Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 01:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We all start out spiritually dead in the inherited sin of Adam......whether you think it's fair or not it's what the book says. So if we're "dead" spiritually with only our human spirit in operation how does God reach us for salvation?

All thoughts welcome.......back it with scripture of course......everything else is just opinion which isn't helpful...........
firstly, you have misunderstood sound doctrine.
Sin and deception are from the subtilty of Satan. Which is why the world hateth those who testify of it.
Before the begining of.
Time.

2 Timothy 1New International Version (NIV)

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,

2 To Timothy, my dear son:

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thanksgiving
3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Appeal for Loyalty to Paul and the Gospel
6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 04:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It does, when you throw the book at them.

One should be very worried if they are not listening to all that God said in the bible. Granted, trinity translations are filled with error, but by learning-ALL that Jesus taught and applying ALL that Jesus taught one can find truths.
God gave us his written word for all of us to live by daily. That is not much to ask for all of the wonderful things God has given us already and has promised for the future.
It is good to know both sides of the 2 edged sword that the bible is. Its a protection for our benefit.
I believe all that Love God and Love Jesus learn--every utterance from God as Jesus taught man-MUST live by them.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:26 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
One should be very worried if they are not listening to all that God said in the bible. Granted, trinity translations are filled with error, but by learning-ALL that Jesus taught and applying ALL that Jesus taught one can find truths.
God gave us his written word for all of us to live by daily. That is not much to ask for all of the wonderful things God has given us already and has promised for the future.
It is good to know both sides of the 2 edged sword that the bible is. Its a protection for our benefit.
I believe all that Love God and Love Jesus learn--every utterance from God as Jesus taught man-MUST live by them.
That is a very easy thing to say in general, but this is just not reality when it is directly applied to scripture that people do not believe because they do not want to believe.

If somebody is a biblical teacher then let him stand on the law and the prophets, and even if he has cast out the entire law and the prophets, let him stand on the words of Jesus, and if he can't stand on the words of Jesus, where does he draw the line in fantasy and reality.

I could quote Jesus over and over and it is going to contradict Christian over and over, but it doesn't bother them that I could quote Jesus and show how they are in direct contradiction with his words so much that they will say or do anything to prove Jesus wrong.

These sayings in general sound really nice, but it is not reality, Christians aren't going to agree with Jesus no matter if you try and defend the view of Jesus all day long, they will always choose what they want to believe and there is no doubt what happens after this. People are given over to their own beliefs.

No longer do they even think they are contradicting Jesus, they are so given over to their own imaginations that they actually think they are right because they think their end justifies the belief.

I would just be repeating myself over and over in quoting Jesus, it does no good at all when people have decided not to believe, I quote Jesus hoping that I would find one truthful person who reads what he reads and doesn't try to change the truth, a person who reads the words of Jesus, and then believes what Jesus actually says.

If we can't all agree to say that Jesus was correct, why are we even talking about Jesus?

Old 06-02-2017, 02:00 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is a very easy thing to say in general, but this is just not reality when it is directly applied to scripture that people do not believe because they do not want to believe.

If somebody is a biblical teacher then let him stand on the law and the prophets, and even if he has cast out the entire law and the prophets, let him stand on the words of Jesus, and if he can't stand on the words of Jesus, where does he draw the line in fantasy and reality.

I could quote Jesus over and over and it is going to contradict Christian over and over, but it doesn't bother them that I could quote Jesus and show how they are in direct contradiction with his words so much that they will say or do anything to prove Jesus wrong.

These sayings in general sound really nice, but it is not reality, Christians aren't going to agree with Jesus no matter if you try and defend the view of Jesus all day long, they will always choose what they want to believe and there is no doubt what happens after this. People are given over to their own beliefs.

No longer do they even think they are contradicting Jesus, they are so given over to their own imaginations that they actually think they are right because they think their end justifies the belief.

I would just be repeating myself over and over in quoting Jesus, it does no good at all when people have decided not to believe, I quote Jesus hoping that I would find one truthful person who reads what he reads and doesn't try to change the truth, a person who reads the words of Jesus, and then believes what Jesus actually says.

If we can't all agree to say that Jesus was correct, why are we even talking about Jesus?

I have gotten kicked out of a few trinity run sights for sharing what Jesus taught-- they reject Jesus over dogma everytime. It is very sad, that those teachers are lying to all of them, telling them they are saved or born again--yet they don't even know Jesus or what he taught.

Jesus never contradicts Christian.. Its false Christian that contradicts Jesus.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
The bible is filled with Gods judgements already. Sharing them does not make that one the judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It does, when you throw the book at them.
Quote:
One should be very worried if they are not listening to all that God said in the bible.
A person should be concerned, if they are a fitness fanatic.
I know a guy who could not scratch the back of his own head.

Although he appeared extremely strong, he had no flexibility.
You might say, he was stiff necked; and unwilling to change.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I have gotten kicked out of a few trinity run sights for sharing what Jesus taught-- they reject Jesus over dogma everytime. It is very sad, that those teachers are lying to all of them, telling them they are saved or born again--yet they don't even know Jesus or what he taught.

Jesus never contradicts Christian.. Its false Christian that contradicts Jesus.
I swear I don't know how so many people will say they are Christians and yet they live with contradiction after contradiction. All I ever wanted was the truth, and I don't care what the truth says, I just want the truth. If the truth said I had to move to Jamaica to begin a religion about weed, I would be there now toking, lol.

Just want the truth, and I can't live with contradiction. If Jesus says something, I believe it, and I am not going to rationalize why Jesus is wrong, I believe it.

99% of Christians do not believe what Jesus says.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:47 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I swear I don't know how so many people will say they are Christians and yet they live with contradiction after contradiction. All I ever wanted was the truth, and I don't care what the truth says, I just want the truth. If the truth said I had to move to Jamaica to begin a religion about weed, I would be there now toking, lol.

Just want the truth, and I can't live with contradiction. If Jesus says something, I believe it, and I am not going to rationalize why Jesus is wrong, I believe it.

99% of Christians do not believe what Jesus says.
That was me, too, Hanni. It just took me in a different direction than you, as I came to realize that since there were contradictions in the bible about the very nature of God, that meant I couldn't keep holding onto that as my foundation. While our paths are divergent, I appreciate that we are "kindred spirits" in that we both were basically forced to lay down our former beliefs in order to pursue truth.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That was me, too, Hanni. It just took me in a different direction than you, as I came to realize that since there were contradictions in the bible about the very nature of God, that meant I couldn't keep holding onto that as my foundation. While our paths are divergent, I appreciate that we are "kindred spirits" in that we both were basically forced to lay down our former beliefs in order to pursue truth.
That's all I judge a person for really, whether they have passion or not, whether they can stand on their convictions or not.

A man has to know his limits

And I really don't mind that you are going to burn in hell for an eternity with worms eating on your flesh going in and out of you every second for every day where there is no relief, and no water for you.

O yeah, you are so going to hell, but I am proud you stand on your convictions and follow your goals.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:52 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Lol

Old 06-05-2017, 12:04 PM

That isn't really a bad thing at all, I mean, the Jewish idioms used there is showing a saved person who is sent to the outer court just like me, just as I expect to find myself.

It is salvation but when compared to the people who receive the double portion of rain on Shemini Atzeret, they are seen as in fire BECAUSE they neither prayed for the rain on the conclusion day of Tabernacles, nor did they receive the rain on their seed so that their seed could die and bear fruit.

Their worm that never dies is an idiom to the seed that will never die because they didn't receive the promised rain. The rain puts out the fire in our flesh.

It doesn't mean they burn in hell for an eternity, it shows the difference between saved people who are greatly blessed, and other people who are extremely blessed, and it draws a comparison, and I don't believe this stops here in my opinion. I think there are old souls, and new souls, and while I don't believe everything said of Re Incarnation, I certainly believe that we never stop learning and that when we die, we will speak to those who we knew on earth and we will learn, we will live, and we will continue learning.

Revelation 3

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door, which no one can shut. For you have only a little strength, yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name. 9Look at those who belong to the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews but are liars instead. I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I love you. 10Because you have kept My command to endure with patience, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.…

I know it will be a difficult thing for most of you, but I promise, I wont make you bow down too low.

See, I will have compassion on you and say,'' Give me these Lord,'' and the Lord will give you to me that you may be called by my name and find shelter under my Sukkah, and I am sure the Lord will not me lose a one of you, as you will be in my right hand.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity