Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 05:21 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,754,765 times

Advertisements

Christens against Christens

the enemy may have you in a debate Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me.” {Mark 14:30}
Because Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat, Peter stumble twice! Was in the influence of Satan?
Luke 22: 33 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
{Romans 8:5}

Phil 2:3-5 Doing nothing through envy or through pride, but with low thoughts of self let everyone take others to be better than himself; Not looking everyone to his private good, but keeping in mind the things of others. Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus

Phil 1:15-17 Though some are preaching Christ out of envy and competition, others do it out of a good heart: These do it from love, conscious that I am responsible for the cause of the good news: But those are preaching Christ in a spirit of competition, not from their hearts, but with the purpose of giving me pain in my prison.

2 Cor 1:12 For our glory is in this, in the knowledge which we have that our way of life in the world, and most of all in relation to you, has been holy and true in the eyes of God; not in the wisdom of the flesh, but in the grace of God.

Titus 1:9-10 Keeping to the true word of the teaching, so that he may be able to give comfort by right teaching and overcome the arguments of the doubters. For there are men who are not ruled by law; foolish talkers, false teachers, especially those of the circumcision,

Phil 1:16-17 These do it from love, conscious that I am responsible for the cause of the good news: But those are preaching Christ in a spirit of competition, not from their hearts, but with the purpose of giving me pain in my prison.

2 Cor 12:20 For I have a fear that, when I come, you may not be answering to my desire, and that I may not be answering to yours; that there may be fighting, hate, angry feeling, divisions, evil talk about others, secrets, thoughts of pride, outbursts against authority;

Prov 30:11-14 There is a generation who put a curse on their father, and do not give a blessing to their mother. There is a generation who seems to themselves to be free from sin, but are not washed from their unclean ways. There is a generation, O how full of pride are their eyes! O how their brows are lifted up! There is a generation whose teeth are like swords, their strong teeth like knives, for the destruction of the poor from the earth, and of those who are in need from among men.

Prov 11:24-26 A man may give freely, and still his wealth will be increased; and another may keep back more than is right, but only comes to be in need. He who gives blessing will be made fat, but the curser will himself be cursed. He who keeps back grain will be cursed by the people; but a blessing will be on the head of him who lets them have it for a price.

1 Cor 11:27-34 If, then, anyone takes the bread or the cup of the Lord in the wrong spirit, he will be responsible for the body and blood of the Lord. But let no man take of the bread and the cup without testing himself. For a man puts himself in danger, if he takes part in the holy meal without being conscious that it is the Lord's body. For this cause a number of you are feeble and ill, and a number are dead. But if we were true judges of ourselves, punishment would not come on us. But if punishment does come, it is sent by the Lord, so that we may be safe when the world is judged. So then, my brothers, when you come together to the holy meal of the Lord, let there be waiting for one another. If any man is in need of food, let him take his meal in his house; so that you may not come together to your damage. And the rest I will put in order when I come.

Malachi 3: 16 - 18 Then those in whom was the fear of the Lord had talk together: and the Lord gave ear, and it was recorded in a book to be kept in mind before him, for those who had the fear of the Lord and gave thought to his name. And they will be mine, says the Lord, in the day when I make them my special property; and I will have mercy on them as a man has mercy on his son who is his servant. Then you will again see how the upright man is different from the sinner, and the servant of God from him who is not. 1

Tim 3:1-7 This is a true saying, A man desiring the position of a Bishop has a desire for a good work. The Bishop, then, is to be a man of good name, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, serious-minded, having respect for order, opening his house freely to guests, a ready teacher; Not quickly moved to wrath or blows, but gentle; no fighter, no lover of money; Ruling his house well, having his children under control with all serious behaviour; (For if a man has not the art of ruling his house, how will he take care of the church of God?) Not one newly taken into the church, for fear that, through his high opinion of himself, he may come into the same sin as the Evil One. And he is to have a good name among those outside the church, so that nothing may be said against him and he may not be taken by the designs of the Evil One.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

I am a firm believer in "police your own first.", in fact, its one of my base blind faith statements.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:51 PM

17,394 posts, read 22,144,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Spelling might help if you want people to consider reading your thread.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:01 PM

88,688 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Spelling might help if you want people to consider reading your thread.
Especially when the word is on the same page.

I'm tolerant of typos except for my own, but really?

Old 11-13-2017, 06:10 PM

10,058 posts, read 4,986,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am a firm believer in "police your own first.", in fact, its one of my base blind faith statements.
Sounds as if the Bible is also a firm believer in ' police your own first ' as mentioned at 1st Corinthians 5:11-13

Old 11-13-2017, 07:48 PM

88,688 posts, read 85,015,124 times
I think the Christianity sub-forum needs a sub-sub forum for people who want to have a Bible verse quotefest.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-13-2017 at 08:04 PM..

Old 11-13-2017, 07:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think the Christianity sub-forum needs a sub-sub forum for people who want to have a Bible verse quotefest,
I'm pretty sure I'd stay away from that one.

So, expect a lot of votes for it from the fundamentalists.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:37 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,606,333 times
What's a Christen?

Old 11-13-2017, 09:32 PM

11,138 posts, read 7,205,083 times
Probably means Kristen, as when two women with the same name find themselves in a cat fight. Yeah, not a pretty sight

Old 11-14-2017, 03:42 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Sounds as if the Bible is also a firm believer in ' police your own first ' as mentioned at 1st Corinthians 5:11-13
oh yeah, that book has many useful tidbits for people. That really has never been in question for me. There is no bible type god and the book was never intended to be taken literally. But to flat deny its usefulness is silliness at this point. Doing that doesn't fit my scientific method and logistics nature.

The book is not to be taken literally, doing such turns the meaning (you guys call it spirit) into babble. In fact, literal religion is the tower of babble. The rest of us can't understand the literalists to tell ya the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity