Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 07:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Hi sparrow, dear....can you tell me which Bible you read that in?
I have read all of the KJV and NKJV 1 Cor 13...and all I find is 'hopeth all things' in verse 7.
I thought, Gee, that sounds very different than 'Love always hopes'.
I did close my eyes and pondered 'love always hopes'...
It couldn't understand that phrase.
My thought was No, when I love there is no hope...what would I hope for more than this...this love.
What would I want more than this...what would I care about more than this...you see
what I mean?
There is just Love...in it's sweetness and purity and sometimes glory.

But, 'love hopeth all things' is so different ...I would say, 'love hopeth for all good things'

I may have over contemplated this! I do that ...look at a verse from so many angles.

What does it mean to you that choked you up...I get having a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 08:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Where is your faith and hope, if it were not in love?

Old 08-07-2017, 08:38 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi sparrow, dear....can you tell me which Bible you read that in?
I have read all of the KJV and NKJV 1 Cor 13...and all I find is 'hopeth all things' in verse 7.
I thought, Gee, that sounds very different than 'Love always hopes'.
I did close my eyes and pondered 'love always hopes'...
It couldn't understand that phrase.
My thought was No, when I love there is no hope...what would I hope for more than this...this love.
What would I want more than this...what would I care about more than this...you see
what I mean?
There is just Love...in it's sweetness and purity and sometimes glory.

But, 'love hopeth all things' is so different ...I would say, 'love hopeth for all good things'

I may have over contemplated this! I do that ...look at a verse from so many angles.

What does it mean to you that choked you up...I get having a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye.
NIV is one version.
But "Love always hopes" and "hopeth all things" are not two different things in my eyes.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

There is a world of meaning in "love always hopes" to me. It has to do with a lot of things, Miss Hepburn.

Love as in the supreme power.
There is nothing more powerful than Love, for God IS Love.
Our Creator is LOVE.

Love always hopes...

What brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat is my remembering my experiences of having hope for every single last person in this world. Hope of things coming full circle for all of us. Hope of all beings finally going home. The hope of all beings finally be reuniting with their Creator. The hope of all beings restored. Not just 99. No, that's not good enough. The Hope of the 1. The hope of all grief being turned to joy. The hope of many, many beautiful things that we should spend time thinking on and pondering.

Hope is not dangerous. Some people in this world feel fear when they hope. and they are TAUGHT to FEAR and NOT HAVE HOPE. But hope is a crucial gateway to understanding more deeply the nature of our Creator. Who God IS. God is love. When they hope.... fear rises up in them and they stuff that hope down inside of theirselves and wrap chains around that hope. And they sit in those chains of fear and their hope is diminished. Pretty soon numbness takes the place of that hope. And soon after that apathy enters in.

But hope is a living thing. Hope is energy. Hope is a PUSH in the right direction.

But love ALWAYS hopes.

Love ALWAYS hopes.

Peace..

Old 08-07-2017, 08:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
My favorite and guiding light verse of the bible, 1 Corinthians 13.

Have read it hundreds of times.

Just wanted to point out one tiny phrase within...

Love always hopes.

I ask you, friends of City Data Christianity Forum... to please just go silent within yourself and meditate on that today or when you have time. No need to comment (or you can, if you wish). Don't jump to a response, just let that linger in your heart and mind and let it wrap around you today. What does that mean to you personally? Think on it and ask God for guidance and love.

Just wanted to put that out there as it jumped in my heart last night and caused tears to come to my eyes and a lump in my throat (good tears, profound, and deep) and I wanted to share.

peace,
sparrow
Very nice one to pick out and ask us to think on. It was actually very timely for me personally, thank you.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Very nice one to pick out and ask us to think on. It was actually very timely for me personally, thank you.
I'm glad.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:08 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
NIV is one version.
But "Love always hopes" and "hopeth all things" are not two different things in my eyes.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

There is a world of meaning in "love always hopes" to me. It has to do with a lot of things, Miss Hepburn.

Love as in the supreme power.
There is nothing more powerful than Love, for God IS Love.
Our Creator is LOVE.

Love always hopes...

What brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat is my remembering my experiences of having hope for every single last person in this world. Hope of things coming full circle for all of us. Hope of all beings finally going home. The hope of all beings finally be reuniting with their Creator. The hope of all beings restored. Not just 99. No, that's not good enough. The Hope of the 1. The hope of all grief being turned to joy. The hope of many, many beautiful things that we should spend time thinking on and pondering.

Hope is not dangerous. Some people in this world feel fear when they hope. and they are TAUGHT to FEAR and NOT HAVE HOPE. But hope is a crucial gateway to understanding more deeply the nature of our Creator. Who God IS. God is love. When they hope.... fear rises up in them and they stuff that hope down inside of theirselves and wrap chains around that hope. And they sit in those chains of fear and their hope is diminished. Pretty soon numbness takes the place of that hope. And soon after that apathy enters in.

But hope is a living thing. Hope is energy. Hope is a PUSH in the right direction.

But love ALWAYS hopes.

Love ALWAYS hopes.

Peace..
yes Gosh I like peace too..and your ideas sound so beautiful !!!! . I just wish reading the Bible sounded anything like that. because it doesn't and makes me really ask.. who's hope wins? men like Jerwade's and all the militant atheist on these lists " hope" or Jesus's "hope" that they submit before he gets serious ? because I believe in free will and not in slavery. I truly hope he doesn't take slaves . I don't want there to be slaves in that time. I really don't want there to be prisons even for those who's "hope" is to destroy something . I have a hope he doesn't take slaves and have to overcome their free will.
actually I know he doesn't do that, because they all commit something like hari-kari on themselves and their own families and of their own free will. so free will wins and I guess they all get their own kind of" hope". so if the atheist's hope is to never submit to God and never serve him . so maybe their hope wins for them. so Hope might win yet..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-07-2017 at 09:27 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes Gosh I like peace too..and your ideas sound so beautiful !!!! . I just wish reading the Bible sounded anything like that.
God IS love.
Measure what you read against love.
If it is love, it is of God. It is truth and light.
The bible has many things. Seek the truth within.

Quote:
because it doesn't and makes me really ask.. who's hope wins? men like Jerwade's and all the militant atheist on these lists " hope" that they submit before he gets serious ? because I believe in free will and not in slavery. I truly hope he doesn't take slaves . I don't want there to be slaves in that time. I really don't want there to be prisons even for those who's "hope" is to destroy something . I have a hope he doesn't take slaves and haved to overcome their free will .
I'm not sure what you are saying here. You are almost seeming to talk in a riddle. Jerwade and all the militant atheists... I don't know what you are speaking of at all. I don't see anything in this thread that would make you say these things. I'm a bit confused. But, one thing though... why would you think there would be slaves.... and prisons... and no free will....?

Love. The power that will cause all to be so overwhelmed their knees will buckle.
Every knee will bow.
NOT out of fear. But out of a deep, profound reverence.
Out of joy.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:29 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
yes I like Love too and hope is beautiful. yes God is love..
but man isn't .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-07-2017 at 09:59 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
yes I like Love too and hopes is beautiful. asnd yes God is love..
but man isn't .
Who said anything about MAN being love? I did not.
I said God is love.

God is doing a work in each of us.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
yes Gosh I like peace too..and your ideas sound so beautiful !!!! . I just wish reading the Bible sounded anything like that. because it doesn't and makes me really ask.. who's hope wins? men like Jerwade's and all the militant atheist on these lists " hope" or Jesus's "hope" that they submit before he gets serious ? because I believe in free will and not in slavery. I truly hope he doesn't take slaves . I don't want there to be slaves in that time. I really don't want there to be prisons even for those who's "hope" is to destroy something . I have a hope he doesn't take slaves and have to overcome their free will.
actually I know he doesn't do that, because they all commit something like hari-kari on themselves and their own families and of their own free will. so free will wins and I guess they all get their own kind of" hope". so if the atheist's hope is to never submit to God and never serve him . so maybe their hope wins for them. so Hope might win yet..
I would rather walk with Christ Jesus, than to be seated with most Christians.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-08-2017 at 12:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity