Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 12:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You have a choice. You can believe in God’s Word or men’s lies. God asks for faith and to place trust in Him. Hell is real and a permanent reality for many.
How do you know that the ‘men’s lies’ aren’t what formed the New Testament?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Exactly. All they say is that "I'm right and you're wrong," everyone else be damned (quite literally!) Do they not care one tiny iota about all those countless people enduring the endless horror of their Hell?

SMH x 1000.
I think it is kinda similar to racist psychology...

Old 05-30-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Saddened by it? On the contrary, it seems like most of the people (some of whom post on C-D) who believe in eternal hell and torment almost enjoy repeating endlessly that other people will suffer for eternity. It never seems to occur to them that THEY could possibly be one of that number. They are absolutely sure that they are "saved" and have no worries. It's only "other" people who don't believe as they do who have to fear eternal torment. They may be shocked at who else turns up in glory with them.
Well, you just know that you know...You know?....

Old 05-30-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
It sounds lie You didn’t come here to ask a theological question but to express your approval of universalism.

Blaming God for eternal torment is like blaming gravity for someone jumping off the building. It is YOU that is consigning yourself to hell. You are making to choice to reject God. So, we should stop making the false accusations about God and His true followers.

The Bible clear and to the point about how the Lord offers a free gift of life to mankind. You don’t need to work or earn it. In order to accept it you need to put your faith in Jesus and turn away from sin.
That’s the lie, right there, it isn’t a free gift at all...I’d say that universalism more aptly portrays the free gift...

You’d problem help a depressed person commit suicide, wouldn’t you?...

Old 05-30-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let them vent. The deniers obsession with hell is quite a thing to witness, but it is best to let them vent it all out here in the forums rather than in the real world.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Trust me, I vent about it in the real world all the time. I've done it for many years. Good thing most of my friends and family are 100% in agreement with me. While I believe everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs, I do not believe in spreading erroneous dogma which causes grievous psychological harm to millions of people.

You believe what you want, more power to you. I just don't wanna hear about it.
Maybe folks don’t wanna here about yours...

Old 05-30-2018, 01:16 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:
Exactly. All they say is that "I'm right and you're wrong," everyone else be damned (quite literally!) Do they not care one tiny iota about all those countless people enduring the endless horror of their Hell?

SMH x 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
... People judging and condemning others are - by Biblical definition - anti-Christian. These people you are complaining about are already condemned according to God...
This is an excellent point. The people who are telling others they are condemned to an eternity of torment by God are actually the ones living under condemnation. If you want to, share the truly good news that God is not holding the sins of anyone against them, and trust that Word to accomplish it's purpose.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The eternal offense of sin to an eternal God demands an eternal punishment. The Luke 16 story of hell implies everyone IN hell knows perfectly well why they are there and how long it will last. God is NOT interested in our opinions, He could care less, His creation and His rules. ALL those worried about hell should know they don't have to go there, instead through faith they can spend a glorious eternity with Jesus thanks to the free gift of grace.

See the post about 1Cor 15:1-4
The parable of Luke 16 is not about hell...

Old 05-30-2018, 01:56 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
This is an excellent point. The people who are telling others they are condemned to an eternity of torment by God are actually the ones living under condemnation. If you want to, share the truly good news that God is not holding the sins of anyone against them, and trust that Word to accomplish it's purpose.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:15 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,038,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If punishment created change and transformation, then I'd see the point. As it is, punishment is simply vengeance (a human, not divine concept), and accomplishes nothing of worth. I would not like to discuss with bible verses, thanks anyway, but you're obviously welcome to post whatever you wish.
Well, Pieroo, we shall leave it there for the present. Punishment however, rather than being mere vengeance (which is indeed a merely human concept) goes far beyond to change, transformation and life.

"To say that sin, assuming it to be opposed to God, has the power of creating a world antagonistic to God as everlasting as He is, attributes to it a power equal at least to His; since according to this view, souls whom God willed to be saved, and for whom Christ died, are held in bondage under the power of sin for ever; and all this in opposition to the Word of God, which says that God's Son was "manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil..." --Andrew Jukes-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity