Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:59 AM

45 posts, read 25,950 times

Advertisements

Anyone who already baptize but not received a gift of Holy Spirit, then read this:

In name of Jesus Christ, casts out demons out of my body. (Matthew 8:28-34)
In name of Jesus Christ, remove my sins from me for forgiveness. (Matthew 26:28)
Now, I get a gift of Holy Spirit. (Act 2:38)
I also receive 9 fruits of Spirit, (Galatians 5:22-23) wisdom, and understanding. (Act 17:11).

If you sense Holy Spirit and Fire then you are done received the blessing from God through Jesus. Start read whole New Testimonial in Bible then OT as your Bible is a bread of Life that you need to eat (read) the slice of bread (God's words) daily.

Those who don't sense the "wind," means they need to work on to repent (give up bad habits and start new habits), which take time to let go the old habits. New habits is obey God's commands.

God Bless you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 10:55 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Cool story!

Old 02-10-2017, 02:44 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Yes God expects all people who repent and believe the receive His gifts ..............I remember years ago when I got confirmed baptism , and I don`t recall anything about repent of sin when we had confirmation classes , and I don`t believe anyone got saved from that time in that old church

Old 02-14-2017, 05:03 AM

My blessing is no longer work. so you won't sense any "spirit" due to i was sin, again. I relapse from sinless due to a simple action of unfriend someone on Facebook without a blessing from God. Wow, I am learning to abide God's commands me, means that I have to ask before any action I take. Well, see I am becoming a slave to God, but it is rewarding and lot of work, too, like Paul had to go through. I want to remove my (this) post. If I could, please, tell me how.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes God expects all people who repent and believe the receive His gifts ..............I remember years ago when I got confirmed baptism , and I don`t recall anything about repent of sin when we had confirmation classes , and I don`t believe anyone got saved from that time in that old church
perhaps you should ask god and see that the answer is quite different? Salvation is NOT dependent on WHO is doing the baptism, but on the PERSON'S heart who is being baptized...

Old 05-01-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
perhaps you should ask god and see that the answer is quite different? Salvation is NOT dependent on WHO is doing the baptism, but on the PERSON'S heart who is being baptized...
Repent, faith, believe, trust and love that many people don't really get it. I tried to level down to them and I was going nowhere (God's wrath on me for not listen to Him) while they having a life because of they don't know God, yet, even they are in any one of religions, because of ignorance till they know then problems will arise unless abide God's approval. (Deut 30, copy and paste below from biblegateway.com also read the last two books of OT to see what I am talking about.) Only need to baptism once in name of Jesus Christ our Lord, however, those who can talks to Lord via Holy Spirit are the one have authorization of will give proper teaching of ensures the person who about to get it baptize will understand fully responsible (homework for life for eternal) via confirming it with Lord through Holy Spirit. Repent is where a lot of leaders of religions failed to educate us about must know God's laws like the back of our hand so that we can obey. With our mind and heart marked with God's words (like pharmacists must know all pills, drugs, and medication as sometimes they are licensed to rebuke conflicts between two as may lead to dangers side effects that the doctor, who prescribed it didn't know or forgot if so) then we are free from sins. If done read the whole the Bible of OT, then you should know that Lord learned lessons after one after one failed till Abraham came to do more greater via Moses' time to marked in history till Jesus became the third Temple where no longer need the building in Jerusalem to burnt lamb for asking Lord for forgivingness. Faith means one who obey and follow Lord's commands. Believe means the same thing as faith as doing what Jesus said that eat daily bread as the bread is God's laws, which literally (I am being the hypocrite now) means get to know God via reading the Bible. So with trust and love God don't mean don't have to know about God's laws. Hope this is helpful, and why I showed the whole chapter because instead of a verse because it is very dangerous to us to use one verse out of context which really typically twisted God's words cuz God will punish those who are doing it. Always read the full context of a verse before you speak of it. Because it tend to look and sound right when out of context but as with the whole context become conflicts. I dislike anyone using out of context unless using with the whole context.

"Deuteronomy 30 [-] Names of God Bible (NOG)

30 All these blessings and curses I have spoken about will happen to you. Take them to heart when you are among all the nations where Yahweh your Elohim will scatter you. 2 If you and your children return to Yahweh your Elohim and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul, doing everything I command you today, 3 he will restore your fortunes. He will have mercy on you and gather you from all the nations of the world where Yahweh your Elohim will scatter you. 4 Even if you are scattered to the most distant country in the world, Yahweh your Elohim will gather you and bring you back from there. 5 Yahweh your Elohim will bring you to the land your ancestors owned. You will take possession of it, and Yahweh will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors were.

6 Yahweh your Elohim will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants. You will love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul, and you will live. 7 Then Yahweh your Elohim will put all these curses on your enemies, those who hate you and persecute you. 8 You will again obey Yahweh and follow all his commands that I’m giving you today. 9 Yahweh your Elohim will give you many blessings in everything you do: You will have many children. Your animals will have many offspring. Your soil will produce many crops. Yahweh will again delight in making you as prosperous as he made your ancestors. 10 He will do this if you obey Yahweh your Elohim and follow his commands and laws that are written in this Book of Teachings and return to Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul.

11 This command I’m giving you today isn’t too hard for you or beyond your reach. 12 It’s not in heaven. You don’t have to ask, “Who will go to heaven to get this command for us so that we can hear it and obey it?†13 This command isn’t on the other side of the sea. You don’t have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it for us so that we can hear it and obey it?†14 No, these words are very near you. They’re in your mouth and in your heart so that you will obey them.

Choose between Life and Death
15 Today I offer you life and prosperity or death and destruction. 16 This is what I’m commanding you today: Love Yahweh your Elohim, follow his directions, and obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, your population will increase, and Yahweh your Elohim will bless you in the land that you’re about to enter and take possession of.

17 But your hearts might turn away, and you might not listen. You might be tempted to bow down to other gods and worship them. 18 If you do, I tell you today that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live for a long time in the land that you’re going to take possession of when you cross the Jordan River.

19 I call on heaven and earth as witnesses today that I have offered you life or death, blessings or curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants will live. 20 Love Yahweh your Elohim, obey him, and be loyal to him. This will be your way of life, and it will mean a long life for you[a] in the land that Yahweh swore to give to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Footnotes: [a] Deuteronomy 30:20 Or “He is your life, and he will let you live for a long time.â€
Names of God Bible (NOG)
The Names of God Bible (without notes) © 2011 by Baker Publishing Group.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:26 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPearse View Post
Anyone who already baptize but not received a gift of Holy Spirit, then read this:

In name of Jesus Christ, casts out demons out of my body. (Matthew 8:28-34)
In name of Jesus Christ, remove my sins from me for forgiveness. (Matthew 26:28)
Now, I get a gift of Holy Spirit. (Act 2:38)
I also receive 9 fruits of Spirit, (Galatians 5:22-23) wisdom, and understanding. (Act 17:11).

If you sense Holy Spirit and Fire then you are done received the blessing from God through Jesus. Start read whole New Testimonial in Bible then OT as your Bible is a bread of Life that you need to eat (read) the slice of bread (God's words) daily.

Those who don't sense the "wind," means they need to work on to repent (give up bad habits and start new habits), which take time to let go the old habits. New habits is obey God's commands.

God Bless you all.
God bless you too.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:14 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I believe that the physical things pointed to the reality .... we are not to go back to the physical signs (being dunked in water) but to partake of Jesus baptism death and resurrection

Roman 6 talks about this spirit over carnal nature, good over evil

Old 05-01-2017, 03:50 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I believe that the physical things pointed to the reality .... we are not to go back to the physical signs (being dunked in water) but to partake of Jesus baptism death and resurrection

Roman 6 talks about this spirit over carnal nature, good over evil

Have you noticed everyone seems to be either one or the other in opinion? What's wrong with doing both? It's just making heaven/spirit and earth/flesh come into agreement/covenant. Peace

Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Have you noticed everyone seems to be either one or the other in opinion? What's wrong with doing both? It's just making heaven/spirit and earth/flesh come into agreement/covenant. Peace
I have said in other threads that I believe if you treat what is meant spiritually/metaphorically said using physical types with the physical you get doctrines that are not correct then it snowballs into more and more error like eternal torment, trinity etc

Christianity is very divided ...... I dont see that we should mix the spirit and flesh, heaven is meant to rule earth .......

When God made his covenant he did not say this is what I think and I will hear what you want then we will come to a decision about what should happen, He said I am God and you will love me ONLY and you will love your neighbor

I noticed this and think it is relevant

Deu 17:14 When you come into the land which Jehovah your God is giving to you, and have possessed it, and settled in it; and you shall say, Let me set a king over me like all the nations around me,
Deu 17:15 then you shall certainly set a king over you. You may not give an alien the rule over you, one who is not your brother.
Deu 17:16 Only, he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to turn back to Egypt so as to multiply horses, since Jehovah has said to you, You shall not again return in this way any more.
Deu 17:17 And he shall not multiply wives to himself, and his heart shall not turn aside. And he shall not greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
Deu 17:18 And it shall be, when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, he shall write for himself a copy of this Law in a book, from before the priests, the Levites.
Deu 17:19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear Jehovah your God, to keep all the Words of this Law and these statutes, to do them;
Deu 17:20 so that his heart may not be lifted up above his brothers, and that he may not turn aside from the commandment, to the right or to the left; so that he may prolong his days over his kingdom, he and his sons in the midst of Israel.

1Co 15:20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead; He became the firstfruit of those having fallen asleep.
1Co 15:21 For since death is through man, also through a Man is a resurrection of the dead;
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But each in his own order: Christ, the firstfruit; afterward those of Christ at His coming.
1Co 15:24 Then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father, when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.

Rev 2:26 And the one overcoming, and the one keeping My works until the end, "I will give to him authority over the nations,"
Rev 2:27 and "He will shepherd them with an iron staff" (they are "broken to pieces like clay vessels"), as I also have received from My Father. Psa. 2:8, 9

That was relevant to Israel when they asked for a king and also Christianity wanting a king

It seems to me Christianity has elevated the king to being God and that is breaking commandment #1

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-01-2017 at 05:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity