Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:04 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times

Advertisements

what if stan and laural and hardy and ellen are not his peace?
have fun..
fun is all there is right?

jus tlike this verse..

1Co 15:32

And what value was there in fighting wild beasts—those people of Ephesus[fn]—if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, “Let's feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!”[fn]

that is the philosophy you are teaching here..

but if there is another peace.. beside the FUN you worship ..
a peace a peace that is strong even in the darkest days of evil..
That is His peace that surpasses understanding and circumstances .. the peace that is ellen and mutt and jeff, bevus and butthead isnt peace.. is not his peace anyway ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 12:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
what if stan and laural and hardy and ellen are not his peace?
have fun..
fun is all there is right?

jus tlike this verse..

1Co 15:32

And what value was there in fighting wild beasts—those people of Ephesus[fn]—if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, “Let's feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!”[fn]

that is the philosophy you are teaching here..

but if there is another peace.. beside the FUN you worship ..
a peace a peace that is strong even in the darkest days of evil..
That is His peace that surpasses understanding and circumstances .. the peace that is ellen and mutt and jeff, bevus and butthead isnt peace.. is not his peace anyway ..
You have a knack for seriously overstating your case.

But yeah, I remember when, as a Christian, it felt like fun didn't have anything to do with God. God was very. serious. business.

But...

Old 08-21-2018, 01:26 PM

when the day of evil come I pray you stand in joy and not in mocking of his truths then.
His joy is beyond fun and beyond circumstances even.
and it is a greater rejoicing and those who have it will be rejoice in ,
than those who have the joy of ellen !
those who's minds are stayed in him..

isn't minds who are stayed on ellen or Even Oprah..

Old 08-21-2018, 02:01 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
when the day of evil come I pray you stand in joy and not in mocking of his truths then.
His joy is beyond fun and beyond circumstances even.
and it is a greater rejoicing and those who have it will be rejoice in ,
than those who have the joy of ellen !
those who's minds are stayed in him..

isn't minds who are stayed on ellen or Even Oprah..
You never did answer what about my words made you feel condemned? And now I'll also ask you what I said that you thought was me mocking?

Old 08-21-2018, 02:44 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That's one of those verses that stuck with me as well, MissH. Together with, "As a person thinks, so s/he is" and "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind", and "Whatever is noble, lovely, etc., think on these things."

It's simple for me. As a person who was mired in depression for most of my life, when I finally realized I wasn't at the mercy of my thoughts but could actually learn to think about things which were uplifting, my life began to change for the better exponentially. But it all started with realizing that anything I thought about God that wasn't noble and lovely and didn't renew me and bring peace, wasn't true.
The mind is so very important, it steers our feet and is the doorway into our hearts.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ

Phillipians 4:8
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. "For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh my, this is quite profound....thank you...I play Cello....it is a tuning that can be very subtle.
You have tuned yourself well, from my take.
You play Cello? How wonderful!

Old 08-21-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
As it is written,

"Peace is my gift to you. My peace is my farewell to you. "(Jesus and His believers)

Peace is a gift.

But if you don't know what it is you cannot accept it.

The peace of God is a mystery to the sinner. God will not allow the wicked to have it. Though they think they know.

What did Jesus give the Disciples?

" No peace for the wicked. No peace for all mankind, "saith the Lord
You have brought your clanging symbol into a peaceful thread. Too bad.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:49 PM

this isn't the day of the Lord ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84OCJavCrlw

But sept 11 is Rosh hashanna and that is crowing of the king or of the one we all the great shephard.. so this is at least interesting .. and on that day the moon and Jupiter is in libra ( scales of judgement ) which kind of speaks of possible judgment, I mean I have to say it . Jupitar and the moon is both a picture of Jesus and he is that shepherd.. and since America is kind of goatish .. well.. and I do know now about the tribulation twins now days ..
But wow if it comes close enough to hit the moon it might be even more interresting .. if it "crowns" the moon..
because that has happened before.. and results are recorded as Serpent Mound and "whispering cairn" and the Pictish Rhynie stones.
Native Americans call it the "re-waters" as in Noah was the " water" and then there was the Rewaters. and that was that First kiss of the earth and the moon.. and why there is water marks on the moon.. and why there is a layer of moon dirt from one side of America to the other side, 6 ft down is a layer sterile soil that only matches the moon . and then a later of sterile sand washed over that dirt. it is sterile except for the bones of extinct mega fauna between the layer of moon dirt and the sterile sand washed over the bones of extinct animals.. and to think that wasn't even the flood that was just about 3500 years ago or time times and a half time ago.. water came from the serpent... and tried to wash the woman away.. or so it was at the bronze age colapse/ or joshuas long day ..
so really every one should stay in prayer all through these coming feast days ( whole month of sept) this year and next actually! to help keep your mind in perfect peace hum ? you just might need it!! real soon..
. one day you will need it ! so practice it now
if it is just a warning or not.
because if and when it does happen one day .. ellen and oprah aint going to be there to help you through it .. and neither will bevus or butt head,... on second thought there sure might be alot of butt heads.. but they won't be helping you!
I thought the date of Sept 11 is well kind of interesting also.. like Jonathan Cahns " the harbinger and all.. could this be God shooting a warning shot over the bow ? saying wake up . like sept 11 and the twin towers? or could this be the real thing or just Yet another warning, that something this way comes.. ?
so stay in prayer everyone.. and love your family, huge them lots ,, give them lots of kisses just in case.. and it name is Zinner ... Not sinner but zinner..

http://www.cometwatch.co.uk/bright-comets-of-2018/ .

just yet another one shot over our bow to remind us to pray and stay in a place of repentance? because we sure never know exactly what hour we will meet him or how.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-21-2018 at 05:35 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 07:35 PM

opps that should havesaid // Rosh Hashanna is crowning of the king ..Not "crowing ".. But he might even crow that that day who knows.. cockadoodledo..

Old 08-21-2018, 09:53 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have no doubt a person who does right has an inner peace. ('Righteous' has almost as
many triggers to some as the word 'God'.)

But God didn't say that here. Nor Isaiah here.
'Perfect' peace is way diff than peace. ...'Staying your mind on Him' is specific..is diff than
doing good (right) and thinking pure, right good thoughts.
Humility is wonderful...keeps a person pretty peaceful.
'Perfect spirit'?... what is a perfect spirit, please.
I told you but you cannot hear.

It is for the meek and the just.

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity