Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 11:13 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Romans 5

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

1. How much is "many"?

2. Is the equation equal on both sides?
If both sides were not equal, then both sides would not use the same word "MANY". We know it is ALL. However, I do not know the means by which ALL shall be saved, meaning, I do believe some will not come to Christ in this life, and I don't know exactly how they shall come to him after death if they have not come to him while in this mortal body. I don't have to know how. I am one who believes the warnings in the New Testament about reaping what we sow and many other places concerning judgement and punishment. However, the concept of eternal torment or "torture" is off the table because God never put it on the table because of the infinite depth of his mercy and love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 11:14 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All that are in Christ are saved.
Then all must be in Christ.

"Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people." Rom. 5:18

It doesn't get much more clear than that.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:20 AM

The book of Romans is the main book in the New Testament that testifies of the Universal Salvation of man through Christ. I don't know how anyone can read the book and not see it. But I suppose when you approach any of the scriptures with a pre-conceived notion you have been taught all your life, you just can't see it any other way. The light of the scriptures has been dimmed by the doctrines and notions of many. Once you see the truth of Universal Reconciliation, you can't un-see it. It's as if the scriptures have had the lights turned on. I remember when they were darkness to me.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
ALL humanity is born spiritually dead in the inherited sin of Adam. The POTENTIAL is for all to be saved by belief in Christ, but most will ignore or scoff and not believe. So relatively few will be saved as a percentage. Over 2,000+ years, those coming to Christ in the age of grace , tribulation, and millenium will most likely be in the billions. Heaven will be a busy place in spite of the gate being narrow.
He came to seek and save the LOST - the ungodly, those who LOST their way not the righteous.
So, the many are inclusive of ALL who were LOST. And ALL those who were LOST will be saved.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Then all must be in Christ.

"Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people." Rom. 5:18

It doesn't get much more clear than that.
It is clear, unless you are opposed to it in your heart and mind. People are taught to believe a lie.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:23 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It is clear, unless you are opposed to it in your heart and mind. People are taught to believe a lie.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What? I never stated or implied the red above.
Correct, you said "many is many." And how many is many?

Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All that are in Christ are saved.
You are correct B.F. However you have not answered the 2 questions.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
You are correct B.F. However you have not answered the 2 questions.
All sin in Adam. All in Christ are saved (he's called the 2nd Adam). So the answer is both "All". The question is if one is in the first or the last Adam. To move from one to the other, one must be born a second time, as Jesus said in John 3.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:03 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I know. It's still worth repeating.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity