Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:34 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,318,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
1 John 2

4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone keeps His word, the love of God has been truly perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him: 6Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.…

Psalm 119

“Oh how I love your law!”

1 Thessalonians 5

27 I put you under oath before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.

“And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise” (Deut. 6:6–7).
so where in these regurgitated verses is the word BIBLE? Remember it is spelled B-I-B-L-E....NOT law, NOT letter, not WORDS, not COMMANDMENTS, but BIBLE.

Here I though the word was JESUS.....as in..

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD....

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

unless of course you seriously think that WORD is the same as
BIBLE???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 07:05 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
You will not stop your beliefs being held up against the scriptures and the light of Jesus Christ by putting those who ask you the questions you cannot support with the bible you claim has got all the answers on the ignore list.You would have more respect by manning up and addressing those who you disagree with. No one has been disrepectful to you, so don't even go there.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:31 PM

88,885 posts, read 85,359,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Hell is going to get really crowded pretty soon
Many are betting heavily there is no such thing
For those who like to proclaim, "Why WHEN did anyone EVER indicate their delight at the idea of other people going to hell?"

See above.

I can hear Carly Simon singing "Anticipation".

Old 05-13-2018, 10:16 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,748,723 times
So many other people, as well as Satan, get blamed for the "slips" of fundamentalists. How about fundamentalists own up to their own responsibility in the matter?

Not only must a Christian not do any of the sins on the preacher’s sin list, they must also avoid any behavior that would or could cause an infantile, helpless church member to stumble, a euphemism for falling into sin.

Every behavior has the potential of being a sin. Wouldn’t the better approach be to expect church members to be responsible for their own behavior? If Deacon Bob gets a boner during Sister Mary’s special because she is wearing a top that accentuates her bosom, is this Sister Mary’s problem? Perhaps Deacon Bob needs to grow up and own his sexuality. The same goes for any behavior that would fall under the causing-a-brother-to-stumble category.

Sin is not the problem, irresponsibility is. While my sin list (things I call out as sin in others) now fits on a post-it note, I do accept responsibility for any behavior that might harm or negatively affect others. If Polly and I get in a fight and I say something that is hurtful, whose fault is it? Should she be blamed for provoking me to anger? Dammit, she knows I have a temper!

How Fundamentalist Preachers Take the Fun Out of Everything

Old 05-14-2018, 04:22 AM

20,461 posts, read 12,856,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
so where in these regurgitated verses is the word BIBLE? Remember it is spelled B-I-B-L-E....NOT law, NOT letter, not WORDS, not COMMANDMENTS, but BIBLE.

Here I though the word was JESUS.....as in..

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD....

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

unless of course you seriously think that WORD is the same as
BIBLE???
The Bible is a collection of God’s laws, words and commandments.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:23 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,621,005 times
Quote:
Hey, I’m a nice guy!
Love you bud. Just hate who you want to be.

Love the sinner, hate the sin, thing.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,288,429 times
Quote:
The Bible is a collection of God’s laws, words and commandments.

As imagined by anonymous, primitive men.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,699,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I completely agree. However, the law exposes sin, and that's what my post is about. This generation of Church goers isn't much different than the world because the danger of sin is not being preached.

Romans 7
[5] For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
[6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
[7] What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Why do think catholics/ christians are not generally hated and despised today? LOL

Its because they are not a credible threat, if you adversary does not hate or despise you, theres a reason for that!

Old 05-14-2018, 10:37 AM

88,885 posts, read 85,359,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As imagined by anonymous, primitive men.
I don't understand why that is so hard to see.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't understand why that is so hard to see.

It isn't, for intelligent, educated Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity