Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 05:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have tried on numerous occasions to verbally describe the experience and failed. The unmistakable overall impression was one of unconditional love, acceptance, and joy but that is totally inadequate as a description. The "knowing" that this consciousness is the source of our entire reality was indescribable but undeniable. I retained my individuality but was lost in the Oneness of it all. The Oneness was a multitude of love that washed over me like The Wave at a sporting event, but that is also an extremely poor description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I fully understand what you are saying Mystic. I cannot come close to explaining my experience as you have, all i know there was this moment in time that i saw not only myself within this oneness you speak of, but that is where we all are, some have seen it some haven't that is the only difference, and of causse those that are seeing it are moved by it. That oneness is nothing other than love. There is no seperation from it other than in our minds.

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

We read this verse and think evil behaviour separated us from God, when it is actually the belief that we are evil that separates us in our minds from God, which in turn caused us to act evil.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord

I am also convinced that nothing ever has separated us.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 06:04 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
I fully understand what you are saying Mystic. I cannot come close to explaining my experience as you have, all i know there was this moment in time that i saw not only myself within this oneness you speak of, but that is where we all are, some have seen it some haven't that is the only difference, and of causse those that are seeing it are moved by it. That oneness is nothing other than love. There is no seperation from it other than in our minds.

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

We read this verse and think evil behaviour separated us from God, when it is actually the belief that we are evil that separates us in our minds from God, which in turn caused us to act evil.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord

It is not the belief that we were evil that separates us, WE WERE EVIL! You can think yourself good all day long, but Jesus said, "Why callest thou me good, there is NONE GOOD but the Father."

As for your carnal mind having any power to change that by virtue of what YOU think about yourself....

Rom 8:7 - Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If something cannot be subjected to the law because it can't be, it's because it's nature is INHERENTLY evil, and you can't make evil good, though there are those that try with all their might. Which is why it says...

Gen 6:5 - And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Mat 15:19 - For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

What you have done is make YOUR MIND, the judge of you, by giving it the "power" to determine your rightstanding with G-d based on what YOU think which in essence is no better than men's "self-help" books, when what it is, is every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of G-d. G-d changes man from the inside out, and every attempt of man to change himself is from the outside in, but does nothing about his spiritual condition, and that includes denying it because you "changed your thinking" about yourself. It's the epitome of a powerless, cross-less gospel. Peace

Old 09-13-2017, 07:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:38 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It is not the belief that we were evil that separates us, WE WERE EVIL! You can think yourself good all day long, but Jesus said, "Why callest thou me good, there is NONE GOOD but the Father."

As for your carnal mind having any power to change that by virtue of what YOU think about yourself....

Rom 8:7 - Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If something cannot be subjected to the law because it can't be, it's because it's nature is INHERENTLY evil, and you can't make evil good, though there are those that try with all their might. Which is why it says...

Gen 6:5 - And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Mat 15:19 - For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

What you have done is make YOUR MIND, the judge of you, by giving it the "power" to determine your rightstanding with G-d based on what YOU think which in essence is no better than men's "self-help" books, when what it is, is every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of G-d. G-d changes man from the inside out, and every attempt of man to change himself is from the outside in, but does nothing about his spiritual condition, and that includes denying it because you "changed your thinking" about yourself. It's the epitome of a powerless, cross-less gospel. Peace
perfect R .. love you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhxELo-uD3c

he was a perfectly man and obedient to the father to bring us back to be glorified again.. to show us an example of what perfectly man means. we are to be perfectly man as when we were free and created by God who is always perfectly God . but we are not to be perfectly a god knowing or defining good and evil for ourselves. we ask the Father for perfect wisdom. even Jesus asked the Father for perfect wisdom.. it seems he isn't quite as perfect as we thought he was... he is still a man.. and like that joke goes.. how come the pope is infallible? because he isn't married..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-13-2017 at 08:49 AM..

Old 09-13-2017, 10:22 AM

You guys keep believing you are evil , I will keep believing the only reason I ever acted evil was because I thought wrongly that I was and listened to what you guys have listened to for years. So you are calling Jesus evil then Rbbi, by quoting that Jesus comment ?.

I will declare what I have always been..... created in the image and likeness of God, and the only time I am not that which I declare that I am, is because I have thought and believed myself to be otherwise. Transformation and renewal of the minds comes by what focusing on what I am declared to be and not by what I have convinced myself to be, a lie down unworthy filthy rag worm of a sinner. When I formerly believed that, that is what I was, it had the tendency to see everyone else like that..... as filthy rags, unrighteous, no good and hell bound because of it.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:14 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

Amen, pcamps.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
As a woman thinks, too.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Yes, and that's true across the board. If the LORD in your heart reveals a thought to you, then you by mixing it with faith AND WORKS, have a chance to become that which was spoken. And you will become it (because His word will not return void) until you get with the program....HIS, no matter how many times you have to go around that particular mountain.

Carnal man's thoughts ALSO produce fruit, but they are powerless to change him from the inside out, powerless to exact a spiritual change, powerless to exact a lasting change. Which is why you see nearly every drug user even if clean for decades after rehab, eventually succumb, or they pick up another addiction in it's place to keep feeding the spirit of addiction. Because they cut off the trunk off the tree that bears the fruit, but they couldn't do a thing about the root, and like all trees if you cut them off and leave the root, they will eventually sprout again and grow a misshapen tree in the same spot, and bear more fruit.

We are changed from glory (terrestrial) to glory (celestial) by translating every thought out of the kingdom of darkness (carnal mind) and into the kingdom of light (mind of Christ), one erroneous thought at a time. This is what it means to take every thought captive to the mind of Christ, because the Spirit will quicken His word to you, and this is where you choose ye this day whom ye will serve.

Captive is a war term, and we're in a war that has armor, the first piece being the helmet of salvation, because the war begins in our darkened minds/hearts, the kingdom of darkness. Serving is a war term, also. We serve our King in battle, and until everything has been remade back into His image/root and likeness/fruit that we lost in the fall, the battle is NOT over, we do NOT sit on our laurels and proclaim that it is, that is a FALSE PEACE that will take many by surprise when He appears. Peace

Old 09-13-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, and that's true across the board. If the LORD in your heart reveals a thought to you, then you by mixing it with faith AND WORKS, have a chance to become that which was spoken. And you will become it (because His word will not return void) until you get with the program....HIS, no matter how many times you have to go around that particular mountain.
HIS program IS LOVE, Rbbi. As long as you think it is OBEDIENCE you will keep missing it and continue going around the mountain.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As a woman thinks, too.
Yes we should not forgot the ladies. My bad, i need to stop thinking in my heart i'm a caveman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity