Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 12:31 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
All I can say to anyone who provokes another is this

Gal 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
Gal 5:2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.
Gal 5:3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.
Gal 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
Gal 5:5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness.
Gal 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
Gal 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
Gal 5:8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.
Gal 5:9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
Gal 5:10 I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is.
Gal 5:11 But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed.
Gal 5:12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!
Gal 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Gal 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.
Keep in Step with the Spirit

Gal 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
Gal 5:21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Gal 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
I am very aware of the Scriptures. Didnt you confess that you don’t believe everything in the Bible? Or, at the very least you have your own interpretation? Let us know , please

Last edited by SumTingy; 03-18-2018 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 12:52 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
This pertains to the saved not the dead. So why do you even bother posting it?
Lol..... you do not get it. Just because you say you believe in Jesus does not mean you know who he is.

You come across very judgmental and it seems that the support for you to act like that comes from the bible, how the bible is used reveals what is in the heart of the people who use it.

Why does anyone bother posting? This forum is for anyone to express their opinion “about” Christianity

You reveal what is in your heart by what you say

I believe that the bible is not a black/white text book of “how to be saved and go to heaven” there is a lot more in it but if your mind is closed you will not see it.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Lol..... you do not get it. Just because you say you believe in Jesus does not mean you know who he is.

You come across very judgmental and it seems that the support for you to act like that comes from the bible, how the bible is used reveals what is in the heart of the people who use it.

Why does anyone bother posting? This forum is for anyone to express their opinion “about” Christianity

You reveal what is in your heart by what you say

I believe that the bible is not a black/white text book of “how to be saved and go to heaven” there is a lot more in it but if your mind is closed you will not see it.
You think I am harsh for talking about sin. It is done because EVERYONE needs to know the gravity of their transgressions. Jesus talked more about Hell than anyone else. That should shake you to the core

Hebrews 10:31
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Stop with your foolishness before it is too late. Jesus will not claim you as His own unless you acknowledge that He is God.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
You think I am harsh for talking about sin. It is done because EVERYONE needs to know the gravity of their transgressions. Jesus talked more about Hell than anyone else. That should shake you to the core

Hebrews 10:31
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Stop with your foolishness before it is too late. Jesus will not claim you as His own unless you acknowledge that He is God.
You seem to think that the “sin” was being a human, and that is what God is saving humanity from....... but the bible was written by men inspired by the Spirit... it was written about and to those who were “chosen” and reflects both them and God.

If a child is inspired to paint a picture of a horse, depending on how old that child will depend on how close the representation is of a horse.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
You seem to think that the “sin” was being a human, and that is what God is saving humanity from....... but the bible was written by men inspired by the Spirit... it was written about and to those who were “chosen” and reflects both them and God.

If a child is inspired to paint a picture of a horse, depending on how old that child will depend on how close the representation is of a horse.

One thing that I noticed is that your group presumes quite a bit. Most of it is a form of passive agression meaning to be an insult or a provocation. I am a bit more upfront as I think your way is about deception.

Sin is the transgression of the law of God. Since God is perfect it is best to listen to what He says.

Your group is out of main stream with most theologians. My faith, on the other hand, is inline with the experts. I am telling you that you better straightened up and stop with your made up theology. That is a game you will most certainly lose.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
One thing that I noticed is that your group presumes quite a bit. Most of it is a form of passive agression meaning to be an insult or a provocation. I am a bit more upfront as I think your way is about deception.

Sin is the transgression of the law of God. Since God is perfect it is best to listen to what He says.

Your group is out of main stream with most theologians. My faith, on the other hand, is inline with the experts. I am telling you that you better straightened up and stop with your made up theology. That is a game you will most certainly lose.
I don’t belong to a “group”

I am just an individual asking questions, forming conclusions.....

Everyone on this forum is an individual and you have a diversity of opinions just like you get in “Christianity” and society at large.

Christianity is divided, which “experts” in Christianity are the right ones to listen to? Is Christ divided? His disciples were sent out to teach all nations and be one just as him and his father were one........

To me it seems that Christianity is not “the way” that Jesus was showing the world.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I don’t belong to a “group”

I am just an individual asking questions, forming conclusions.....

Everyone on this forum is an individual and you have a diversity of opinions just like you get in “Christianity” and society at large.

Christianity is divided, which “experts” in Christianity are the right ones to listen to? Is Christ divided? His disciples were sent out to teach all nations and be one just as him and his father were one........

To me it seems that Christianity is not “the way” that Jesus was showing the world.
Nope. The group has two things in common. They reject who Jesus is. And, they deny that the whole Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit. They cherry pick out some verses that they feel it fits their lifestyle and self created theology.

I don’t blog about RNC issues or about science posting because that is just news. These posts deal on how you will spend eternity.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:45 PM

998 posts, read 787,480 times
You two should get a room

Old 03-18-2018, 04:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
You two should get a room
One with a view of an ocean of love, grace, mercy and forgiveness.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Nope. The group has two things in common. They reject who Jesus is. And, they deny that the whole Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit. They cherry pick out some verses that they feel it fits their lifestyle and self created theology.

I don’t blog about RNC issues or about science posting because that is just news. These posts deal on how you will spend eternity.
Doctrines of men that are the foundation of your faith. Not Bible, conclusions drawn by SOME theologians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity