Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 02:26 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
QUESTION: You've just opened up an interesting theological question.

If we are to believe that God is perfect, He cannot be less than perfect as a creator, can He? But if His created "mother nature" is imperfect, than isn't God imperfect as a creator?

Might someone want to start a thread to discuss this (theological) question?
God IS NOT the beginning
The beginning was khaos and anarchy.

God IS the end-point toward which all life is being drawn.
As civilization drives out anarchy, all life is gradually being drawn into a single body with God as the head

The first men were not domesticated.
Overtime man gradually domesticated himself.
I don't know how long this took but by the time of Adam man was fully domesticated and civilization took off.

In the next phase of mans evolution man gradually became adapted to living in Civilization. Man passed through 6 phases.
Gold, silver, copper, bronze, iron, diamond
Infinite, finite (strong), finite (moderate), finite (weak), infinitesimal, zero

The men of the diamond age had zero egos and were therefore beings of perfect logic (logos/Dhanvantari)

Daniel 2:
“You, O king, were watching as a great statue—one of impressive size and extraordinary brightness—was standing before you. Its appearance caused alarm. As for that statue, its head was of fine gold, its chest and arms were of silver, its belly and thighs were of bronze. Its legs were of iron; its feet were partly of iron and partly of clay. You were watching as a stone (diamond) was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its iron and clay feet, breaking them in pieces. Then the iron, clay, bronze, silver, and gold were broken in pieces without distinction and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors that the wind carries away. Not a trace of them could be found. But the diamond that struck the statue became a great mountain (moon?) that filled the entire earth.

Revelation 21:
One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high (Olympus), and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Which has nothing to do with the alleged original sin. I was born into a culture of women who understand that men made up original sin for the purposes of control.
so I will try it this way .. you are going to die ! why because your flesh is fallen.. before you get a new shiny one you have to die because the one you got is broken , fallen and corrupted, we are just a shadow of humanities former self ! Because we did die that day and wee been a sock puppet for someone or something ever since that DAY BECAUSE OUR INSIDES IS EMPTY. SO IF you have a new shiny one waiting on the other side of death is the only QUESTION you have to ask both yourself and then God and then His Son.... but not until after repenting for your falseness and falleness in mind and body heart and soul . thus your corruption and then agreeing with God in all OTHER things BECAUSE HE IS LIFE AND YOU ARE NOT OF IT .. Then you can have a new and shiny one after the corrupted one dies . BYE!

PS HE NEVER PROMISED TO SAVE ANYONES FLESH WHY ? HE ONLY PROMISES TO RAISE HIS PEOPLE FROM THE DEAD , BECAUSE IT IS ALL BROKEN THE STUFFING AND ALL OF IT AND SO YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE FROM THE ONLY CAN MAKE NEW ONES !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-13-2017 at 01:04 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 12:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
so I will try it this way .. you are going to die ! why because your flesh is fallen.. before you get a new shiny one you have to die because the one you got is broken , fallen and corrupted, we are just a shadow of humanities former self ! Because we did die that day and wee been a sock puppet for someone or something ever since that DAY BECAUSE OUR INSIDES IS EMPTY. SO IF you have a new shiny one waiting on the other side of death is the only QUESTION you have to ask both yourself and then God and then His Son.... but not until after repenting for your falseness and falleness in mind and body heart and soul . thus your corruption and then agreeing with God in all OTHER things BECAUSE HE IS LIFE AND YOU ARE NOT OF IT .. Then you can have a new and shiny one after the corrupted one dies . BYE!

PS HE NEVER PROMISED TO SAVE ANYONES FLESH WHY ? HE ONLY PROMISES TO RAISE HIS PEOPLE FROM THE DEAD , BECAUSE IT IS ALL BROKEN THE STUFF AND ALL AND YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE!
Again. This has nothing to do with alleged original sin.

My body serves me well. It has the patina of age and it suits me. I am not interested in a shiny new body.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:11 PM

that is what original sin is .. death is the proof fallen and Risen and ressurrected is the proof of another LIFE to come. MY native ancestors have been waiting for the risen then the a new shiny one a long time.. but the rest THAT IS YOUR CHOICE! and so the one you got will be the last body you get.

Personally I want a new shiny one that lives forever and run fast again and I been working on the stuffings for it with the Author of life for a long time. I seriously have wanted some new and shiny.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:17 PM

check out the story of Lady Cofitachiqui .. check out her
" temple" of human bones . see if you can find how large the building is . They have spent ages and eions waiting for any one of those of their greatest men to raise from the dead and then they would all get new bodies. They were serious about the risen and that new and shiny part too .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-13-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
that is what original sin is .. death is the proof fallen and Risen is the proof of another LIFE to come. MY native ancestors have been waiting for a new shiny one a long time.. but the rest THAT IS YOUR CHOICE! and so the one you got will be the last body you get.

Personally I want a new shiny one that lives forever and run fast again and I been working on the stuffings for it with the Author of life for a long time. I seriously have wanted some new and shiny.
Feel free to carry the burden of ancient sin. But, make the most of what you have, now. .

Old 02-15-2017, 06:17 AM

692 posts, read 375,453 times
Default Augustine's original sin ("in quo") blunder.

The 4th century Church Father Augustine unfortunately didn't read Greek and used an Old Latin New Testament translation in which Romans contained the words "in quo" (in whom) not found in the original text. This has now been corrected in most Bibles.

Augustine's teachings were considered always to be correct.

The (infallible) ecumenical Council of Trent proclaimed that:

2. If any one asserts, that the prevarication of Adam injured himself alone, and not his posterity; and that the holiness and justice, received of God, which he lost, he lost for himself alone, and not for us also; or that he, being defiled by the sin of disobedience, has only transfused death, and pains of the body, into the whole human race, but not sin also, which is the death of the soul; let him be anathema:--whereas he contradicts the apostle who says; By one man sin entered into the world, and by sin death, and so death passed upon all men, in whom all have sinned.

Thus everyone was born guilty of and "stained" by original sin.

Last edited by Aristotles child; 02-15-2017 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-15-2017, 08:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
The 4th century Church Father Augustine unfortunately didn't read Greek and used an Old Latin New Testament translation in which Romans contained the words "in quo" (in whom) not found in the original text. This has now been corrected in most Bibles.

Augustine's teachings were considered always to be correct.

The (infallible) ecumenical Council of Trent proclaimed that:

2. If any one asserts, that the prevarication of Adam injured himself alone, and not his posterity; and that the holiness and justice, received of God, which he lost, he lost for himself alone, and not for us also; or that he, being defiled by the sin of disobedience, has only transfused death, and pains of the body, into the whole human race, but not sin also, which is the death of the soul; let him be anathema:--whereas he contradicts the apostle who says; By one man sin entered into the world, and by sin death, and so death passed upon all men, in whom all have sinned.

Thus everyone was born guilty of and "stained" by original sin.
The relevant passage is Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:58 AM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Again. This has nothing to do with alleged original sin.
My body serves me well. It has the patina of age and it suits me. I am not interested in a shiny new body.
Since we all get sick and die ( <- by-product of sin ) then original sin is more than alleged.
ALL the people Jesus' resurrected had happy-and-healthy physical bodies.
Jesus' resurrections were giving us a preview, or coming attraction, of what he will be doing for the dead on a grand-global scale resurrecting them back to life during his coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.

What is unique about our age, or time frame, is that we are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth among the living. Those whom Jesus' judges as upright or righteous ones can remain alive on Earth, and continue living on Earth, right into calendar Day One of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth. - Matthew 25:31-33,37
Then, our bodies will serve us 'better then well' because the righteous ones can gain perfectly healthy physical ' everlasting life ' on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since we all get sick and die ( <- by-product of sin ) ...snip...
This is not true.

Everything that lives corporeally has an ending. Do hummingbirds sin? How about penguins? Does an oak tree lie? Does a giraffe cheat?

They all age, sicken and die.

Just as we age, sicken and die.

Original sin is a monstrous, evil lie. The sooner people realize that, the happier and more fulfilling their lives will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity