Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 PM

3,220 posts, read 927,959 times

Advertisements

Here Jesus equates believing with having God's word abiding/living in you.

Do you agree with His statement?

John 5:38
and you do not have his word abiding in you, because you do not believe him whom he has sent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 PM

1,183 posts, read 538,290 times
And ..
39*You search the scriptures because you think that you have eternal life in them, and it is these that testify about me. 40*And you are not willing to come to me so that you may have life.

Jesus talking about the Old Testament as though it was true? How can the meat puppets explain this one away?

Old 04-05-2018, 10:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
Well, yeah.
I am a healer...do you know how many times people will say to me something like,
"But, my knee is bone on bone.."

I chuckle, of course.
Like the God that creates and maintains Universes can not heal a knee!!

Believe.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
And ..
39*You search the scriptures because you think that you have eternal life in them, and it is these that testify about me. 40*And you are not willing to come to me so that you may have life.

Jesus talking about the Old Testament as though it was true? How can the meat puppets explain this one away?
Notice He said they are not willing to come to Him but they did come to listen to what He had to say so Jesus was thinking of another meaning of coming to Him.

Jesus describes coming to Him here;

"Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light."

Old 04-08-2018, 05:50 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,883,507 times
God's "word" was that which supported love, peace, and justice. To not believe a man who brought that messaged to conservative religious people meant that the religious people really didn't know God.

In today's terms, it would be like telling evangelicals that they don't know God since they don't believe a man like Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders was sent by God because his words match God's. But the religious people have rejected him.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:35 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Here Jesus equates believing with having God's word abiding/living in you.

Do you agree with His statement?

John 5:38
and you do not have his word abiding in you, because you do not believe him whom he has sent.
THe question is more along the line of "What do you believe Jesus is saying here?" Of course we should believe him. I'm guessing there will be some way out and crazy ideas of what Jesus was saying here.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
THe question is more along the line of "What do you believe Jesus is saying here?" Of course we should believe him. I'm guessing there will be some way out and crazy ideas of what Jesus was saying here.
If you look at it closely one must have God's word in them in order to believe.

Problem is, people do not want to believe as Jesus intended.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
God's "word" was that which supported love, peace, and justice. To not believe a man who brought that messaged to conservative religious people meant that the religious people really didn't know God.

In today's terms, it would be like telling evangelicals that they don't know God since they don't believe a man like Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders was sent by God because his words match God's. But the religious people have rejected him.
Ya right

"The one who is sent by God, he speaks the words of God."

Who sent me?

Old 04-09-2018, 06:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
If you look at it closely one must have God's word in them in order to believe.

Problem is, people do not want to believe as Jesus intended.
They especially do not want to take his yoke upon themselves.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They especially do not want to take his yoke upon themselves.
Correct. But then they say they believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity