Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:19 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times

Advertisements

It is clear that many people do not like fundamentalist Muslims.

But what about nominal Muslims? Those people who were raised in the religion of Islam, but are only there because of that tradition and upbringing. Liberal Muslims who don't believe in the supernatural beliefs of the Muslim heaven and hell, but who do believe in one universal God who is the same as the God that Jews and Unitarians believe in, essentially.

I believe that many fundamentalist Muslims will convert to fundamentalist Christianity. But the same could be also true of liberal Muslims "converting" to a liberal Christian church.

What do you think of these non-fundamentalist Muslims? Do you see them as any kind of threat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
I think people are people. For the most part, leaders screw the pooch.

The muslim religion is one of the most dangerous ideologies today,
second only to far left liberalism.

that'll change. It always does.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:07 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

But what about nominal Muslims? Those people who were raised in the religion of Islam, but are only there because of that tradition and upbringing. Liberal Muslims who don't believe in the supernatural beliefs of the Muslim heaven and hell, but who do believe in one universal God who is the same as the God that Jews and Unitarians believe in, essentially.

I believe that many fundamentalist Muslims will convert to fundamentalist Christianity. But the same could be also true of liberal Muslims "converting" to a liberal Christian church.

What do you think of these non-fundamentalist Muslims? Do you see them as any kind of threat?
No. They are not threats. They are just like the average Joe Religious in America....probably very nice people, just want to live life and get along.

The only real threat is if they do radicalize. Fundamentalist Islam is violent.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
No one really cares as long as people keep it to themselves. That goes for any religion.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Really? On what do you base this factless opinion on?

Old 03-04-2017, 02:42 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. They are not threats. They are just like the average Joe Religious in America....probably very nice people, just want to live life and get along.

Compared to fundamentalist christianity??

Old 03-04-2017, 02:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Compared to fundamentalist christianity??
yup,

fundy-mentals and milli-mentals are dangerous. I am not sure why people don't understand that myself.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:21 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Aren't you a Southern Baptist preacher? I would think that you would consider all nominally religious people to be dying in their sins pretty shortly. They may be nice people, but aren't they going to be entering the flames of Hell within a few years or decades?

Fundamentalists on the other hand, may be the dangerous ones, but they are also the ones who are more likely to convert to fundamentalist Christianity. Yet they are more dangerous in the meantime?

This attitude is one of the things that confuses me about fundamentalist Christians. It is why I don't understand them.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:14 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Radicalism in any form is pretty scary, the more "out there" Muslims would make me a bit nervous to be around them, but the same goes for Christians who are "out there."

The few Muslims I've gotten to know have been incredibly warm people.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:38 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,999,052 times
As a Catholic, I believe we all worship the one God.
But there are some fundamentalist Muslims, as there are Christians, who are very difficult to deal with, and have been indoctrinated with hate-filled and exlusivist propaganda.
The likes of ISIS and it's supporters, obviously being the most extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity