Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 10:55 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Sparrow
I have dear respect for what I posted and I mostly agree that it sounds exciting. But my personal crisis is that I abandoned going to church almost ten years ago and lost other aspects of faith. How can I feel at peace and more loving at God like I used to?
ghostee, For a lot of people, they become closer to understanding God when they leave church. So I wouldn't really worry about that aspect of it. What other aspects of faith have you lost?

You may want to think on the idea that your anger or non-love you have towards God is actually.... right. In the past I've been very angry at God and I later realized that my anger was justified. I was railing against the false picture of God that so many people hold up and revere and worship out of FEAR. I was railing against all of the ridiculous notions that people have held up and said "This is God".

Sometimes when you're not in peace, it's because something is pushing you inside... something is telling you, this is not right. Something is amiss. For me, it was what I believed about God. With truth, comes peace.

God is love.

Perfect love casts out ALL fear.

Your fears that you have, think about it and think that God casts out ALL fear.
He gave you a heart and a brain to reason things out.

Keep seeking. Your peace will come.
I say this as someone who used to curse God, literally. Everyday.
And told him how much I hated Him. Then I stopped believing in Him altogether.

Only to come full circle one day into having perfect peace about who He is.
And I didn't need a church to do it. That is just MY journey.
Yours will be different, as we are all different. Just don't try to fit yourself into some sort of box of what you are supposed to believe or do. Listen to your heart. And study Love. 1 corinthians 13 is a good start at finding that true picture of God. There is nothing to fear.

Peace friend,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 10:57 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I speak to anyone who is always insinuating that Christianity is the way of Jesus. Christianity is not the way of a Jewish Messiah who came walking in the laws and all the feasts and who came teaching secrets of Torah. Christianity as a whole is a lawless religion that stands against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped of God. I don't know exactly what you are, don't even know exactly what I am, but you are always speaking of Christianity, you are always throwing out scriptures and themes of Christianity as if the New Testament was written to anyone in Christianity. The New Testament was written about and written for Gentile converts to Judaism.

People are always speaking of the New Testament while standing outside Judaism, as if the New Testament was not written to converts of Judaism.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, and if we can't put ourselves in the shoes of gentile converts of Judaism, we aren't learning anything of the text. People begin in bias reading a book written to converts of Judaism, and their bias against Judaism will never let them see the truth, they begin in a lie.

I came out of a life of Christianity, so it had a big impact on me, obviously, and is simply a part of who I am. So, yes, I speak of it. I don't really care about the religion aspect; I'm just interested in knowing the God who is love. Obviously, I don't think Christianity (your brand, or anyone else's) holds the corner market on God. But, I'm not trying to talk to you about that.

I'm just challenging your assertion that every Christian (or even the majority of them) is hating and persecuting those who practice the Jewish religion. I'm simply asking you to consider that what you say, and how you say it, might be the thing that is putting people off. But, now it occurs to me, maybe you consider that a badge of honor and something for which you will be rewarded by God? In which case, never mind.

Well, no matter what, I still love ya. I was just trying to give you a different perspective. I think we usually get what we're looking for, and I was feeling bad that you seem to be feeling hated and persecuted because, imo, that's what you're looking for. But I will try not to interfere again. ((hugs))

Old 08-16-2017, 11:21 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
And no, telling me about how bad they have it in Haiti That's not good enough.
I'm sorry, but why is that not good enough? Don't you think that that can happen to you?

From my understanding of what you've written, you're basically saying that you don't think you're that bad of a person so why is God punishing you with all the little annoying things that happen in this cursed world (or at least doesn't help you out when they happen, because you deserve to be helped). Is that right?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I came out of a life of Christianity, so it had a big impact on me, obviously, and is simply a part of who I am. So, yes, I speak of it. I don't really care about the religion aspect; I'm just interested in knowing the God who is love. Obviously, I don't think Christianity (your brand, or anyone else's) holds the corner market on God. But, I'm not trying to talk to you about that.

I'm just challenging your assertion that every Christian (or even the majority of them) is hating and persecuting those who practice the Jewish religion. I'm simply asking you to consider that what you say, and how you say it, might be the thing that is putting people off. But, now it occurs to me, maybe you consider that a badge of honor and something for which you will be rewarded by God? In which case, never mind.

Well, no matter what, I still love ya. I was just trying to give you a different perspective. I think we usually get what we're looking for, and I was feeling bad that you seem to be feeling hated and persecuted because, imo, that's what you're looking for. But I will try not to interfere again. ((hugs))
I still love you too, and again, I predict that I will go to the same place that the majority go, right to the outer court of Gentiles that is called the outer court of darkness. This is where the majority of Christians are going. What I truly believe is that if you show somebody the design of the temple and the comings and goings of the temple and how people are really in a race, there maybe some righteous person who reads what I write, and maybe he will realize that he is in a race, and he just might become one of the very few people who have obtained the reward of first resurrection because somebody told him and showed him that the Temple only shadows what the kingdom of heaven is, and the comings and goings of the Temple are to raise a brethren of Christ, and although I might not have what it takes, at least I know that I am in a race, and I am shown what the kingdom of heaven is just as anyone is shown, anyone who studies the comings and goings of the temple.

While I am sure that I am not amongst the few who will become brethren of Christ, I just may lead others there if they are willing to seek out a beloved to learn their own appointed visitation days that a bride should know about her bridegroom. Millions of ignorant Christians walk through life never knowing it is a race, they never stop to know themselves when they claim to be brides of Christ or when they claim to be the temple of the Lord. How does a bride not know her days, and how does a temple not know the comings and goings of the master?

I wished somebody would have found me when I was a teenager to convince me of what religion I was actually in, because the Christianity that I followed and was loyal to was not the religion of Christ, anything but the religion of Christ, and I feel like suing the Assemblies of God for the brainwashing they did in a young child and nobody told me no different until I found the truth myself.

Badge of honor?

Like I said, try following a Jewish Messiah in Texas and let everyone know that you are a convert to Judaism, and you will lose everything.

It is supposed to be this way, it has nothing to do with me liking to be hated for God, it just is what it is. The Jews have been hated and persecuted for 2000 years until the words of Martin Luther and the mentality of Christianity and it's anti-Semitism led to a third holocaust of Jews when a third of their population were killed because they followed and loved the commandments of God.

You choose to follow a Jewish Messiah and you choose to love the commandments and ways of God, people are just going to hate you, and maybe this has something to do with where a person lives, but I highly doubt it. If you walk as Jesus walked, it is going to be JUST AS JESUS SAID. Should I look up and quote all those scriptures how Jesus tells all his disciples how the world will hate them and how the world DID and DOES hate them? It is what it is, if you choose to align yourself with Jews, the world hates Jews. There are countries calling for genocide against Jews right now, and it is no big deal because it is Jews. If Genocide was being called on any other people in the world, the world would stand up and balk, crying like cyotes.

I guess the world wants to forget the history of Anti-Semitism against people who love the commandments of God, but not everyone has forgotten.

You walk like Jesus walked, and you are going to be hated.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I still love you too, and again, I predict that I will go to the same place that the majority go, right to the outer court of Gentiles that is called the outer court of darkness. This is where the majority of Christians are going. What I truly believe is that if you show somebody the design of the temple and the comings and goings of the temple and how people are really in a race, there maybe some righteous person who reads what I write, and maybe he will realize that he is in a race, and he just might become one of the very few people who have obtained the reward of first resurrection because somebody told him and showed him that the Temple only shadows what the kingdom of heaven is, and the comings and goings of the Temple are to raise a brethren of Christ, and although I might not have what it takes, at least I know that I am in a race, and I am shown what the kingdom of heaven is just as anyone is shown, anyone who studies the comings and goings of the temple.

While I am sure that I am not amongst the few who will become brethren of Christ, I just may lead others there if they are willing to seek out a beloved to learn their own appointed visitation days that a bride should know about her bridegroom. Millions of ignorant Christians walk through life never knowing it is a race, they never stop to know themselves when they claim to be brides of Christ or when they claim to be the temple of the Lord. How does a bride not know her days, and how does a temple not know the comings and goings of the master?

I wished somebody would have found me when I was a teenager to convince me of what religion I was actually in, because the Christianity that I followed and was loyal to was not the religion of Christ, anything but the religion of Christ, and I feel like suing the Assemblies of God for the brainwashing they did in a young child and nobody told me no different until I found the truth myself.

Badge of honor?

Like I said, try following a Jewish Messiah in Texas and let everyone know that you are a convert to Judaism, and you will lose everything.

It is supposed to be this way, it has nothing to do with me liking to be hated for God, it just is what it is. The Jews have been hated and persecuted for 2000 years until the words of Martin Luther and the mentality of Christianity and it's anti-Semitism led to a third holocaust of Jews when a third of their population were killed because they followed and loved the commandments of God.

You choose to follow a Jewish Messiah and you choose to love the commandments and ways of God, people are just going to hate you, and maybe this has something to do with where a person lives, but I highly doubt it. If you walk as Jesus walked, it is going to be JUST AS JESUS SAID. Should I look up and quote all those scriptures how Jesus tells all his disciples how the world will hate them and how the world DID and DOES hate them? It is what it is, if you choose to align yourself with Jews, the world hates Jews. There are countries calling for genocide against Jews right now, and it is no big deal because it is Jews. If Genocide was being called on any other people in the world, the world would stand up and balk, crying like cyotes.

I guess the world wants to forget the history of Anti-Semitism against people who love the commandments of God, but not everyone has forgotten.

You walk like Jesus walked, and you are going to be hated.

Hanni, this is a rhetorical question: How can you lead someone where you have not gone?

One other thing: Lots of people are hated for lots of reasons. Being hated doesn't make one special, it just makes them a part of the human race.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
ghostee, For a lot of people, they become closer to understanding God when they leave church. So I wouldn't really worry about that aspect of it. What other aspects of faith have you lost?

You may want to think on the idea that your anger or non-love you have towards God is actually.... right. In the past I've been very angry at God and I later realized that my anger was justified. I was railing against the false picture of God that so many people hold up and revere and worship out of FEAR. I was railing against all of the ridiculous notions that people have held up and said "This is God".

Sometimes when you're not in peace, it's because something is pushing you inside... something is telling you, this is not right. Something is amiss. For me, it was what I believed about God. With truth, comes peace.

God is love.

Perfect love casts out ALL fear.

Your fears that you have, think about it and think that God casts out ALL fear.
He gave you a heart and a brain to reason things out.

Keep seeking. Your peace will come.
I say this as someone who used to curse God, literally. Everyday.
And told him how much I hated Him. Then I stopped believing in Him altogether.

Only to come full circle one day into having perfect peace about who He is.
And I didn't need a church to do it. That is just MY journey.
Yours will be different, as we are all different. Just don't try to fit yourself into some sort of box of what you are supposed to believe or do. Listen to your heart. And study Love. 1 corinthians 13 is a good start at finding that true picture of God. There is nothing to fear.

Peace friend,
sparrow

Such an encouraging read, Sparrow. :heart:

Old 08-16-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hanni, this is a rhetorical question: How can you lead someone where you have not gone?

One other thing: Lots of people are hated for lots of reasons. Being hated doesn't make one special, it just makes them a part of the human race.

That's like saying that the word of God and God's religion does not exist. Anyone can read Leviticus for themselves, anyone can study the recorded religion of God themselves, and I can lead people into the religion of God because it is the religion of God, his recorded words.

I can lead people into Judaism without being a perfect example of somebody who walks perfectly in Judaism. I can lead people away from Paganism, from adultery against God to converting to God's religion even if I am not the perfect example of somebody who walks perfectly in the religion of Messiah.

I can lead people to the love of the 7 feasts of Messiah, and the appointed visitation days given to the bride to know her own days of her own wedding without being the perfect bride. Whether I fail or not isn't going to change the religion of God, what I fail at isn't going to change God's commandments and it's not going to turn God into a Babylonian God with a Babylonian Messiah. I can lead people away from a Babylonian Messiah into following a Jewish Messiah.

You ask a general question and it is the wrong question, I may not be amongst the few that are chosen, but I am AT LEAST IN THE RELIGION OF GOD, and not of my opinion, it is the recorded religion that belongs to God, it isn't some made up, invented or adopted pagan God and pagan ways, it is God's ways, and if I can lead somebody to following God's ways, I don't have to be perfect, I just tell them,'' Here is what God has written and here are his recorded holy days, his recorded traditions and his peculiar ways that are peculiar to God, walk in them.''

Tell the Jews that, tell them that there is hatred everywhere, and that Anti-Semitism is the same as any hate, tell them a Christian said so, or somebody who is speaking for Christianity.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Many will make the claim that they are running the race to be first to the gate.
However, in the end they just might find themselves crossing the finish line last.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:09 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
ghostee, you know what? I personally believe that we do not lose anything in the afterlife. I think that may be your main fixation at the moment. Seems like you're worried about disasters and things because you haven't yet experienced things you want to experience, etc. I think that a lot of what is on earth is going to PALE into comparison to what God has planned for us. Even physical relationships... I think we will connect on a level so unbelievable than what we had on earth that the type of "physical relationship" we have now, is just going to, like I said, PALE. I believe it will STILL be physical, but it will include other aspects. Like a total connection that goes BEYOND what we experience now. And it will be far more spiritual and beautiful. Not what some people have degraded it to be, here on earth. And you know, even those who say there will be no such thing as a physical relationship in the afterlife, I personally feel THAT is a bit of degradation as well. God gave us a beautiful gift. It will become far more beautiful, not less. We are very limited at the moment. In ways, people don't even realize. We're living on this earth, which is truly just the tip of the iceberg.

So many people have such a bland, weird idea of the afterlife...
Don't be one of them.

Shift your focus to the good things you DO have in your life right now. So many of us have a lot of daily struggles. I hate being out in public, yet I have to go to a job everyday. I'm more of a hermit and kind of like to be alone. We're all different. We all have value. When you find someone you connect with, who is the same kind of person as you, you'll forget all of these worries. I don't mesh well with super outgoing, peppy people. I never have. I feel more comfortable around and tend to gravitate towards the more quiet, introspective people. That's just me. See, everyone is different.

Peace to you and I hope you have a nice day today,
sparrow
Beautiful and wonderful witness and encouragement, sparrow!

Old 08-16-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many will make the claim that they are running the race to be first to the gate.
However, in the end they just might find themselves crossing the finish line last.
That's why I know I aint winning the race.

I can give all kinds of scripture that testify against what I do where it specifically states who can and can't enter into abundant life to recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob because I am a person who willingly sins and thereby crucifying Christ daily, how will there be a sacrifice?

1 Corinthians ~ Here am I amongst the unrighteous.

The testimony against me

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Jesus is Coming ~ Revelation ~ Here I am amongst the dogs, but I know where I stand, and I do know there is a difference, I just don't lie to myself.

…14Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. 15But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity