Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 01:13 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,232,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Jimmie. Basically, the parable concerns the rejection of Jesus by the Jews who were the original recipients of the invitation, and the resulting invitation to all who would come, both Jews and Gentiles alike.

As for the man who was not properly dressed and was thrown out into the outer darkness, how did he even get into the wedding feast at all? Well, this is a parable and all the details in a parable can't be pressed too literally and so it is perhaps better to leave the symbolism at this point in the parable a bit vague. Perhaps the symbolism refers to the man not being dressed with the righteousness of Christ. The main point was that he was not acceptable to be at the wedding feast and was rejected.
The purpose of a parable is to teach or exhort those who have ears to hear. It is not for those who have ears but do not hear. Therefore, a parable is never vague to everyone. Just to those who can't hear.

There's not need to leave the symbolism alone or just consider it vague. The information is there to be understood. Not to be vague. And it's obvious. The man was DRESSED in the garbs of one who is invited, and he fooled the slaves who went seeking those who wished to attend the feast. But God was not fooled like the slaves were, for he knows his people. The man was dressed in the right robes on the outside, but inside he was NOT an heir to the kingdom. And thus he was thrown out.

The moral of the parable: The chaff will be separated from the wheat. And not all those who say "Lord Lord" on that day will be accepted. "Depart from me. I knew you not".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 01:34 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
The purpose of a parable is to teach or exhort those who have ears to hear. It is not for those who have ears but do not hear. Therefore, a parable is never vague to everyone. Just to those who can't hear.

There's not need to leave the symbolism alone or just consider it vague. The information is there to be understood. Not to be vague. And it's obvious. The man was DRESSED in the garbs of one who is invited, and he fooled the slaves who went seeking those who wished to attend the feast. But God was not fooled like the slaves were, for he knows his people. The man was dressed in the right robes on the outside, but inside he was NOT an heir to the kingdom. And thus he was thrown out.

The moral of the parable: The chaff will be separated from the wheat. And not all those who say "Lord Lord" on that day will be accepted. "Depart from me. I knew you not".

The tare and the wheat is the same person.

AGAIN, you really want to speak about the wheat harvest?

Then tell us every single thing done and said on Shavuot.

Tell us about the wheat harvest, tell us everything about sowing your barley seed, tell us everything said and done in Sukkot and of the medicine of Sukkot.

The sower is a person sowing his Barley seed in Passover and dying daily to let Christ live until he moves on to the wheat harvest.

When Satan asked that a disciples be handed over to him to be sifted as wheat, it is talking about a single person.

EVERY SINGLE PARABLE is written in secret to ONLY THOSE who know the comings and goings of the temple, EXACTLY what the priests are doing on those holy days, EXACTLY what is said in the appointed prayers that are said on exact days.

The reason NO GENTILE can understand the parables is the simple fact that they haven't a clue about the religion of Jesus and his 7 feasts, and NOBODY has any chance of understanding any parable until they know the feasts like the back of their hand, and they know the history of Ephraim and Judah like the back of their hand.

You may as well bring every Atheist in here to hear their opinion because it will be just like the Christian opinion, guess, and guess, and make things up and guess, and guess, but it is hidden from you all who despise the worship system of God.

Learn the temple, you learn yourself. Learn the comings and goings of the temple and you learn what happens in body, in soul, and in spirit, but unless you know the feasts of Jesus and what takes place on those feasts, you may as well be reading Greek.

Learn the religion of God, and maybe you can read parables.

You are given a barley seed, and then a wheat seed, and then the smallest of seeds that makes you become a priest, but unless you pray for the rain of sukkot to fall on your seed, your seed will never die, and it will never bear fruit.

Those 3 harvest are for you to know body, soul, and spirit.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:24 AM

By What keys does somebody think unlocks these parables?

Jesus used a template of the comings and goings of the temple and who Ephraim and Judah are to hide the secrets he is speaking in.

Why do you have to know who Ephraim and Judah are?

Because YOU are Ephraim, and YOU are Judah. Jesus came and took two men and made them one man, flesh and spirit, kingdom against kingdom.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
When you think in terms of salvation being saved from eternal hell to heaven you cannot see the truth that the tare and the wheat are the same person. It's a theme that runs throughout the whole of scripture.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:

The tare and the wheat are not the same person. Read the verse

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares Matthew 13:24-30

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

...as for the rest of your post... it obviously contradicts what Jesus said. This is what makes your post ironic. Since it's not a matter of understands feasts and their meanings; that comes later. But Jesus talked about who would understand the parables... and who wouldn't. And who would understand later. It's also covered in Matthew 13:

10. The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11. He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.
12. Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
13. This is why I speak to them in parables:

Last edited by Led Zeppelin; 04-07-2018 at 08:40 AM..

Old 04-07-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When you think in terms of salvation being saved from eternal hell to heaven you cannot see the truth that the tare and the wheat are the same person. It's a theme that runs throughout the whole of scripture.

This guy is preaching his own religion. Not the Bible. I would disregard him. Matthew 13 in no way shape or form indicates what he is saying. He's what I would call an occultist - in terms of the original meaning of the term.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:28 AM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
When did Judah ever reject the feasts?

The kingdom of Israel rejected the feasts 1000 year before Jesus and they were wiped out and ended Because they rejected the feasts. Jews of Judah have never rejected the feasts, Christians reject the feasts and they want to discuss a parable about the feasts.

The kingdom of heaven is you, THIS ISN'T TALKING ABOUT HISTORY.
Wrong. He is not talking about "feasts".

Remember, it is a parable.

"Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them, straight are the ways of the Lord, the just walk in them but sinners stumble. "

Go and sin no more.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Wrong. He is not talking about "feasts".

Remember, it is a parable.

"Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them, straight are the ways of the Lord, the just walk in them but sinners stumble. "

Go and sin no more.
Heck, maybe the answers are in the Harry Potter book?

Who knows where the answers could be.

LOL, people who don't keep the feasts, who don't know anything said or done on the feasts, people who don't know anything about Shavuot sit here and discuss Shavuot lol. Do you people know that the wheat and the tares is the wheat harvest, AND HOW MANY OF YOU KNOW IT LIKE THE BACK OF YOUR HAND?

DOES EVEN ONE OF YOU KEEP IT, DOES EVEN ONE OF YOU KNOW IT?

We are told that we are two in many, many places. Galatians explains it, Paul explains how this body of death sins, but hey, he don't.

WE are told that we are both the seed of Isaac and of the seed of Ishmael, our mothers ARE Sarah and Hagar.

But all you guys know Shavuot huh?

Again, it is embarrassing to watch people speak of feast days they reject and know nothing about.

Sons and Heirs
(Genesis 21:1-8; Romans 8:12-17)

1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Paul's Concern for the Galatians
8Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
12Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. 14And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? 17They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. 18But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you. 19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, 20I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

Hagar and Sarah
21Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

What do people think born again means?

It means that you are born as a brand new creature into a body that doesn't even belong to you.

You are two kingdoms, one of flesh and one of spirit.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Which one of you people have driven out the bondswoman and her son?

Galatians 4:30
But what does the Scripture say? "Expel the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."

And if you don't even notice their presence, how then shall you kick them out?

Two sons is the same womb, the flesh and the spirit, and when you read Parables about the two, you simply don't know what it is saying because you don't know there are two sons, the wheat AND the tare.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:50 AM

Whoever wants to discuss a parable should know the 7 feast days and the holy 8th day of Christ, and I don't mean that you just learn the dates. You have to learn EVERYTHING the priests are doing on every feast day, and you can't find this in the bible. You have to know the Torah cycle, and you can't find this in the bible.

If you want to know a parable, you have to know every single feast in truth and in spirit, and you have to know EVERYTHING the congregation is doing during those feast days or you can just guess, and guess and make things up about things you don't know about.

Learn the law, learn the feasts and the comings and goings of the temple before you ever read a parable because you have no chance of understanding a parable, it is hidden from Gentiles who keep pagan worship systems and who reject the 7 feasts and holy 8th day of Christ. The temple is a shadow and a mirror of the kingdom of heaven, learn the temple and it's comings and goings and you may be able to read parables.

Ezekiel 43
10Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern. 11And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them. 12This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

Hebrews
They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary. That is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle, “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

YOU ARE THE TEMPLE, the comings and goings are of YOU, The feasts days ARE OF YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity