Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 09:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Exodus 25:2-9
2 Speak unto the sons of Yisrael, that they bring Me an offering: of every one that gives it willingly with the heart shall you take My offering.
3 And this is the offering which you shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass:
4 And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goat hair:
5 And ram skins tanned red, and badger skins, and acacia wood:
6 Shemen-oil-olive for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense:
7 Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
8 And let them make Me a miqdash-sanctuary-chapel so that I may dwell among them:
9 According to all that I am showing unto you, after the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall you make it.

Ezekiel 11:14-19
14 Again the Word of YHWH came unto me, saying:
15 Son of man, your brethren, even your brethren the men of your kindred, and all the house of Yisrael together, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Yerushalem have said, "Get you far from YHWH: unto us is this eretz-land given in possession."
16 Therefore say, Thus says Adonai YHWH, Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little miqdash-sanctuary-chapel in the countries wherever they shall come.
17 Therefore say, Thus says Adonai YHWH, I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the adamah-soil of Yisrael.
18 And they shall enter therein, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof, and all the abominations thereof out of that place.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new Spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

See now? If you build it they will come, and just as the Master says, both the Father and the Son will make their abode with you. So from the beginning of the Torah the true sons of Yisrael gave their offerings from a free and willing heart, and were already believing that the true miqdash-sanctuary-chapel-temple was the man, and not a building or tent made with the hands of men: for they knew by the commandment that they were to pattern their own little miqdash-sanctuarty-temple after the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle. Moreover the eretz-land is the "outer bounds" while the adamah-soil is the soil of the heart as in the Parable of the Sower.

Come now Daqq, you know those "ignorant primitive savages" could have not known anything like that way back then. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The Word of God?

Yeah, that would be the way. Peace

Old 09-03-2017, 04:00 AM

619 posts, read 312,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Come now Daqq, you know those "ignorant primitive savages" could have not known anything like that way back then. Peace
Lol, yeah, that primate Isaiah taught the same thing, (Isaiah 66:1-2), and that primate Stephen quoted it to make the same New Testament point in Acts 7:48-51.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:22 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Lol, yeah, that primate Isaiah taught the same thing, (Isaiah 66:1-2), and that primate Stephen quoted it to make the same New Testament point in Acts 7:48-51.
You should go back to the drawing board. Look what Stephen said they were resisting and it wasn't the Bible they used to level up the wonky bed that was their crime, but rejecting and murdering the one the wonky bed leveler said would bring to us a ministry of the Spirit that would be life, unlike the wonky bed leveler that was far less glorious than the ministry of the spirit.

The Pharisee and teachers of the law said ....We will not have this man rule over us...... what we knew about the Bible before you came along works for us(fundies love darkness over light)..... so on yer bike Jesus with this ministry of life you are trying to deceive us with.

Jesus said..... I don't won't to rule over you, have you fall at my feet and worship me, even make songs up about me, I want this ministry of life to rule over you so that you can be all that I created you in my image to be.

The scriptures are not the problem, not even the dashing babies heads against the rocks parts. The problem is what fundamentalists have made them, the misuse of them by correcting everyone else but themselves by them, threatening those who reject them by them and their unhealthy worship of them that veils their minds from seeing(not believing, we all know you believe but so does the devil) the one they testify of.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:37 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Rbbi

Which in other ages "was not made known unto the sons of men", as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets BY >>>>>>>the Spirit;

Do you see here there was a time when what Paul saw BY Revelation that which was not known or could be found in the written word, if it was, Paul would have not said the above. So why do you rely so heavily on the written word when what Is vital for us to know cannot be found in it? Now let me tell you what it was that the sons of men "before Christ" had not had made known to them...... The Mystery of Christ(Eph 3:4), which is nothing more and nothing less than Christ in you (Col 1:27), the source between God and man....
Now read the rest of the Ephesians 3. Paul is writing to the Ephesians and clearly had their best interest at heart and instructed them how to be strengthened in the faith. Never once does he tell them to open up a bible,his instruction was to be rooted in the love of God(good luck with that reading the OT) and to know that love that passes knowledge. So that begs the question how do we become rooted in the love and know that love that passes knowledge ? By reading the Bible? We become what we behold..... when we see him who is the love of God made manifest we shall be like him........ Looking unto the love of God made manifest the author and finisher of our faith. Isn't that wonderful that it is the love of God that was and is the author of our faith and that same love of God made manifest will complete its work of making us in the image of God. God is love.

xupia.... how about that for stuffy fluffy lovey new age thinking ?.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times
Quote:

See now? If you build it they will come, and just as the Master says, both the Father and the Son will make their abode with you. So from the beginning of the Torah the true sons of Yisrael gave their offerings from a free and willing heart, and were already believing that the true miqdash-sanctuary-chapel-temple was the man, and not a building or tent made with the hands of men: for they knew by the commandment that they were to pattern their own little miqdash-sanctuarty-temple after the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle. Moreover the eretz-land is the "outer bounds" while the adamah-soil is the soil of the heart as in the Parable of the Sower.
What I see from your quotes is that a specific place of worship was established in Jerusalem and then that smaller places would be established wherever there was a community of Hebrews (synagogue seems to fulfill this perception), AND that God wanted the offerings to be from the heart and not just a matter of form. I do NOT see anything about the "true (temple)" being the man in your cites. Id do know that Paul referred to the body as a "living temple" to be kept pure, and the idea that each individual is his own priest. I do not see any imperative to apply a pattern for the temple/tabernacle to that concept. Maybe you get something out of it.

I do have to wonder where the idea that the sacrifices mandated could only be performed in the Jerusalem temple came from.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
And I cite Isaiah as one of the people who expressed developing ideas about the nature of God which surpassed the "tribal war god" mentality seen previously.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You should go back to the drawing board.
To be perfectly clear: I essentially said "we are temples of Elohim", and I used written Word for my evidence, but you now open your comments with the statement that I need to go back to the drawing board. So then you also openly admit that you do not believe you are a temple of Elohim: for that was my entire point, even in the post of mine which you have quoted.

That only shows that you cannot actually believe what you yourself are preaching because if the Word is only a spirit-entity, and yet you do not believe you are a temple of Elohim, as Moses and the Prophets and the Writings and the Apostolic authors all teach, then why do you say what you say? It is senseless to believe in a spirit-entity God and not believe Moses and the Prophets who say that you are His temple. And since you appear to be attempting to advise me: my advice to you would be to actually go get a drawing board and start using it.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What I see from your quotes is that a specific place of worship was established in Jerusalem and then that smaller places would be established wherever there was a community of Hebrews (synagogue seems to fulfill this perception), AND that God wanted the offerings to be from the heart and not just a matter of form. I do NOT see anything about the "true (temple)" being the man in your cites. Id do know that Paul referred to the body as a "living temple" to be kept pure, and the idea that each individual is his own priest. I do not see any imperative to apply a pattern for the temple/tabernacle to that concept. Maybe you get something out of it.

I do have to wonder where the idea that the sacrifices mandated could only be performed in the Jerusalem temple came from.
When you say, "I see", and, "I do NOT see", it is nothing more than your opinion, which as I have said, does not agree with the Teaching of the Master. Do you not know that the Master is expounding Torah in the Gospel accounts? Every one has his or her own "world", his or her own "temple", his or her own "house", his or her own "dominion", his or her own "empire", his or her own "city", (set on a hill), his or her own "synagogue", his or her own "congregation", and in this manner all things shall be accomplished unto each in his or her own appointed times: for the Gospel is personal and individual to each in his or her own appointed times. A minyan is ten, that is a synagogue, and were there not ten lepers cleansed? But only a tenth part, (one), from the minyan was actually made whole. Even this is spoken about in the Prophets, (for instance the Isaiah 6:9-10 passage which is referenced many times in the Gospel accounts and Apostolic writings: see also Isaiah 6:13, "a tenth", for men are also likened unto trees). Whether you "see" or do not "see" such things is not my problem because these things come from the Testimony of the Messiah who teaches that every man has his or her "house", and "household" with all its "members", that each of us are set in charge over while the Master is as if away in a far journey, (Mark 13:34-37), and we are likened to the porter of the door of the house: that is the one with the keys who watches the door of the house, for the porter opens and shuts the door and does not allow anything evil, (doctrines), to enter into the house. If you do not understand it is only due to a lack of understanding the Testimony of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:01 PM

I see that your opinion is that Jesus was expounding Torah as opposed to what I see as a NEW basis for relating to God and man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity