Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 08:13 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

"He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God."
2 Thess 2:4

'In that hour Jesus said to the crowd, "Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me."'
Matt 26:55

What is the meaning of this? Perhaps, is it trying to say that the temple rituals are more important than any *teaching* which could ever possibly occur? It seems like teaching about the mysteries of God will always be a form of dogma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 09:50 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God."
2 Thess 2:4

'In that hour Jesus said to the crowd, "Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me."'
Matt 26:55

What is the meaning of this? Perhaps, is it trying to say that the temple rituals are more important than any *teaching* which could ever possibly occur? It seems like teaching about the mysteries of God will always be a form of dogma.
isn't this saying Jesus would sit in the courts and not on the holy place?

5Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to cling to, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness.…

Old 05-28-2018, 09:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Good grief! The first reference is not talking about Jesus! For pities sake, READ the whole passage.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:37 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Good grief! The first reference is not talking about Jesus! For pities sake, READ the whole passage.
You were never taught to read between the lines?

Old 05-28-2018, 12:26 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times
I think Ozzy was asking for the differences between anti-christ and Jesus. why is
or ....why was what the anti christ will do wrong?
or why is this proof he is anti-christ.
it is in the nature of the beast itself.

Jesus says don't believe anyone claiming to be him until you see him coming in the clouds with great glory... certainly not sitting in a man made temple.
Jesus only temple is his Church .
and until he builds one for his Father ( in EZE 39-to the end) it says it takes like 30+ years to built it ... and even then Jesus doesn't sit in it .. the prince of David / Judah .... the King even has to come in and out certain gates at certain times. and certainly does not appear to be any sort of free for all .. where anyone can sit anyplace they wish.
but the Father's glory does seem it comes there when it is all done. . well probably just some of it sits there. so until the one who drops out of the clouds on a horse( read bible for the full description) and not on a space ship, that don't count .. builds that house/temple then it aint him ..

Old 05-28-2018, 12:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You were never taught to read between the lines?
I was never taught to make up wild things that have NO basis in the passage being studied, no,

" 3Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity