Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 01:44 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is also no such thing as a license to judge what you assume is sin in another ^^^^^^^
Wrong as usual. If you believed the Bible, then you would know that Jesus said,

Matthew 18
[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
[16] But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
[17] And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

So yes, we are to make judgements about things, but not hypocritically; this is what Jesus is teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 01:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

He who does not live by the law shall die by the law. - Romans 2:12....
What translation is THAT...because that is precisely what Romans 2:12 is NOT about.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Matthew 18
[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
[16] But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
[17] And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

So yes, we are to make judgements about things, but not hypocritically; this is what Jesus is teaching.
If your brother sins against you is a completely different matter to judging everything that you assume is sin in another.

That said, if you are not strong and rooted in the love of God, and are offended by being sinned against the I feel you should be examining yourself.

I was greatly sinned against in the summer of 2014, the offender offered no apology, to this day I live my life like he never did anything, in fact I have helped him financially since then.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
If your brother sins against you is a completely different matter to judging everything that you assume is sin in another.

That said, if you are not strong and rooted in the love of God, and are offended by being sinned against the I feel you should be examining yourself.

I was greatly sinned against in the summer of 2014, the offender offered no apology, to this day I live my life like he never did anything, in fact I have helped him financially since then.
Sounds like problem, what was the offence?

Old 09-04-2017, 03:16 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Matthew 18

The verse right after what you quoted is pretty awesome too, don't ya think?

Matthew 18:18

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[b] loosed in heaven.

Matthew 16:19

18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.†20Then He admonished the disciples not to tell anyone that He was the Christ.

John 20:23

If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld."

Old 09-04-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The verse right after what you quoted is pretty awesome too, don't ya think?

Matthew 18:18

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[b] loosed in heaven.

Matthew 16:19

18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.†20Then He admonished the disciples not to tell anyone that He was the Christ.

John 20:23

If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld."
Amen.

Walking in prayer.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Sounds like problem, what was the offence?
I would prefer to keep that private.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I would prefer to keep that private.
Privacy. I do respect such here, this is an informal place.
You know, when it comes to family it is very important to encourage the ones that are being helpfull by attributing advice or councel. And not to reward the wicked when they cause harm.

If they only wish to harm you and are a detriment to your safety.
There is no obligation to them.

As what was posted before citing Yeshua (jesus)

This in the Spirit of councel.

1The preparations of the heart are man's, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:11 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Galatians 5:4 is as direct as you can get...

Quote:
If you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.
You're making the sacrifice God offered for you of no effect - think the Cross wasn't enough?

No, don't go there.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

"I did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it." - Matt. 5:17

The church today is delinquent in that it teaches liberty to sin. Nowhere in the Bible is this lawlessness taught or allowed.

Grace is given that man may freely live according to the law. What is impossible without grace is possible when grace is given.

Judgment is of the Law and judgment begins in the House of God where it has been taught that sin is a thing God approves of ........ He does not. He can not. The Law judges it and anyone who breaks it - including Christians.

You shall see judgment rain down upon churches and individuals who having once accepted Christ into their lives have abandoned both Christ and the Law.

It is time for sinner and the just to repent of their wickedness before the throne of God. It is time to turn away from it and to beg forgiveness and the grace which allows man to live according to the law.

He who does not live by the law shall die by the law. - Romans 2:12

Repent. The time is short.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Here is God hollering from the gates of heaven---

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity