Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 07:42 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This is the only generation that would accept this man of sin; other generations would have rejected him.

Daniel 11
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

He might possibly be a homosexual too.

Daniel - Chapter 11

36 And the king will do as he wishes, and he will exalt himself and magnify himself over every powerful one, and about the God of the mighty he will speak wondrous things, and he will succeed until the fury is spent, when it will be finished and executed.

And the king will do as he wishes: the kingdom of Rome.

and he will succeed until the fury is spent: until the wrath of the Holy One, blessed be He, returns from Israel.

when it will be finished and executed: when His decree will be finished. כִּי is like כַּאֲשֶׁר, when.

37 Andhe will not contemplate the gods of his fathers, and the most desirable of women and any god he will not contemplate, for he will magnify himself over all.

And he will not contemplate the gods of his fathers: he will not put his mind to the Holy One, blessed be He, Who is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, his [i. e., Israel’s] forefathers.

the most desirable of women: the nation of Israel, [called] fairest of women.

It’s a metaphor for Israel and not about homosexuality...The king of Rome will not only disregard the gods of his own fathers, but he will also disregard the one true G-d [of Israel]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There is no antichrist in my religion, so not my problem

Except I hope the fundamentalist nut cases don't go on witch hunts, murdering people that they imagine to be guilty of supernatural activities.
Oh, they will...They have a history of doing so...

Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Christ came and many didn't recognize him. and he was written about and spoke of even when he was born, (see Matthews 2:5 & 6).

PCY
No he wasn’t...

Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
If the fundamentalist Christians turn out to be right, the Anti Christ won’t arrive on the world scene until after the Rapture of all true Christians. Since certain Christian denominations are claiming that 2018 could very well be the year that the Rapture happens, then I suspect there will be mass hysteria and panic once the “Church” along with the Holy Spirit have been removed from earth. I am more and more expecting Jesus to return this year, but since the Bible States that no one will know the exact date of his return, as Christians, we should in all reality be prepared in case the Rapture of the Church does in fact happen this year. Since The situation with North Korea seems to be settling down, this makes this year all the more reason to suspect that the Rapture MIGHT occur shortly. I don’t know if Jesus is in fact really coming back for his bride this year or not, but it doesn’t resonate very well with me with all these Christian people claiming that they INSIST that they know when The Rapture will occur.
Lol.... in early 1970’s my mother was telling me “the end of the world” is nigh and the “rapture” is about to happen

Old 04-20-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
from reading these post, one can see why it will be hard to spot the AC.

and here's one of the reasons. men doctrine, pre-tribulation rapture, Preterism, Unitarianism, and the list goes on and on.

but this one scares me the most, not for myself, but others who are caught up in these and other beliefs is this.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie"

PCY
King David stated what was truth and righteousness...The Torah of HaShem...

Old 04-20-2018, 07:57 PM

The idea of mashiach (messiah) is an ancient one in Judaism
The Jewish idea of mashiach is a great human leader like King David, not a savior
There is much speculation about when the mashiach will come
The Bible identifies several tasks that the mashiach will accomplish
Jews do not believe in Jesus because he did not accomplish these tasks.

What Will the Mashiach Do?

(hide)
Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

Judaism 101: Mashiach: The Messiah

Old 04-20-2018, 08:01 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
People laugh and mock about the idea of the AntiChrist. Any reference to what the Bible says is now considered a joke In academia, media, and our government.
Ancient Jewish thought tells it like it is, we are flesh and spirit and we are kingdom against kingdom. The evil one to be revealed is revealed in everyone.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was talking about this with my dad the other day and the more I thought about it and looked at what the bible says about the AC in general, It actually should be very easy to identify him when he comes unto the global stage...

The bible says he will be well liked and do many good things, and even appearing to have solved the worlds problems very quickly and easily, but it also says he will perform supernatural acts, such as calling fire down from the sky.

Its 2018 right now, we have the internet, Youtube, FB, etc, Ive never ever seen anyone in the entire world doing something like this, and I have to imagine the first time ANY person does, it will be instant news the world over pretty quick, so the first person who has supernatural abilities, is most likely going to be the AC, especially if he meets all the other descriptions...right?

The only exception I can think of that possibly throw a wrench into this, would be if there are numerous people at the same time, all having supernatural abilities and performing them for crowds of people, tv cameras, etc. It would be difficult then to pick out who is the real deal, but that seems unlikely there would ever be a time when numerous people with abilities like this, are on the global stage, all at the same time.

Can anyone dispute this or show how I may be wrong? Looking back thru history I cannot think of a single person that has EVER had supernatural abilities, if anyone can name one or two, Id like to know them.
The Anti oil (christ) is a fading memory.
The lawless one fades with time as the Blessings flow through the heart.
Law, or Torah is more than mere water and bread, it is a call to a wedding feast very few have heard.
Yet, it is a miracle beyond measure.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You don't know what the hell you're ranting about.
Do you have any idea what I'm writing about?

I submit you have no idea how to answer my charges of anti-semitism with regard to Rapture & Tribulation dogma. Therefore you resort to cheap pointless argument. Make your point sir in a logical and dispassionate fashion. But I really doubt you can do so. I stand on the side of truth and humanitarian principle. The rapture and tribulation doctrines are demonic to the bone.

John Nelson Darby. Ever heard of him? Consort of witches in the mid-19th century, this fellow sought to reinterpret Christian doctrines of the millennium as well as history itself. Using scripture quotations, just as every con artist before and after him, as well as influential contacts (Bible publisher Cyrus Scofield & evangelist D.L. Moody) he pushed his ideology onto the American public. None of the established Protestant denominations bought his snake oil, but it did become popular with Fundamentalist groups which generally operated at a low voltage mental awareness of the Bible and Christian doctrine.(*)

Anti-semitism, which is always present in global attitudes, experienced a dramatic rise during the same period. The attitude was reflected in university courses and text books as well as religious themes and doctrines. It's adoption by Darby is obvious to anyone who is familiar with the basic ideas of Darby's rapture & tribulation.

As I stated before, Darby's rapture is exclusive. According to Darby's rule no Jew will be transported off planet as well as Roman Catholics, Orthodox Christians or anybody else who isn't a member of an American Protestant church. Review the ideology for yourself. Unless revisionists get hold of it, the exclusive nature of the dogma will remain.

As I stated before, Darby's version of the tribulation period is also anti-semitic. Contrary to legitimate scholarly interpretations of Christian eschatology Darby's tribulation is to be sent from God for the purpose of scourging Jews for their refusal to recant their traditions. Purveyors of this aberration of religious dogma are writing and hoping for a second holocaust - a second mass murder of innocent Jewish men women and children - while good American Evangelicals sit in heaven and nod their approval of the hellish events transpiring on the Earth.

You may dislike my statement here regarding Darby's nonsense, but you cannot disprove it. Every word Darby wrote and which is promoted by American evangelical Protestants is an aberration. Worst of all these people, who might otherwise be the nicest folks you'd want to know, stand by this hellish doctrine as though it was gospel - which it most assuredly is not.

You cannot prove me wrong. Evidence of this is your resort to character defamation - an empty and vile attempt to distract the reader from truth. The real lie here is Darby's rapture and tribulation ideology. It is not of God. It is evidence of the doctrines of demons predicted by scripture to appear in the world during the End Times.

It is time for American Protestant evangelicals to repent of this most heinous and devious doctrine. The Jew isn't the problem. It's the narrow minded self-righteous minority of Christendom who think they alone possess truth. In this they have deceived themselves. They are doing the devil's work when they believe it.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

(*) Many of them still do not believe the Old Testament has a place in the Holy Bible. They don't read it. They don't understand it and they have no one to teach them otherwise. Blind sheep being led by corrupt shepherds.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:03 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Ancient Jewish thought tells it like it is, we are flesh and spirit and we are kingdom against kingdom. The evil one to be revealed is revealed in everyone.
I do not recall any reference to your statement in Torah. The mishnah perhaps? Please quote if you can....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity