Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 AM

179 posts, read 83,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An age has a beginning and an end; eternity or that which is eternal does not.
age-during means endless ages, which is why when put into English phraseology it reads everlasting or eternal. This is a simple verse and over 500 years of English scholars are not going to get it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 07:58 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post
This is just plain rubbish. Jesus mentioned hell more than He did heaven. Jesus borrowed nothing from the Greeks since Jesus is Eternal. Daniel mentioned hell before Plato. You're not helping anyone understand hell by denying it.
Forget about rubbish man: focus on the two posts above choirboy!

Old 08-01-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
If you say so. It must be true.

Actually, on second thought, does "Age during mean forever"? Let's see:

"Consider the N. T. use of aion. Does “eternity” make any sense in the following passages? To make my point unmistakable, I have translated the Greek word aion with the English word “eternity.”

¨ What will be the sign…of the end of the eternity (Mt. 24:3)?

¨ I am with you…to the end of the eternity (Mt. 28:20).

¨ The sons of this eternity are more shrewd (Lu. 16:8).

¨ The sons of this eternity marry (Lu. 20:34).

¨ Worthy to attain that eternity (Lu. 20:35).

¨ Since the eternity began (Jn. 9:32; Ac. 3:21).

¨ Conformed to this eternity (Ro. 12:2).

¨ Mystery kept secret since the eternity began but now made manifest (Ro. 16:25-26).

¨ Where is the disputer of this eternity (1Co. 1:20)?

¨ Wisdom of this eternity, nor of the rulers of this eternity…ordained before the eternities…which none of the rulers of this eternity…(1Co. 2:6-8)

¨ Wise in this eternity (1Co. 3:18).

¨ Upon whom the ends of the eternities have come.
(1Co. 10:11)

¨ God of this eternity has blinded (2Co. 4:4).

¨ Deliver us from this present evil eternity (Ga. 1:4).

¨ Not only in this eternity but also in that which is to come (Ep. 1:21).

¨ Walked according to the eternity of this world (Ep. 2:2).

¨ In the eternities to come (Ep. 2:7).

¨ From the beginnings of the eternities (Ep. 3:9).

¨ Hidden from eternities…but now…revealed (Col. 1:26).

¨ Loved this present eternity (2Ti. 4:10).

¨ Powers of the eternity to come (He. 6:5).

¨ At the end of the eternities (He. 9:26).

¨ We understand the eternities have been prepared by a saying of God (He. 11:3).

How can we say…

¨ “Before eternity” or “eternity began”? Eternity has no beginning (Jn. 9:32; Ac. 3:21; 1Co. 2:7; Ep. 3:9).

¨ “Present eternity,” “eternity to come,” and “end of eternity?” Eternity transcends time. Only God is eternal (Mt. 24:3; 28:20; 1Co. 10:11; 2Ti. 4:10; He. 6:5; 9:26).

¨ “This eternity,” “that eternity,” or “eternities”? There is only one eternity (Lu. 16:8; 20:34-35; Ro. 12:2; 1Co. 1:20; 2:6-8; 3:18; 10:11; 2Co. 4:4; Ga. 1:4; Ep. 1:21; 2:2, 7; 3:9; Col. 1:26; 2Ti. 4:10; He. 11:3).

¨ “Eternal secret” if the secret is revealed? (Ro. 16:25-26; Col. 1:26). It is no longer a “secret” at that point."

Eternity in the Bible by Gerry Beauchemin – Hope Beyond Hell
This is what I call a very poorly done Bible study. Look it up in the Strong's and then learn how words are applied to the context. Then look at multiple translations which will help you understand the context. You are going out of your way to spread confusion which only tends to work on gullible minds. I've already done this research and know all this is a total come-on. You make reading the Bible much harder than it is. Its not that hard. There are very solid English translations out there like the NKJV, MEV and ESV which are already broken down to its literal meaning.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:17 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
This is what I call a very poorly done Bible study. Look it up in the Strong's and then learn how words are applied to the context. Then look at multiple translations which will help you understand the context. You are going out of your way to spread confusion which only tends to work on gullible minds. I've already done this research and know all this is a total come-on. You make reading the Bible much harder than it is. Its not that hard. There are very solid English translations out there like the NKJV, MEV and ESV which are already broken down to its literal meaning.
Would the act of looking something up written by another mortal just be a form of REGURGITATION and not actual knowledge based on having studied the bible for ones self?

Isn't ORIGINAL thought and deduction valued more than blindly accepting another human's written OPINION?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
The Anglican Church in UK officially adopted annihalitionism, is this the same church or a branch of it?

Hell and the Church of England
I am an American and here in America we do not have the same government as England. Due to cultural differences, the Anglican Church in America goes by the 1928 Book of Common Prayer. Also, as I mentioned before, the Continuing Anglicans are not corrupted by progressive thought. We, unlike the Church of England which has strayed from its own foundation, continue in the ancient teachings as the Church of England once did before progressive thinking blinded them and corrupted the Church. So, in actuality, what is left of the ancient Anglican Church survives only in those parishes which are referred to as the Continuum (Continuing Anglicans). I know this might seem confusing as it is confusing when a church splits off into numerous sects. But not all Anglican Churches churches continue to teach sound doctrine anymore due to progressive politics. Moderator cut: Comments comparing a person to a Satanic priest are (of course) removed.
The Continuing Anglican doesn't follow this tread and have broken away from the Episcopal church to continue on with sound doctrine. So there has been a reformation without the Anglican churches of America to counter the maddening wine of planet progressive. Its a shame what's been happening to England altogether. Sad to see the country fall apart the way it has. My ancestors came from England and am one of the millions of American citizens who have Royalty in the bloodline (both sides of my family). Some people say all this does is give a person bragging rights. This is true to a degree for sure. But we've already seen a young American woman with less ancestry to the throne recently marry into the Royal family and I have more bloodline to the throne...than she dost. But would I really want the burden and responsibility of such a position in a country that is on the brink of a bloody civil war? Well, yeah actually, since I love challenges. However, having some brains in my head I know that is too many problems in England to solve and then you have the Parliament of England Moderator cut: Political remarks are (of course) removed. Simply stated, a future of civil war and disaster awaits Britain and even if I were a Prince or King of Great Britain it would be nothing but stress day in and day out with a bulls eye on my back every minute of every day. So it is so much better to be an American and live a more secure life while the once Great Britain goes down in the flames of the sins it has imposed upon the good citizens of the United Kingdom. Very sad to see my ancestral country go down like that.

But my point here has little to do with my bragging rights as an American with Noble descent. Though a knowledge of the Church of England as it continued after the Revolutionary War is important. For after the war those English citizens who did not want to be excommunicated from the Anglican Church either returned back to England or started over in America. The Episcopal Church was the American Anglican Church and for sometime it did very well here in America. But then we entered into this culture war which by 2005 had turned into something which can only be described as evil infiltrating American Churches. This I noticed right away and was in shock to see this kind of evil coming from various denominations. Back in 2005 I was not yet an Anglican. I did not become an Anglican until recently in my life when I sought out to find a balance between the best of Protestantism and Catholicism. I was just plain lucky to stumbled across the Anglican Church because it was by accident that I did this. I was thinking about becoming a Roman Catholic if any parish was traditional in my community. None were. But my meeting with the priest of the local Anglican Church won me over immediately. I was lucky this priest and his parish are very traditional or otherwise I'd still be looking for a new spiritual home for myself. Since my arrival to the Anglican Church I have taken confirmation class which has been very enlightening to my already well knowable and discipline Christian mind. I have learned things I never knew before thanks to the confirmation class. So not all Anglican Churches are the same. Some have become progressive while others are free to remain traditional. The Episcopal Church has no authority over the Continuum. The rules of the priesthood as they have been since the greater days of the Church of England are strict and priests are to die to preserve the faith. But we see many priests not following the Apostolic Succession and breaking away from all creeds and traditions of the church. So the best Anglican Churches are still the Credo ones.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful to you. There are many Americans who are Anglicans but few Protestants today seem to know anything about them. I really wish they did because the more people learn about the Anglican Church the more pleasing it will be for those who are looking for the balance between Protestantism and Catholicism. Such a balance does exist. I have seen much evil done in the name of anti-Catholicism to the point where I am displeased with most all Protestant Churches. Even many of the Lutheran Churches have strayed far from what they once were by adopting progressive madness. Though a more traditional Lutheran Church is also fine.

I do want to mentioned one more thing in my post. Mary. Moderator cut: Posts derogatory to denominations are (of course) removed. He was convinced by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. She is the mother of God. And I would never want to slap Jesus' mother in the face for the blessed child she brought into the world. But, in maintaining a balanced thought of worship, I decided to mix up the 5 decades of the Rosary between Mary and Christ. There is an ancient rosary by monks I am going to learn and then use that in combination with Mary in decades of the rosary (the decades represent 10 beads of the rosary being 5 total decades of the rosary, 50 beads in all in the 5 decades of the rosary). But first I need to find out how the most ancient rosary went so this is all new to me. But I will not remove Mary from the rosary by any means. I just want to subtract 2 decades of the hail Mary and replace that with 2 decades of Jesus. That still leaves me with 3 decades of hail Mary's to meditate on in prayer.

The rosary is a very powerful way to pray and meditate in the Lord. And, if you are a man like me, don't worry. You can buy rosaries for men used for prayer and strong enough to use as a weapon against home intruders, even killing an intruder with your rosary, and then praying for forgiveness using the rosary you just killed someone with My rosary is heavy and not girly looking. So its not a girl thing to pray the rosary.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-01-2018 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: Several edits

Old 08-01-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Would the act of looking something up written by another mortal just be a form of REGURGITATION and not actual knowledge based on having studied the bible for ones self?

Isn't ORIGINAL thought and deduction valued more than blindly accepting another human's written OPINION?
No, not at all. There are highly reputable study tools for Christians and knowing how to use the Strong's Concordance is one of the finest and most dependable tools any Christians will have. Its always been the most used study tool for me for 32 years. But when people resort to manipulating and making up their own ideas as opposed to reputable sources, they become mystics and have stumbled from the faith and into the occult world which is what this denial of hell really is. The Bible teaches eternal hell but the occult world makes up a theology to make hell disappear from the Bible. But in light of real Christian works it doesn't stand up. This is why no cultist can ever fool a devout Catholic. Protestants fall for the occult tricks all the time. This is precisely the reason why I became a Catholic.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
No, not at all. There are highly reputable study tools for Christians and knowing how to use the Strong's Concordance is one of the finest and most dependable tools any Christians will have. Its always been the most used study tool for me for 32 years. But when people resort to manipulating and making up their own ideas as opposed to reputable sources, they become mystics and have stumbled from the faith and into the occult world which is what this denial of hell really is. The Bible teaches eternal hell but the occult world makes up a theology to make hell disappear from the Bible. But in light of real Christian works it doesn't stand up. This is why no cultist can ever fool a devout Catholic. Protestants fall for the occult tricks all the time. This is precisely the reason why I became a Catholic.
Based on what criteria are they reputable? Other human's opinion?

Who decided that strong was the finest and most dependable? Has anyone even thought to compare it side by side with another concordance?

Truth is, a select group of MALES anointed these books and declared them to be the standard simply because the MALES AGREED with the dogma and the book supported their christian sharia law and misogynistic attitutudes.

But when people resort to ancient mythical writings and forego their own INTELLIGENCE and REASONING they become pawns in the Pharisaical game of FEAR and HATE.
They become drones incapable of honest and sincere interactions with others, let alone with god.

The bible shows us that hell is a state of mind but the evangelical world twists theology to make hell the monster in the closet to manipulate people towards accepting a perverted vision of god.
But in the LIGHT of MICAH 6:8, the true followers of Christ (aka love) will always come through no matter how threatening the evangelical storm may appear.
Evangelicals and others blinded by organized religion not only fall for the perverted theology, they also promote it as truth out of fear of the HELL other mortals have created.

This is precisely why I have become a disciple and challenge the perversion of the Evangelical status quo.

I AM NOT ABOVE FLIPPING A FEW TABLES MYSELF EVERY NOW AND AGAIN.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:00 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Based on what criteria are they reputable? Other human's opinion?

Who decided that strong was the finest and most dependable? Has anyone even thought to compare it side by side with another concordance?

Truth is, a select group of MALES anointed these books and declared them to be the standard simply because the MALES AGREED with the dogma and the book supported their christian sharia law and misogynistic attitutudes.

But when people resort to ancient mythical writings and forego their own INTELLIGENCE and REASONING they become pawns in the Pharisaical game of FEAR and HATE.
They become drones incapable of honest and sincere interactions with others, let alone with god.

The bible shows us that hell is a state of mind but the evangelical world twists theology to make hell the monster in the closet to manipulate people towards accepting a perverted vision of god.
But in the LIGHT of MICAH 6:8, the true followers of Christ (aka love) will always come through no matter how threatening the evangelical storm may appear.
Evangelicals and others blinded by organized religion not only fall for the perverted theology, they also promote it as truth out of fear of the HELL other mortals have created.

This is precisely why I have become a disciple and challenge the perversion of the Evangelical status quo.

I AM NOT ABOVE FLIPPING A FEW TABLES MYSELF EVERY NOW AND AGAIN.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
I dunno where the Bible says hell is a state of mind...but I wanna know!

I agree with the above post...

Strong's Concordance is the bomb! Not just a simple everyday Concordance.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:08 PM

435 posts, read 250,455 times
Quote:
age-during means endless ages, which is why when put into English phraseology it reads everlasting or eternal.
No, "age-during" in YLT means "age lasting", i.e. lasting for an age.

An "age" is not restricted in its range of meanings to "eternal". See, for example, Webster's dictionary.

As for putting it "into English phraseology", there is no need since "age-during" is already perfectly good English.

BTW, YLT also states that wherever you see "forever" instead you should read "age-during".

Quote:
This is a simple verse and over 500 years of English scholars are not going to get it wrong.
Except for all the scholars during those 500 years that disagree with those other scholars. And all the early church father universalist Greek scholar native born Koine Greek speakers who disagree with you & them. And, of course, the Sacred Scriptures themselves.

Checkout the orthodox universalism majority in the early church (and a hope for universalism majority in the present day church):

https://www.christianforums.com/thre...times.8042013/

Indeed Very Many: Universalism in the Early Church

If you think the Bible & the early church & the modern church are all wrong, you will have to prove it.

If you think Love Omnipotent's love is finite & expires like a carton of milk so He can torture most of His creatures called human beings in fire with immortal worms eating them for all endless trillions X trillions X trillions of eons, forever and ever and ever, you will have to prove it.

statement of faith
http://www.evangelicaluniversalist.c....php?f=41&t=57

7 myths
https://reforminghell.com/7-myths-about-universalism/
The Evangelical Universalist: Responses to evangelical objections to the orthodoxy of universalism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity