Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2017, 03:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When you condemn its use, or condemn others - it goes beyond being cautious or that of a warning.
Maybe you didn't hear: some will take warnings as "condemnation" and "judgment".

Old 07-16-2017, 03:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Right. It is ok to warn others of its dangers, but some will take such warnings as "condemnation" and "judgment". You are helping prove my point. Thank you.
The danger of drinking too much water does not leave you at the mercy of a God who sends you to eternal hell because you missed the mark in believing he loves you. Have you any idea how many folk although they are loved are having a hard time accepting it?, shall we warn them or continue to support them until they see it. . You should hear yourself, in fact that is the issue of every sin conscious christian, they lack the ability to see and hear what they are saying.

I'm a conservative at heart, but would have no problem with there being a government health warning sign on every church door that denounced everything within its walls that it disagrees with. For all it does is to make the hearer more sin conscious thn they were before entering the church doors, and being sin conscious is the very thing Jesus came to save you from. The love of being sin conscious is why fundamentalists through the ages have rejected the Light.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm personally against it for any reason whatsoever, as I know personally that HE is our healer, and we should accept no substitutes. But for a sick and dying body who doesn't know any better, I'm not convinced it's the "big sin" a lot of people think it is, as there are some people who I believe legitimately take it not to get high, but to get pain relief, so it seems to me that the motive of the heart should be of some consideration. Doesn't mean it's acceptable and His perfect will in His eyes (the only eyes that truly matter), but I don't think we are to stone those that are weak in the faith over it. Peace
"If, you only had a little more faith."

I've heard this nonsense, more than I care to count.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe you didn't hear: some will take warnings as "condemnation" and "judgment".
I've read your posts.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
I've read your posts.

I am warning you, if you don't believe you are loved by Jesus, Jesus will condemn you to hell.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
I've read your posts.
Ok, then its a comprehension issue. No worries. Have a nice day.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:

Fine. Then what is your explanation for why things are not being manifested in the body that are SUPPOSED TO BE? Peace

Old 07-16-2017, 05:25 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The danger of drinking too much water does not leave you at the mercy of a God who sends you to eternal hell because you missed the mark in believing he loves you. Have you any idea how many folk although they are loved are having a hard time accepting it?, shall we warn them or continue to support them until they see it. . You should hear yourself, in fact that is the issue of every sin conscious christian, they lack the ability to see and hear what they are saying.

I'm a conservative at heart, but would have no problem with there being a government health warning sign on every church door that denounced everything within its walls that it disagrees with. For all it does is to make the hearer more sin conscious thn they were before entering the church doors, and being sin conscious is the very thing Jesus came to save you from. The love of being sin conscious is why fundamentalists through the ages have rejected the Light.
A powerful, insightful post, pcamps.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I've read your posts.
Quote:
Ok, then its a comprehension issue. No worries. Have a nice day.
Not really, I take them at face value.
And you, likewise - have a good day.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I'm personally against it for any reason whatsoever, as I know personally that HE is our healer, and we should accept no substitutes. But for a sick and dying body who doesn't know any better, I'm not convinced it's the "big sin" a lot of people think it is, as there are some people who I believe legitimately take it not to get high, but to get pain relief, so it seems to me that the motive of the heart should be of some consideration. Doesn't mean it's acceptable and His perfect will in His eyes (the only eyes that truly matter), but I don't think we are to stone those that are weak in the faith over it. Peace
Quote:

Quote:
Fine. Then what is your explanation for why things are not being manifested in the body that are SUPPOSED TO BE? Peace
What THINGS are you referencing?
Life can be difficult at times.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity