Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:03 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times

Advertisements

Well I'm still trying to figure out which God you're talking about. Is it Shiva, Ganesha,Vishnu, Brahma from the Hindu faith which is the oldest religion. Is it Allah? Is it Jesus? Is it Ganesh? Is it Yama, thinhwang, Yamantaka,Vaisrava, Hayagriva, Palden, Brahma, Begtse of the Buddhist faith? There are so many Gods and each faith believes that their way is the only way. If there truly was a God then why doesn't he show himself and declare that he deserves that title. One might be swayed to believe that God is a man made concept without concrete proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 01:43 AM

840 posts, read 773,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
IS GOD PLEASED WITH . . . SO MANY DENOMINATIONS?

Jesus Christ made it plain as day that the devisive sects / denominations have no place in a truly theocratic organization . . .

"On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name & cast out demons in your name & performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me you who break God's laws.’" (Matthew 7:22-23, NLT)

"For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform signs and wonders
so as to deceive, if possible, the chosen ones. You, then, watch out. . . ." (Mark 13:22-23, NLT)

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These very ones will quietly bring in *destructive sects* . . . Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, with covetousness *they will exploit You with counterfeit words.* But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering." (2 Peter 2:1-3)

"[The] inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons." (1 Timothy 4:1)

"Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you,but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." (1 Corinthians 1:10)

"Finally, brothers, continue to rejoice, to be readjusted, to be comforted,
to think in agreement, to live peaceably; and the God of love and of peace will be with you."
(2 Corinthians 13:11)

"Make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind." (Philippians 2:2)

Thousands of 'Christian' denominations are divided by conflicting doctrines & differing views. So how can you determine who is teaching the truth . . . ?

The Most Useful Comparison You May Ever Make
How to Compare Our Beliefs with Bible Teachings

Old 10-28-2017, 06:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
That Sunday evening[a] the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you

I challenge anyone to prove that God cannot be in a room where you think he should not be.

If i make my bed in hell you are there.

Never put constraints on God or in the suddenness that he can appear.

"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"

Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. A prostitute called Rahab proved this. How important is it then not to judge by appearance. Take note all you who believe you are authorised to judge what you think is sin

So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-28-2017 at 06:54 AM..

Old 10-28-2017, 11:24 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
only psuedo christian cults are obsessed about "denominations"

Old 10-28-2017, 06:23 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
God could care less about our denominations.......there is only one truly saved group on this planet and here it is.......

1 Corinthians 12:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

The "body of Christ" is it........put together not by man but by the Holy Spirit....

Old 10-28-2017, 07:05 PM

998 posts, read 786,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Well I'm still trying to figure out which God you're talking about. Is it Shiva, Ganesha,Vishnu, Brahma from the Hindu faith which is the oldest religion. Is it Allah? Is it Jesus? Is it Ganesh? Is it Yama, thinhwang, Yamantaka,Vaisrava, Hayagriva, Palden, Brahma, Begtse of the Buddhist faith? There are so many Gods and each faith believes that their way is the only way. If there truly was a God then why doesn't he show himself and declare that he deserves that title. One might be swayed to believe that God is a man made concept without concrete proof.
you forgot one Brother,
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...iversal-father

Old 10-31-2017, 07:24 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Religion is the expression of personal faith or belief. It is the celebration of faith agreed upon by a group of people.

Differences in religious observation can be attributed to local custom, local tradition, history and ethnic background. This is true for every religion on the planet. As long as people are different from one region to another and from one race to another, there will be differences in the way they celebrate their faith. To assume there must be one true way to celebrate one's faith and no other way to celebrate faith - is to ignore human nature.

Spiritual truth is different.

For it to be truly true, spiritual truth must be recognized by a wide number of groups, not individuals only.
- In Christendom, the central or core truth is that the Law was given by God for conviction of sin - so that man would know what sin is and how it looks in God's eyes....so that man would know his own sin.
- In Christendom, it is universally recognized that the substitutionary death of Christ satisfies God's Law that a death is required to pay the penalty for sin.
- In Christendom, it is universally recognized that Christ is God, that He was born of a virgin (according to ancient prophecy), that He died upon the cross and that He rose again from the dead.
- In Christendom, it is universally recognized that man is saved by grace through faith and not by any works or deeds.

These are some of the core beliefs of Christianity. Across the world and around the planet, Christians have formed separate groups, or denominations, to celebrate their faith and to abide by behavior that is important to them where they live.

But Christians aren't the only religious folk who have chosen to celebrate their faith with a slightly different spin. Islam is centuries old and through the years has developed dozens of different groups to reflect their belief in their god and their path to live it. The Hindu, the Buddhist, the Jew as well as many others also choose to recognize their specific point of view regarding their spiritual beliefs and celebration of it.

Political systems are likewise dissimilar. Some countries flourish under representative government, while others choose a more authoritarian system. Some nations believe that private enterprise will lead to a good life for their people, while others deny it altogether and are quite happy living a more simple existence.

People are different and as a result choose to express their lives differently. The problem with modern American authoritarian points of view is that everybody must live as though created in a cookie cutter society - all the same.

America is intolerant of different points of view.

One must be politically correct or one is wrong - in America. America has become a pseudonym for a new dictatorship of the mind - thought control in its most abhorrent form. Americans cannot understand diversity. We preach it to ourselves, but in point of fact deny it most vehemently and in some cases have made diversity illegal. Diversity was once called freedom. Today in America its called treason.

One wonders what tomorrow will call it.

Judgment is upon us and the time to repent of our sins is NOW. This truth is recognized universally.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
[quote=Robert M Prince;49942807 [/QUOTE]

Jehovah God, isn't pleased, neither is Jesus, they know it's ONLY one true teaching. MANY believe the truth has ceased. but Jesus showed the truth will be teached up to the End throughout the Earth ,(Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come). throughout the years satan has put it in the minds of man to come up with teachings that didn't go with what Jehovah's words said. sadly MANY had accepted some forms of false teachings ,(Colo.2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ).

from the beginning of the days he delivered the Israelites out of Egypt. it was them who he revealed his name...in their language of course. some believe it was Yahweh, which is Jehovah in English ,(Exo. 6:3). these were his chosen people who would have accurate knowledge. though any who wanted to worship this true God were welcomed. other nation were worshipping false ,man-made gods. the Israelites were the ONLY people at that time who were about to gain accurate knowledge. some has said that ALL religions lead to the same road. if that were true, the scriptures wouldn't show that ALL religious teachings except the truth will be done away with.

these are called either "Babylon" or the "harlot." and the Book of Revelations speaks much on the subject of false religion. be-it symbolically or literally. (Rev.14:8-12 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication). some believe this was referring to ancient Babylon, but notice it says "SHE". again, because false religion is also called a "harlot" ,(Rev.17:1-6, And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication).

false religious leaders mixes with the "kings of the earth",(governments). they don't suppose to put their trust in worldly governments ,(Psa.146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help). these kings also don't worship Jehovah God or follow Jesus. in fact, they are against them ,(Psa. 2:2-4 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands). so again, because of false religion's fornication with the governments, they will be destroyed. this is why were are warned to "come out of her" ,(Rev. 18:4 I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don’t receive of her plagues). when the End actually hits, there will be ONLY one true teaching still standing.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:58 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Jehovah God, isn't pleased, neither is Jesus, they know it's ONLY one true teaching. MANY believe the truth has ceased. but Jesus showed the truth will be teached up to the End throughout the Earth ,(Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come). throughout the years satan has put it in the minds of man to come up with teachings that didn't go with what Jehovah's words said. sadly MANY had accepted some forms of false teachings ,(Colo.2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ).

from the beginning of the days he delivered the Israelites out of Egypt. it was them who he revealed his name...in their language of course. some believe it was Yahweh, which is Jehovah in English ,(Exo. 6:3). these were his chosen people who would have accurate knowledge. though any who wanted to worship this true God were welcomed. other nation were worshipping false ,man-made gods. the Israelites were the ONLY people at that time who were about to gain accurate knowledge. some has said that ALL religions lead to the same road. if that were true, the scriptures wouldn't show that ALL religious teachings except the truth will be done away with.

these are called either "Babylon" or the "harlot." and the Book of Revelations speaks much on the subject of false religion. be-it symbolically or literally. (Rev.14:8-12 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication). some believe this was referring to ancient Babylon, but notice it says "SHE". again, because false religion is also called a "harlot" ,(Rev.17:1-6, And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication).

false religious leaders mixes with the "kings of the earth",(governments). they don't suppose to put their trust in worldly governments ,(Psa.146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help). these kings also don't worship Jehovah God or follow Jesus. in fact, they are against them ,(Psa. 2:2-4 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands). so again, because of false religion's fornication with the governments, they will be destroyed. this is why were are warned to "come out of her" ,(Rev. 18:4 I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don’t receive of her plagues). when the End actually hits, there will be ONLY one true teaching still standing.
I understand that you belong to Jehovah's the Witnesses. You have some very good doctrines but I do not agree that you or my non-denominational church, for that matter, have THE ONLY true doctrines.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
Jesus Christ made it plain as day that the devisive sects / denominations have no place in a truly theocratic organization . . .

"On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name & cast out demons in your name & performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me you who break God's laws.’" (Matthew 7:22-23, NLT)

"For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform signs and wonders
so as to deceive, if possible, the chosen ones. You, then, watch out. . . ." (Mark 13:22-23, NLT)

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These very ones will quietly bring in *destructive sects* . . . Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, with covetousness *they will exploit You with counterfeit words.* But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering." (2 Peter 2:1-3)

"[The] inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons." (1 Timothy 4:1)

"Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you,but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." (1 Corinthians 1:10)

"Finally, brothers, continue to rejoice, to be readjusted, to be comforted,
to think in agreement, to live peaceably; and the God of love and of peace will be with you."
(2 Corinthians 13:11)

"Make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind." (Philippians 2:2)

Thousands of 'Christian' denominations are divided by conflicting doctrines & differing views. So how can you determine who is teaching the truth . . . ?

The Most Useful Comparison You May Ever Make
How to Compare Our Beliefs with Bible Teachings

JWs do not follow the bible only what the organization teaches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity