Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 12:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The symbolism and figurative language in the Bible explains the spiritual truths in a more understandable way. if you understand them. how we "press on to maturity." IMO one can't fully understand the Bible unless they understand the symbolism, and figurative language.

Jn 16:25 - These things I have spoken to you in figurative language...
I have never denied that the scriptures are often allegoric, figurative or symbolic, that does not mean they are hidden concealed messages meant to be hidden from folk. Take the verse you quoted, Jesus went onto say there is coming a time when i will "no longer" talk to you in this manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 10:35 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Just more of the same nonsense to puff yourself up . Grow in the grace and knowledge of bible symbolism just does have the same voice as the one those who are awakened listen too. Grow in the grace and knowledge OF our Lord Jesus Christ, when we see him(not it, the bible) we shall be like him.

All your issues are in your mind, a renewal of your mind will bring transformation. To BE spiritually minded is life and peace, to be carnally minded is sin and death.

Set your affections on things above(the higher way) ....... then the kingdom comes and its will is done in you.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:03 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,366 times
Quote:
I have never denied that the scriptures are often allegoric, figurative or symbolic,
Good. It is good to find areas of agreement.

Quote:
that does not mean they are hidden concealed messages meant to be hidden from folk.[
Actually it does. Jesus also said about parables, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of he kingdom of God, but to them it has not been granted." Mtg 13:11.

Quote:
Take the verse you quoted, Jesus went onto say there is coming a time when i will "no longer" talk to you in this manner.
I Cor 2:7 - but we speak God wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages for our glory.

How doe we solve mysteries?

Old 11-20-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Good. It is good to find areas of agreement.

Actually it does. Jesus also said about parables, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of he kingdom of God, but to them it has not been granted." Mtg 13:11.

I Cor 2:7 - but we speak God wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages for our glory.

How doe we solve mysteries?
God's wisdom is hidden in a mystery, that mystery is Christ in you

To whom God did will to make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this secret among the nations -- which is >>>>>>>Christ in you, the hope of the glory,

Old 11-20-2017, 10:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Mysteries, as Omega quoted above, is PLURAL, and they have to do with HIDDEN manna He gives to the OVERCOMER. Peace

Old 11-20-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Mysteries, as Omega quoted above, is PLURAL. Peace
That is not the great mystery that Paul spoke of, the mystery we all need to know is Christ in you, and then loving your enemies, walking the extra mile blessing them that curse you and doing good to those that spitefully use you and loving your neighbor as yourself makes perfectly good sense.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-20-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
That is not the great mystery that Paul, the mystery we all need to know is Christ in you, and then loving your enemies, walking the extra mile blessing them that curse you and doing good to those that spitefully use you and loving your neighbor as yourself makes perfectly good sense.
Never said it was. I was pointing out that was not the ONLY mystery. Peace

Old 11-20-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Never said it was. I was pointing out that was not the ONLY mystery. Peace
Jesus also said,

"All this I have spoken to you in veiled language. The time is coming when I shall "no longer" speak to you in veiled language, but will tell you about the Father in plain words.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Jesus also said,

"All this I have spoken to you in veiled language. The time is coming when I shall "no longer" speak to you in veiled language, but will tell you about the Father in plain words.

So the word to the overcomer in Revelation is a lie, then? To he that overcometh I will give unto him to eat of the hidden manna. Or has Revelation all been fulfilled already in you, too? Peace

Old 11-20-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
So the word to the overcomer in Revelation is a lie, then? To he that overcometh I will give unto him to eat of the hidden manna. Or has Revelation all been fulfilled already in you, too? Peace
So what Jesus said was a lie then?.

Show me 1 verse of scripture like i have asked you from the book of acts where disciples of Jesus conveyed what they had to say in an hidden obscure concealed manner how you do and show me 1 scripture from the the epistles where the writers conveyed what they had to say to the recipents in an hidden obscure concealed manner how you do on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity