbs 31:22
You have wisdom and kindness when you speak Proverbs 31:26
You ...
"look well to the ways of her household" Proverbs 31:27
Your children
" rise up and call her blessed " Proverbs 31:27
Men too rise up and give you praise:
“Many women have done excellently,
but you surpass them all.” Proverbs 31:29
God of the OT declares:
"a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30
What high praise from the God of the OT & NT !! .... you really do matter to God and us men (especially of the men from Christian right).

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-29-2016 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 09:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Old 10-29-2016, 10:42 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Tell me more about these beautiful strong women.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Tell me more about these beautiful strong women.
Ok: "11A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint."

Old 10-29-2016, 11:15 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Ok: "11A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint."
that's always the one that gets pulled out, huh. There is an interpretation that suggests Paul was addressing a social attitude that had arisen in that church, and he was admonishing "chattering" before teaching, and untoward challenging of the Apostle during the teaching; as opposed to like the Mennonite way, wherein anyone is invited to expand.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
that's always the one that gets pulled out, huh. There is an interpretation that suggests Paul was addressing a social attitude that had arisen in that church, and he was admonishing "chattering" before teaching, and untoward challenging of the Apostle during the teaching; as opposed to like the Mennonite way, wherein anyone is invited to expand.
There may be any number of interpretations, but guess what fundamentalists have to say?

Old 10-29-2016, 11:23 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times
Quote:
There may be any number of interpretations, but guess what fundamentalists have to say?
ya, lol. i think there's even a way to dis black people with Scripture, if one tries hard enough. They got Cain's mark? lol

Old 10-30-2016, 12:04 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:

Different version that I am used to reading.
But still the same meaning when understood with tradition.

Nateswift what do you know about childbearing?
Are you a woman posting this scripture?

Old 10-30-2016, 12:21 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
I don't need a book to know God loves me.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Different version that I am used to reading.
But still the same meaning when understood with tradition.

Nateswift what do you know about childbearing?
Are you a woman posting this scripture?
Does childbearing have anything to do with intellectual or talent capabilities? The people who post and rely on that scripture to shackle the capabilities of women are not usaully women.

I always remember the Quaker lady's response to being confronted with that scripture: "Thee knows, Friend, that Paul was no Quaker." I think it had something to do with the concept of continuing revelation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity