Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:11 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
See post #8 concerning the perfect tense of οἶδεν, and that the date of Jesus' return CANNOT be known.

Your view that the 120 years in Genesis 6:3 refers to 120 Jubilee years has no Biblical basis. None whatsoever, and that view completely ignores the context of the passage.
Mike the verse has an earthly fulfillment and a spiritual one. If that verse didn't communicate that to you at this time then pray to God to open your understanding to the Spiritual significance of the verse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 04:17 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
No, you not reading what you stated. The rest of what you stated is contrary to the first thing you stated. Here is what you stated which is correct:

The Greek perfect tense refers to past action completed with ongoing results of a completed action.

Then you go and read a FUTURE Tense into with this comment:

No one has known, and going forword no one will know the day and hour that Jesus returns.

See what you did there Mike? you tried to pass of the PERFECT tense as a FUTURE Tense.
I know what I stated. The absence of knowledge about when Christ will return has never been known, and that lack of knowledge is continuous. And I assure you that since Jesus Himself during His lifetime didn't know when He would return, and since the angels don't know when He will return, then NEITHER DO YOU!!!

Old 10-20-2017, 04:20 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewillcome2040 View Post
i wish that people who quoted matthew 24:36 had the greek parsing. The verb is in the perfect tense. That means something that has happened and continues to happen. It is not future tense. Yet, i see everyone quote that verse as if it means that one can't know the day or the hour.

Consider the following verse:

Luk 12:46 the lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Jesus is going to come on an hour that someone is not aware of to appoint them their porition with the unbelievers. Therefore, what happens to those that look for him at that hour?

You see - those that hold that we can't know the day or the hour - are just quoting verses they don't understand correctly.

Look further:

Luk_19:44 and shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

jesus is expecting his followers to know the time of his visitation.
love it 2040 yes but ther will always be 10 virgins.. 5 ready 5 not. and those 5 were probably laughing at the ones who had more oil than they did.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Mike the verse has an earthly fulfillment and a spiritual one. If that verse didn't communicate that to you at this time then pray to God to open your understanding to the Spiritual significance of the verse.
And that's your excuse, your justification for claiming that the 120 years in Genesis 6:3 refers to 120 Jubilee years??? Again, there is absolutely no basis for interpreting it in that manner.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I know what I stated. The absence of knowledge about when Christ will return has never been known, and that lack of knowledge is continuous. And I assure you that since Jesus Himself during His lifetime didn't know when He would return, and since the angels don't know when He will return, then NEITHER DO YOU!!!
Mike, look at your statements, they are not reasoned and logical conclusions. You stating that the reason we can't know when Christ will return is because it wasn't known before. I have shown you that you applied a FUTURE tense in your interpretation of a PERFECT Tense.

Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Read that verse Mike. It shows that the Lord will come in a DAY and an HOUR when those unbelievers are NOT looking for Him. I am urging EVERYONE to learn of the DAY and HOUR.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
love it 2040 yes but ther will always be 10 virgins.. 5 ready 5 not. and those 5 were probably laughing at the ones who had more oil than they did.
There will be those that are not READY and WATCHING and many wont be watching because of people that spread this LIE that we CAN'T know the day or the hour of His Coming.

I'm happy to see you searching it out Xuipa.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
there have been hundreds of attempts to predict when Jesus will return or the end of the world will be or when the rapture will occur. [/url]
this is irrelevant to any discussion except the one that says all men are ignorant and fall short of his glory and wisdom..
that does mean we are not to seek wisdom from him and his word and his spirit .. in order to be ready and have our oil.. ..

Old 10-20-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
There will be those that are not READY and WATCHING and many wont be watching because of people that spread this LIE that we CAN'T know the day or the hour of His Coming.

I'm happy to see you searching it out Xuipa.
lol.. yep we both dropped those at the same time.. like minds run in the same ruts..

Old 10-20-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Mike, look at your statements, they are not reasoned and logical conclusions. You stating that the reason we can't know when Christ will return is because it wasn't known before.
As I said in post #5 ''Since no one knows when the rapture of the church will be, no one knows when the Tribulation will begin. And therefore no one knows when Jesus will return. All that is known is that once the Tribulation does begin it will last for seven years and Jesus will return at the end of those seven years.''

Quote:
I have shown you that you applied a FUTURE tense in your interpretation of a PERFECT Tense.
And I have explained that the perfect tense expresses past action completed with results that continue on. The lack of knowledge about when Jesus will return is continuous.

Quote:
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Read that verse Mike. It shows that the Lord will come in a DAY and an HOUR when those unbelievers are NOT looking for Him. I am urging EVERYONE to learn of the DAY and HOUR.
And you conclude that that day and hour will come about in the year 2040. No one knows are will know the precise day and hour of Jesus' return. The only ones who can have an approximate of when Jesus will return are believers during the Tribulational period because that Tribulational period will last for seven years. So once the Tribulation begins they will know that His return will be at the end of that Tribulational period.

No one before the Tribulation begins knows the day and hour of Jesus' return. And that includes you.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
And that's your excuse, your justification for claiming that the 120 years in Genesis 6:3 refers to 120 Jubilee years??? Again, there is absolutely no basis for interpreting it in that manner.
Mike there is nothing stated here that disproves what I stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity