Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 02:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
When you say, "I see", and, "I do NOT see", it is nothing more than your opinion, which as I have said, does not agree with the Teaching of the Master. Do you not know that the Master is expounding Torah in the Gospel accounts? Every one has his or her own "world", his or her own "temple", his or her own "house", his or her own "dominion", his or her own "empire", his or her own "city", (set on a hill), his or her own "synagogue", his or her own "congregation", and in this manner all things shall be accomplished unto each in his or her own appointed times: for the Gospel is personal and individual to each in his or her own appointed times. A minyan is ten, that is a synagogue, and were there not ten lepers cleansed? But only a tenth part, (one), from the minyan was actually made whole. Even this is spoken about in the Prophets, (for instance the Isaiah 6:9-10 passage which is referenced many times in the Gospel accounts and Apostolic writings: see also Isaiah 6:13, "a tenth", for men are also likened unto trees). Whether you "see" or do not "see" such things is not my problem because these things come from the Testimony of the Messiah who teaches that every man has his or her "house", and "household" with all its "members", that each of us are set in charge over while the Master is as if away in a far journey, (Mark 13:34-37), and we are likened to the porter of the door of the house: that is the one with the keys who watches the door of the house, for the porter opens and shuts the door and does not allow anything evil, (doctrines), to enter into the house. If you do not understand it is only due to a lack of understanding the Testimony of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts.

And that's a FACT, all of it. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 02:20 PM

619 posts, read 311,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I see that your opinion is that Jesus was expounding Torah as opposed to what I see as a NEW basis for relating to God and man.
Nope, because "things hidden from the foundation of the world" means from the beginning, which is only found in the Torah in Hebrew culture. You may choose to believe the writings of some other culture came first, or are more reliable, or whatever, but as soon as you delve into the New Testament you are exclusively speaking of the Hebrew culture and that is the "backdrop" for Christianity. The Messiah is not expounding things that are completely brand new, from outside what is already written, so as to replace those writings, no, but rather, he is properly expounding what was already written in the Torah, Prophets, and Writings. This is the very reason he constantly lambasted the rulers of the people: for they had hidden or taken away the keys of knowledge and understanding, and were blocking others from entering into the kingdom of Elohim. To claim that the Messiah taught nothing but totally brand new things, from outside of what is actually written, only affords you the opportunity to make up your own belief system by altering the understandings and meanings of his words and teachings to suit your own private ends. It is all one cohesive Word of Elohim from Genesis to Revelation, (despite the junk English translations of the Tanakh and their portrayal of an angry ogre-God in the "Old Testament" which they teach to be abolished anyways).

Old 09-03-2017, 02:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Nope, because "things hidden from the foundation of the world" means from the beginning, which is only found in the Torah in Hebrew culture. You may choose to believe the writings of some other culture came first, or are more reliable, or whatever, but as soon as you delve into the New Testament you are exclusively speaking of the Hebrew culture and that is the "backdrop" for Christianity. The Messiah is not expounding things that are completely brand new, from outside what is already written, so as to replace those writings, no, but rather, he is properly expounding what was already written in the Torah, Prophets, and Writings. This is the very reason he constantly lambasted the rulers of the people: for they had hidden or taken away the keys of knowledge and understanding, and were blocking others from entering into the kingdom of Elohim. To claim that the Messiah taught nothing but totally brand new things, from outside of what is actually written, only affords you the opportunity to make up your own belief system by altering the understandings and meanings of his words and teachings to suit your own private ends. It is all one cohesive Word of Elohim from Genesis to Revelation, (despite the junk English translations of the Tanakh and their portrayal of an angry ogre-God in the "Old Testament" which they teach to be abolished anyways).
34Jesus spoke all these things to the crowds in parables. He did not tell them anything without using a parable. 35So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things hidden since the foundation of the world.â€

These things were expounded by Jesus, not Torah. His is a NEW Covenant.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
34Jesus spoke all these things to the crowds in parables. He did not tell them anything without using a parable. 35So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things hidden since the foundation of the world.”

These things were expounded by Jesus, not Torah. His is a NEW Covenant.

WHAT do you think they were hidden IN? Peace

Pro 25:2 - It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
WHAT do you think they were hidden IN? Peace

Pro 25:2 - It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
Christ the Mystery of God IN US .

Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Wrong, you denyed the Power of his Holiness.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:

If you have to consume it, it's not hidden IN YOU. Peace

Rev 2:17 - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

If you're unsure of what to eat....reread Daqq's excellent post here...

Stephen says by the context, (and therefore the author, "Luke", likewise says), that the Torah contains the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, Living Words which Moses and the fathers received to give to the people:

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that same Moshe who said to the sons of Yisrael, "YHWH your Elohim shall raise up a Prophet unto you from among your brethren, like unto me."
38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the desert, with the Messenger-Angel who spoke to him in mount Sinai, and to our fathers, who received Living Oracles [λογια ζωντα] to give to us:

λογια ζωντα = Living Oracles / Living Sayings / Living Words = the Torah

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then has the Yhudi? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of Elohim [τα λογια του θεου].

τα λογια του θεου = the Oracles-Sayings-Words of Elohim(God)

Hebrews 5:12-13
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you rather have need again that someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim, [των λογιων του θεου] and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food:
13 For every one partaking of milk is inexperienced in the Word of Righteousness, [λογου δικαιοσυνης] for he is a babe.

των λογιων του θεου ~ the Oracles of Elohim(God)
λογου δικαιοσυνης ~ the Word of Righteousness

And by the context:

των λογιων του θεου = λογου δικαιοσυνης

Therefore, I say, the Living Torah is the Living Testimony of the Living Father, and therefore the Living Torah is His Living Son: for Testimony is Spirit according to the Testimony of the Son, (John 6:63). And therefore those who "abolish" the Torah from their own hearts and minds do likewise at the same time "abolish" the Son of Elohim from their own hearts and minds: for the Son of Elohim is himself the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, and Living Words of Elohim which are the Torah. And because of these things having been plainly written, in manifold New Testament passages as shown above: this is the teaching of all of the Apostolic authors and their writings. In other words this is not just "my opinion" but that of Stephen, who according to the author of Acts was full of the Holy Spirit, (even saying that his face shown as that of an angel before the council, Acts 6:15), and therefore it is the "opinion" of the author of Acts, "Luke", and therefore likewise Paul, and likewise the author of the epistle to the Hebrews as shown above, and Peter likewise speaks in the same terms and manner concerning the Oracles of Elohim, (1Peter 4:11).

Old 09-03-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Wrong, you denyed the Power of his Holiness.
It's my favorite pastime

Old 09-03-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
If you have to consume it, it's not hidden IN YOU. Peace

Rev 2:17 - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

If you're unsure of what to eat....reread Daqq's excellent post here...

Stephen says by the context, (and therefore the author, "Luke", likewise says), that the Torah contains the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, Living Words which Moses and the fathers received to give to the people:

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that same Moshe who said to the sons of Yisrael, "YHWH your Elohim shall raise up a Prophet unto you from among your brethren, like unto me."
38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the desert, with the Messenger-Angel who spoke to him in mount Sinai, and to our fathers, who received Living Oracles [λογια ζωντα] to give to us:

λογια ζωντα = Living Oracles / Living Sayings / Living Words = the Torah

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then has the Yhudi? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of Elohim [τα λογια του θεου].

τα λογια του θεου = the Oracles-Sayings-Words of Elohim(God)

Hebrews 5:12-13
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you rather have need again that someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim, [των λογιων του θεου] and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food:
13 For every one partaking of milk is inexperienced in the Word of Righteousness, [λογου δικαιοσυνης] for he is a babe.

των λογιων του θεου ~ the Oracles of Elohim(God)
λογου δικαιοσυνης ~ the Word of Righteousness

And by the context:

των λογιων του θεου = λογου δικαιοσυνης

Therefore, I say, the Living Torah is the Living Testimony of the Living Father, and therefore the Living Torah is His Living Son: for Testimony is Spirit according to the Testimony of the Son, (John 6:63). And therefore those who "abolish" the Torah from their own hearts and minds do likewise at the same time "abolish" the Son of Elohim from their own hearts and minds: for the Son of Elohim is himself the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, and Living Words of Elohim which are the Torah. And because of these things having been plainly written, in manifold New Testament passages as shown above: this is the teaching of all of the Apostolic authors and their writings. In other words this is not just "my opinion" but that of Stephen, who according to the author of Acts was full of the Holy Spirit, (even saying that his face shown as that of an angel before the council, Acts 6:15), and therefore it is the "opinion" of the author of Acts, "Luke", and therefore likewise Paul, and likewise the author of the epistle to the Hebrews as shown above, and Peter likewise speaks in the same terms and manner concerning the Oracles of Elohim, (1Peter 4:11).
All that for this
Quote:

Old 09-03-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
All that for this

There's that reading comprehension issue again. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity