Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 02:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I said it for the benefit of those who think "rejecting Jesus" has dire consequences. God doesn't care.
and you that to be a demonic lie for God does care because it does have dire consequences.
"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."
~ Jesus

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words;
the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."
~ Jesus

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 02:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
and you that to be a demonic lie for God does care because it does have dire consequences.
"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."
~ Jesus

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words;
the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."
~ Jesus

If God is going to condemn someone to an eternity of hellfire because that someone doesn't believe a storybook written by dozens of unknown authors thousands of years ago - he is demonic.

On top of being narcissistic, psychotic and dumb as a post.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:37 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No one has the ability to condemn others. The Bible is available to almost all peoples-no need to rely on someone's interpretation. Many people here have rejected Jesus.
Perhaps you are one of those many who have rejected Jesus and you just don't realize it.

Matthew Chapter 7
…21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

How do you know Jesus might not say this to you?

Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If God is going to condemn someone to an eternity of hellfire because that someone doesn't believe a storybook written by dozens of unknown authors thousands of years ago - he is demonic.

That pretty much covers it.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
The only source we have for Jesus is the Bible. If one rejects what the Bible says about Jesus, they reject Him.
Why do you NOT believe the New Covenant instituted by Jesus, jimmie???

Old 12-08-2016, 03:07 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
The bible is a record of what various people said about various things, including about Jesus. So, yeah, it IS listening to what someone else said.

Please, who here has met the man, Jesus, and rejected him? I'd like to read that story.
The Bible is the only record we have of who Jesus was and what He said and did. If you reject that Jesus, you reject Jesus.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I said it for the benefit of those who think "rejecting Jesus" has dire consequences. God doesn't care.
How do you know that?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:10 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
The Bible is the only record we have of who Jesus was and what He said and did. If you reject that Jesus, you reject Jesus.
Strange, I thought we had JESUS? My bad, guess he really is DEAD...

Old 12-08-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

I'm not Catholic, but this is spot on.

Doesn

Old 12-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Perhaps you are one of those many who have rejected Jesus and you just don't realize it.

Matthew Chapter 7
…21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

How do you know Jesus might not say this to you?
Because I have done Romans 10:9-10. How do you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity