Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2017, 04:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are confirming your intent to deceive. The ONLY part that is a forgery is the altered part. The original text is NOT forged. Stop pretending that an alteration renders the entire text false.
The comparison to a check is what is invalid, because changing a part of it makes the check itself invalid. The only valic comparison would be to say that the forgery having been discovered the check can be reissued for the correct amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 04:11 PM

63,790 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The comparison to a check is what is invalid, because changing a part of it makes the check itself invalid. The only valic comparison would be to say that the forgery having been discovered the check can be reissued for the correct amount.
That is why Aristotle used a check, to deceive and misrepresent the issue so he could use the term forgery for the entire text.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:03 PM

692 posts, read 375,257 times
Default Assertions without evidence.

In law, science, and history only facts in evidence are accepted.

In law courts, nearly always sustained is the "Objection! "His claim assumes facts, not in evidence."

Such claims do not require any rebutal until they are proven to be factual by the evidence presented.

And as Paul admits in Galatians:

11 For I want you to know, brothers and sisters,[d] that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; 12 for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

One can always find a number of "true believers" who attempt the same type of argument.

Lots of "revelations" going around instead of facts of history.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: Really? What is your GENUINE SPIRITUAL proof of that exactly?

I've had the same one, of course. Peace

Old 07-15-2017, 07:19 PM

63,790 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, he had a GENIUNE (sic) SPIRITUAL experience, not a hallucination. There IS a difference. Peace
Well, any of us who have had spiritual experiences would be hard put to deny that Paul had one. But, it is still important to look at the content and character of any experience before assigning it to Jesus or THE Holy Spirit of Agape (Who IS God).

Old 07-16-2017, 10:06 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I guess you did not read where I said I chew on things and do my own study. Mystic is not the only one I have spoken to on these matters, he is just one that happens to be on this board. There are other Christians who see it after a similar fashion.

And the reason many of Paul's writings are hard to understand is because most read them in a literal fashion and not according to mythos.

So maybe you can answer the dilemma of Jesus having flesh and bone and Paul telling us that those who have flesh and bone cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
Yes I did read it and what I stated previously still applies ....
demonic teaching and their advocates prevailed to only one outcome:
"which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16
There is no dilemma when
1) God's Word specifically states that Jesus physically rose John 2:18-20

2) Jesus proved that he physically rose himself to the Apostles Luke 24:39

3) The requirement as a Apostle was "must become a witness with us of his resurrection.” Acts 1:22
* to which Paul had to meet in order to hold the title of 'Apostle'
4) Paul was regularly confronted for preaching Jesus' resurrection ... which he must adhere to (the physical resurrection) in order to be considered an Apostle

Therefore since that is the Truth, context tells us that this so-called dilemma is not with between Jesus vs Paul take on things but a matter as 2 Peter 3:16 so clearly states.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:20 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes I did read it and what I stated previously still applies ....
demonic teaching and their advocates prevailed to only one outcome:
"which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16
There is no dilemma when
1) God's Word specifically states that Jesus physically rose John 2:18-20

2) Jesus proved that he physically rose himself to the Apostles Luke 24:39

3) The requirement as a Apostle was "must become a witness with us of his resurrection.” Acts 1:22
* to which Paul had to meet in order to hold the title of 'Apostle'
4) Paul was regularly confronted for preaching Jesus' resurrection ... which he must adhere to (the physical resurrection) in order to be considered an Apostle

Therefore since that is the Truth, context tells us that this so-called dilemma is not with between Jesus vs Paul take on things but a matter as 2 Peter 3:16 so clearly states.
Huh? you need to reread what I have said twin. I do not deny a bodily resurrection. I believe in a spiritual body. You obviously do not.

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Which body is it raised/resurrected in? it is raised a spiritual body.

And you and mike keep ignoring the problem with your understanding which is again.

If Jesus had a flesh and bone body after the fashion you believe and Paul says flesh and bone cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven then Paul would be stating Jesus cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven.

You can ignore the contradiction if you like and probably will but that won't make it go away.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well, any of us who have had spiritual experiences would be hard put to deny that Paul had one. But, it is still important to look at the content and character of any experience before assigning it to Jesus or THE Holy Spirit of Agape (Who IS God).

Mystic, has it ever occurred to you that it had been ANOTHER SPIRIT, I encountered, for a SURETY, it would NOT have turned me to G-d and His Son? After all, I ALREADY had the spirit of the world going for me. Peace

Old 07-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Huh? you need to reread what I have said twin. I do not deny a bodily resurrection. I believe in a spiritual body. You obviously do not.

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Which body is it raised/resurrected in? it is raised a spiritual body.

And you and mike keep ignoring the problem with your understanding which is again.

If Jesus had a flesh and bone body after the fashion you believe and Paul says flesh and bone cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven then Paul would be stating Jesus cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven.

You can ignore the contradiction if you like and probably will but that won't make it go away.

The problem here with your thinking is, you, like the disciples, think a spiritual body shouldn't have any physical characteristics, ie. be nothing but a spirit, a mere breath without form. What He had then, was a GLORIFIED body. It was not flesh and blood of THIS world, but it had form and could take any form He chose to (the gardener, the man that met the two on the road to Emmaus), and therefore also appear in the form that was crucified, wounds and all, AND yet still go through THEIR WALLS and eat their fish. Got fish? Peace

Old 07-17-2017, 12:10 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The problem here with your thinking is, you, like the disciples, think a spiritual body shouldn't have any physical characteristics, ie. be nothing but a spirit, a mere breath without form. What He had then, was a GLORIFIED body. It was not flesh and blood of THIS world, but it had form and could take any form He chose to (the gardener, the man that met the two on the road to Emmaus), and therefore also appear in the form that was crucified, wounds and all, AND yet still go through THEIR WALLS and eat their fish. Got fish? Peace
Huh? do you guys even read what I write? go back and read some of my posts rbb, because you simply missed what I have benn saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity