Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 09:35 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I thought I would share some street preaching on Halloween 2016; this is a wicked night for people to engage in and a good time to reach the lost. The people assault the street preacher, but he did not revile back. It was very touching to see a Brother let his Jesus light shine brightly on such a dark night.

1 Peter 2
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
[23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgq_F-QoGmE
The amount of vitriol and hate was evidence in of itself to the foulness involved.
That was actually disturbing to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 11:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I do still think that was a possibility, yes, because it simply isn't logical. There has to be some explanation for you to believe an oddity such as that most kids are having seances and Ouija boards and generally practicing some sort of dark doings at Halloween parties.

And, um, no. That last sentence is your thing to say to people you don't like, but it's just not accurate.

Again, it's not an oddity, it's what was going on. Why you refuse to believe it, I don't know, I guess it suits your tastes.

No, that last sentence was dead on what you were/are doing. Peace

Old 10-22-2017, 11:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yeah, burning the books was somewhat wrong.
But there probably wasn't a recycling center nearby.

Not when He tells you to do it, it's not. Peace

Old 10-22-2017, 11:59 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Ignorance from the OP. Halloween stands for ALL HALLOW'S EVEN. It is a celebration of the dead, specifically, it is the night before All Saint's Day.

Do somevresearch. 5 minutes on wikipedia. All it would take.

Halloween, like Easter and Christmas, are actually extremely good holidays, because they celebrate times when Christians reached out to teach and welcome outsiders (the pagans merged these holidays with their own).

Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Rbbi1 is beset by demons and burns books.

'Nuff said.
I think we can all agree that there's a serious problem there if one actually burns books. A person who lives their life in hate and condemnation of others sees a twisted view of the world through a dark prism.

I just don't like when they claim they act that way for God, and I feel the need to call them on it. Which is probably an exercise in futility, and I should examine myself to see why I persist, lol.

This stupid Halloween thing comes up every year. It makes me extra cranky now because I have to watch my blood sugar and can't have any candy crack, I mean candy corn.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I thought I would share some street preaching on Halloween 2016; this is a wicked night for people to engage in and a good time to reach the lost. The people assault the street preacher, but he did not revile back. It was very touching to see a Brother let his Jesus light shine brightly on such a dark night.
typical the one blowing his horn while the guys are trying to preach about what really belongs to satan. sadly satan's people does NOT want to hear the words of God!

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-23-2017 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not when He tells you to do it, it's not. Peace
True, some materials might need to be destroyed to protect the generations coming afterwards.
I was asking about that last night.

And many examples came up.

Your right about the desensatizing that leads to worse conditions.
Similar to drug addiction,.
Which is probably connected by behavioral habits started early on in a child's developement.
It's a difficult task to raise children from the 60,s and on.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Funny that a person who salivates over people burning for an eternity thinks a dress-up party for children is evil.
first... no one will burn many really need to learn the truth concerning this false teaching of a actual "hellfire". secondly , if you do research on the origins of "halloween", you would see why Christians don't suppose to be a part of that worldly celebration. these things that may seem ok, are really from satan. this is how he draws people way from serving Jehovah God and following Jesus. no for those who's not trying to be a "Christian", it's there world. they can do what they please.... for now!

Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
While I'm sure your heart is in the right place, Halloween is what you make of it. While some people, such as Wiccans may attach a religious meaning to the holiday, to most people it is simply a time to dress up in costumes and party, and for children to 'trick or treat,' and is harmless. Children going house to house and getting candy are not worshiping Satan or seeking fellowship with the powers of evil.
do research on how the "trick or treat became part of this celebration. and how can tricking someone be harmless?, not necessarily so. don't be fool, those who are Christians shouldn't be a part of any man-made holiday, because it is... from satan, even if it may seem "harmless". Jesus said that he and his followers were "NO part of this world". meaning they didn't do what the rest of the world were doing. man follow man to his own destruction, just because someone came up with "Halloween", doesn't mean people has to follow it.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Ignorance from the OP. Halloween stands for ALL HALLOW'S EVEN. It is a celebration of the dead, specifically, it is the night before All Saint's Day.

Do somevresearch. 5 minutes on wikipedia. All it would take.

Halloween, like Easter and Christmas, are actually extremely good holidays, because they celebrate times when Christians reached out to teach and welcome outsiders (the pagans merged these holidays with their own).
Wiki?
Dig deeper and you'll find the source of it.
Hint: pagans make up pagan days to worship pagan deities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity